Flynn needs to be "Locked Up!"

Flynn scandal intensifies amid documented payments from Russia

The connection between the Comrade and his love affair with Putin goes through Mike Flynn. The Justice Department is being gutted, so I don't look for them to find the collusion. The independent press will need to do the work. The spineless Republicans in Congress will need to be hit with a Huge Rock, before they will relaize that Putin has the Comrade by his short, very short, hairs...
Is this like the tax thing? Because I gotta tell you seeing Maddow face plant was fucking epic.

The connection between the Comrade and his love affair with Putin goes through Mike Flynn. The Justice Department is being gutted, so I don't look for them to find the collusion. The independent press will need to do the work. The spineless Republicans in Congress will need to be hit with a Huge Rock, before they will relaize that Putin has the Comrade by his short, very short, hairs...

You OBVIOUSLY are a Rachel Madcow sycophant. She claims they he was paid by the Russian government while all her proof shows that he was paid by a TV station and an airline.

So, in other words, you have the overactive imagination of Rachel "I have Trump's tax returns" Maddow. Admit it!
You got nothing!

By law, Ex Generals in our Military are NOT suppose to do work with enemy foreign Nations and get paid by this foreign nation or an entity of this foreign nation, unless they notify their respective Military Branch, and the Military Branch approves the action, ahead of time.

Flynn was paid by RT, an arm of the Russian propaganda machine, to go to Russia and meet with PUTIN FOR A CELEBRATION/ reward's event...

Flynn was PAID very well for his meeting with Putin...by the RT News.

Flynn never told the Army, and never got permission from the Army, for his meeting with them.

Really? What's that law?

Flynn made $40+K from the Russian government because of his former position within the U.S. government... which is illegal.
Statute?

The emoluments clause to the U.S. Constitution. Flynn was paid to speak at the meeting because of his position within the U.S. government, and the person making the payment was the Russian government via RT.

Guide to the Constitution
Flynn held no office at the time of the so called infraction. Try again.

It doesn't matter, he was only given the speaking engagement because of his former position within the U.S. government, and there is a rule about how long a person is gone from their job before they can start doing that kind of stuff. He only left his position in April 2014. His speaking engagement was in 2015.

I'm not the only one that sees this... and they believed it was against the clause BEFORE it was known for sure that he got paid by the Russian government.

Flynn Violated Constitution With Russia Speech, Democrats Say

Flynn made $40+K from the Russian government because of his former position within the U.S. government... which is illegal.
Statute?

The emoluments clause to the U.S. Constitution. Flynn was paid to speak at the meeting because of his position within the U.S. government, and the person making the payment was the Russian government via RT.

It doesn't matter, he was only given the speaking engagement because of his former position within the U.S. government, and there is a rule about how long a person is gone from their job before they can start doing that kind of stuff. He only left his position in April 2014. His speaking engagement was in 2015.

I'm not the only one that sees this... and they believed it was against the clause BEFORE it was known for sure that he got paid by the Russian government.

Of course it matters. You can't cite the emolument clause because it doesn't apply. If there is another law you can cite please do or stop making shit up.

Statute?

Of course it matters. You can't cite the emolument clause because it doesn't apply. If there is another law you can cite please do or stop making shit up.

I just cited it, can you read?

He still had his Top Secret clearance... he was still within the grace period of being a U.S. representative that he could not take money from a foreign government. This isn't rocket science, it is clearly pointed out.

And straight from the Department of Defense:

"Significantly, retired regular military officers are also subject to the Emoluments Clause because they are subject to recall, and, therefore, hold an “Office of Profit or Trust” under the Emoluments Clause.14 Retired regular military enlisted personnel are subject to the Emoluments Clause for the same reason as retired regular military officers.15 Finally, reservists are also subject to the Emoluments Clause, even after reservists complete the requisite number of years to be eligible for retired pay and are transferred to inactive status. 16"

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/resource_library/emoluments_clause_applications.pdf

Oops!

Rachel Maddow again LMFAO.
data-laughs-o.gif

Oh yeah.
cows-moo_4798750a26bf1d60.jpg

And to add... the Department of Defense specifically sent out the memo so that retired personnel knew they were still covered under the Emoluments Clause:

"CONCLUSION

The Emoluments Clause to the Constitution applies to all Federal personnel. The Clause prohibits receipt of foreign gifts unless Congress consents such as in the Foreign Gifts and Decorations Act, 5 U.S.C. § 7342. For retired military personnel, the Emoluments Clause continues to apply to them because they are subject to recall. The Justice Department opinions referred to in this paper construe the Emoluments Clause broadly. Specifically, the Justice Department construes the Clause to include not only gifts of travel and food, but also payments such as proportionate profit-sharing. To avoid an Emoluments Clause problem resulting in suspension of retired pay, retired military personnel should seek advance consent through their respective Service consistent with 37 U.S.C. § 908. It is prudent for retired military personnel to obtain advance approval even when there is uncertainty about the Clause’s applicability. Finally, if a retired military member suspects that he or she has violated the Clause, but wants to continue to perform compensated work for a foreign state, he or she should expeditiously seek advance consent for future compensated work, and terminate current compensated employment with the foreign government until such approval is granted. This would be done to avoid increasing the amount of an erroneous payment."

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/resource_library/emoluments_clause_applications.pdf

If Congress wants to, they can not only put Flynn in jail...but he would lose all his military retirement pay and benefits.

My opinion, I'm guessing they simply fine him the amount he was paid by Russia and that's it. It will be a compromise between the Republicans and Democrats. That is if Trump doesn't pardon him.

Exactly how is the justice dept being gutted?

Exactly how is the justice dept being gutted?
By no longer having an Attorney General who has secret meetings with the spouse of people who are being investigated by the FBI to talk about golf and grandkids.

he was still within the grace period of being a U.S. representative that he could not take money from a foreign government.
How long is this grace period?
And to add... the Department of Defense specifically sent out the memo so that retired personnel knew they were still covered under the Emoluments Clause:

"CONCLUSION

The Emoluments Clause to the Constitution applies to all Federal personnel. The Clause prohibits receipt of foreign gifts unless Congress consents such as in the Foreign Gifts and Decorations Act, 5 U.S.C. § 7342. For retired military personnel, the Emoluments Clause continues to apply to them because they are subject to recall. The Justice Department opinions referred to in this paper construe the Emoluments Clause broadly. Specifically, the Justice Department construes the Clause to include not only gifts of travel and food, but also payments such as proportionate profit-sharing. To avoid an Emoluments Clause problem resulting in suspension of retired pay, retired military personnel should seek advance consent through their respective Service consistent with 37 U.S.C. § 908. It is prudent for retired military personnel to obtain advance approval even when there is uncertainty about the Clause’s applicability. Finally, if a retired military member suspects that he or she has violated the Clause, but wants to continue to perform compensated work for a foreign state, he or she should expeditiously seek advance consent for future compensated work, and terminate current compensated employment with the foreign government until such approval is granted. This would be done to avoid increasing the amount of an erroneous payment."

If Congress wants to, they can not only put Flynn in jail...but he would lose all his military retirement pay and benefits.

My opinion, I'm guessing they simply fine him the amount he was paid by Russia and that's it. It will be a compromise between the Republicans and Democrats. That is if Trump doesn't pardon him.
Congress can put people in jail now? Will he get a trial, I would like to see the case litigated.

Anyone that works for the russians should be treated as tratiors.
What about Bill and Hillary selling the Russians our uranium that can be used for nuclear weapons? Do you consider that traitorous?

BIll got the Russians to give up enough uranium to make 5,000 nuclear weapons. They won't be using Uranium one for anything but reactor fuel.

he was still within the grace period of being a U.S. representative that he could not take money from a foreign government.
How long is this grace period?

"CONCLUSION

Congress can put people in jail now? Will he get a trial, I would like to see the case litigated.

The grace period depends on what rank they are in the military and how many years they can be called back up after retirement. I believe it is 5 years or 60 years old. Flynn retired in 2014 so that is within 5 years, and he was born in December 1958, making him 58 years old. So he is still eligible to be recalled.

No Congress is the only people that can grant someone and exception to the rule or decide if someone violates it... obviously they don't prosecute them for it... don't act stupid.

By law, Ex Generals in our Military are NOT suppose to do work with enemy foreign Nations and get paid by this foreign nation or an entity of this foreign nation, unless they notify their respective Military Branch, and the Military Branch approves the action, ahead of time.

Flynn was paid by RT, an arm of the Russian propaganda machine, to go to Russia and meet with PUTIN FOR A CELEBRATION/ reward's event...

Flynn never told the Army, and never got permission from the Army, for his meeting with them.

When you can demonstrate the Russia is officially an enemy of the United States, perhaps you would have a point. As far as I know, Congress has never declared war on Russia.

When you can demonstrate the Russia is officially an enemy of the United States, perhaps you would have a point. As far as I know, Congress has never declared war on Russia.

In the Emoluments Clause it doesn't matter... it doesn't say an enemy. It just states a foreign government.

Yeah Flynn should be sitting in Leavenworth right now awaiting trial for no less than treason. Additional charges just as serious are warranted.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

BluesLegend is clearly indicating treason with the Russians is OK. BL should really not put that in writing, I would think.
"Treason with Russians" has got to be the dumbest circumlocution posted in this forum in the last month.

In the Emoluments Clause it doesn't matter... it doesn't say an enemy. It just states a foreign government.
He wasn't a government employee when he was getting paid, so that argument is absurd.

Forum List

Back