🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Folks, it's lipstick on a pig time again!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
CNN needs to get a life.....they did this same shtt coverage after the King verdict burned down parts of L.A. And still to this day, those communities struggle...as a matter of record, every state in this nation has a segment of population that is dominated by minoriites, mostly blacks...that is blight of jobs and opportunities.....and is consumed with poverty. Show me a community bristling with jobs and I'll show you a flow chart of progress...its that simple. But here's the reality.....at least where I live.....these business come in and their first hurdle is keeping products in the store before black trash steals it. Number one reason, these business's don't come to all black communities that are struggling.....they spend most of their profits on surveillance and security and its not worth it for most. So we can talk about Baltimore, Fergurson, or any town in this country on how to create opportunity....but until you address the underbelly of why business leaders overlook these places.....we'll be doing what we've done since the Watts riots, discussing what brand of lip stick to put on a pig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Charleston. And used to live in the now infamous North Charleston. The south end of NC is almost all black and has been listed by the FBI as a top 25 most dangerous neighborhood. In 2006 it was the 6th most dangerous.

For years the local media has tried to shame businesses for not investing there. Theres literally no grocery stores for miles. They called it a "food desert". Nearby Mount Pleasant...smaller and far more affluent city...has 6 Harris Teeters. North Charleston. ...0.

But why dont they invest there? Simple. Its a guaranteed loss. Crime and theft for one. And two...WHO is gonna work there? Local thug? Nope. Are outsiders gonna drive in there to work?Nope.

Until the CULTURE changes...nothing else will.

• Banned
I live in Charleston. And used to live in the now infamous North Charleston. The south end of NC is almost all black and has been listed by the FBI as a top 25 most dangerous neighborhood. In 2006 it was the 6th most dangerous.

For years the local media has tried to shame businesses for not investing there. Theres literally no grocery stores for miles. They called it a "food desert". Nearby Mount Pleasant...smaller and far more affluent city...has 6 Harris Teeters. North Charleston. ...0.

But why dont they invest there? Simple. Its a guaranteed loss. Crime and theft for one. And two...WHO is gonna work there? Local thug? Nope. Are outsiders gonna drive in there to work?Nope.

For every decent venue that packs up and leave where I live,.....its replaced by a liquor store. I personally live within walking distance of 7 fucking liquor stores back to back. I complained about it and the district counsel agreed that they were granting too many liquor licenses where I live, but nothing was done about it. So what we got is all these damned liquor stores and more police presence as a result of it. Another thing they did where I live.....the city always want to rid itself of public housing, the projects....so all across the city they tore down all these public housing units that were wrecked with criminals and drugs and guess where they moved all these people......to working class communities all over town, specifically my part of town......so now we got all this trash raising hell in our part of town....while the city build these homes that no one can afford but the well to do. Then you got motherf*** city officials complaining about the rate of crime has gone up in these areas??????? I mean they create the atmosphere that they themselves helped along the way.

• Banned

The only way to reach a new generation is to began from the cradle up.....we have got to show our young soldiers that something better awaits them in this life, if they get the education and resources necessary to see it through. Jobs is key to every dream a child has.....and until this country began investing in labor, instead of outsourcing our future to 3rd world countries, this trend of blight will continue and we have got to teach our young girls that spreading your legs to the first thing that smiles at you, is a future wasted.....nothing will change, nothing. As a black person, I'm so tired of being the poster child of what is wrong with blacks in this country.....200 years of babying black people have got to stop!!!

The only way to reach a new generation is to began from the cradle up.....we have got to show our young soldiers that something better awaits them in this life, if they get the education and resources necessary to see it through. Jobs is key to every dream a child has.....and until this country began investing in labor, instead of outsourcing our future to 3rd world countries, this trend of blight will continue and we have got to teach our young girls that spreading your legs to the first thing that smiles at you, is a future wasted.....nothing will change, nothing. As a black person, I'm so tired of being the poster child of what is wrong with blacks in this country.....200 years of babying black people have got to stop!!!

How do you do that when the current culture believes getting an education is synonymous with bendin' and a stoopin' for the Man...or perhaps more updated, playing the white man's game.

Hitting the books and striving for a quality education makes a young person a "house negro", looked down upon by their peers in the inner city culture.

How do you fix that?

How do you do that when the current culture believes getting an education is synonymous with bendin' and a stoopin' for the Man...or perhaps more updated, playing the white man's game.

Hitting the books and striving for a quality education makes a young person a "house negro", looked down upon by their peers in the inner city culture.

How do you fix that?
YOU dont. They must.

How do you fix that?

All my kids got scholarships to college...all worked hard and earned it. The last thing on the planet they heard from thier friends was negative shit.....the only people that get the negative crap your talking about, is in the movies.....most kids who are smart and intelligent, usually surround themselves with same....just sayin. Please please please stop buying into the stereotypical crap you get off of tv or in the movies.....the real world is really real!!

So the poor areas are poor because there are no jobs which promotes crime.

And your idea is that businesses shouldn't open there because of crime.

Not realizing that if jobs were to move there less people would be poor which results in less crime?

All my kids got scholarships to college...all worked hard and earned it. The last thing on the planet they heard from thier friends was negative shit.....the only people that get the negative crap your talking about, is in the movies.....most kids who are smart and intelligent, usually surround themselves with same....just sayin. Please please please stop buying into the stereotypical crap you get off of tv or in the movies.....the real world is really real!!

That is outstanding. Really outstanding.

That is outstanding. Really outstanding.

Thank you, but I'm not hear to brag....although I have to say, all my kids got their masters, one's a nurse, one works in publishing, one is a manager of a major department store, one in the military and one works for the city.......(whew...smiling)....all law abiding citizens that work hard for their coins......now that I've gotten that off my brag board......I really want you to know, that when we invest in our kids and put our own desires and drama to the side, you will get positive results that no street, no external hurdles can stop. I devoted all my efforts to my kids. I was there for them always....and kept a 9to5 job!!

Thank you, but I'm not hear to brag....although I have to say, all my kids got their masters, one's a nurse, one works in publishing, one is a manager of a major department store, one in the military and one works for the city.......(whew...smiling)....all law abiding citizens that work hard for their coins......now that I've gotten that off my brag board......I really want you to know, that when we invest in our kids and put our own desires and drama to the side, you will get positive results that no street, no external hurdles can stop. I devoted all my efforts to my kids. I was there for them always....and kept a 9to5 job!!

My Goodness ... You sound like the white folks I know.
Be careful ... Won't be long until you are just another Uncle Tom bootlicker.
It is awesome when you take responsibility for your actions ... And you have the benefit of not having other folks tell you it is because you are white you accomplished anything.

Not realizing that if jobs were to move there less people would be poor which results in less crime?

My Goodness ... You sound like the white folks I know.
Be careful ... Won't be long until you are just another Uncle Tom bootlicker.
It is awesome when you take responsibility for your actions ... And you have the benefit of not having other folks tell you it is because you are white you accomplished anything.

Do me a favor and follow some of my posted threads and comments....trust me, I am so far from being an Uncle Tom or Aunt Tom. (smile). I am 100% progressive black. I just thought I'd throw in my little brag rights.....nothing but a mom bragging.....but understand, I could give two shtts about pleasing white folk or black folk!!

If it makes you feel any better, you are not the poster child for what is wrong and if you manage to turn your anger and frustration into positive action, you could be the poster child for what is right.
50 years ago then Assistant Secretary of Labor Daniel Moynihan (a sociologist and later a Democrat U.S. Senator from NY) wrote The Case For National Action which focused on the deep roots of black poverty in America and concluded that the absence of two parent families would greatly hinder further progress toward economic and political equality. He was roundly denounced as a racist by those his report criticized - his fellow left-leaning Dems - for aiding and abetting the collapse of black family structure.
Today, with 67% of America's black kids living in single family (mostly poverty) situations, his words have proven tragically prophetic.

I'm not certain to whom your question was directed because you didn't have the courage to include their post but I will answer you using the OP, authored by one who seems to have skin in the game (pun intended):
"CNN needs to get a life.....they did this same shtt coverage after the King verdict burned down parts of L.A. And still to this day, those communities struggle...as a matter of record, every state in this nation has a segment of population that is dominated by minoriites, mostly blacks...that is blight of jobs and opportunities.....and is consumed with poverty. Show me a community bristling with jobs and I'll show you a flow chart of progress...its that simple. But here's the reality.....at least where I live.....these business come in and their first hurdle is keeping products in the store before black trash steals it. Number one reason, these business's don't come to all black communities that are struggling.....they spend most of their profits on surveillance and security and its not worth it for most. So we can talk about Baltimore, Fergurson, or any town in this country on how to create opportunity....but until you address the underbelly of why business leaders overlook these places.....we'll be doing what we've done since the Watts riots, discussing what brand of lip stick to put on a pig."

That does not work if the businesses are looted or stolen into closing their doors.

Forum List

Back