For God so loved the world....

If there is a God, why do you presume it's the Christian God?

Maybe it's the Muslim God.

Or a God you've never conceptualized.

Human beings create constructs that satisfy their deepest emotional needs. Religion is a perfect example of this.
Didn’t god write the King James Version of the Bible?

Because Jesus is part of the equation

I hope so.

But (some) Christians are extraordinarily arrogant assuming that there is only one path to God.

I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else.
I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else
Believing doesn’t make you a Christian
nor, secures your salvation either

“Judge not lest ye be judged.”

Isn’t that what Jesus said?

Sue is very judgmental.

I hope so.

But (some) Christians are extraordinarily arrogant assuming that there is only one path to God.
There is ONLY one path to GOD. That path must go through the Lord Jesus Christ and NONE go around HIM. Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:5-6

So all the illiterates around the world throughout time who have otherwise led a moral life are in Hell.

Got it.

Yes. That is the Gospel. Indeed.

Whatever YOU believe is, I"m afraid, exactly what you accused me of. Arrogance. Making up your own God that is not, in fact, Jesus Christ.

I’m not the one claiming to speak for Jesus. I’m not the one anointing who is pure and who is not. I’m not the one claiming I know for certain.

That is you.

And that is extremely arrogant.

I am not Judging. I am merely telling you what Jesus said, which you do not like. You do not like it because you claim to be Christian, yet are clearly not. You are claiming a false Christ and are being called out on it. I cannot help that. It is what it is.

Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)

I hope so.

I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else.
I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.

I hope so.

Right! You must also be baptized, as an adult. Then you’re in.

If the so called christian did follow the bible this nation would sure be a lot nicer.
How so, when there are so many among us who reject the Bible.
I thought most Americans were Christians? I thought this was a Christian nation?

Isn’t McConnell, Ryan an trump Christians?

Remember what trump said about leadership. No matter what happens you’re responsible

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is.

If the so called christian did follow the bible this nation would sure be a lot nicer.
I thought most Americans were Christians? I thought this was a Christian nation?

Remember what trump said about leadership. No matter what happens you’re responsible

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is.
I don’t either.

I hope so.

You must also go to church, when you can. If your kid has a basketball game though it’s ok to skip. It’s not that important.

And you have to feel bad about all the sins you commit. Past present and future sins. Oh you’ll still commit those sins but feel a little bad at least ok.

And when god reminds you of all those sins cry and say you are sorry....you got caught.

I hope so.

You must also go to church, when you can. If your kid has a basketball game though it’s ok to skip. It’s not that important.

And you have to feel bad about all the sins you commit. Past present and future sins. Oh you’ll still commit those sins but feel a little bad at least ok.

And when god reminds you of all those sins cry and say you are sorry....you got caught.

You have a tenuous grasp on some things sealy...this is one of them.

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is
You don’t know if Trump is a Christian,
by Christ’s own standards,
but, by Christ’s own standards, you know Toro is not

Really

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is

Really

Yes. Because Toro said blatantly that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God.

That is disqualifying. If Trump said that, it would also be disqualifying.

You know what is so funny to me. People call those who are real Christians "arrogant", but then want to dismiss the Son of God and His own precepts out of the way and make their own rules about who gets into Heaven and Hell.

But that's not arrogant at all, nope. Putting YOURSELF into the Judgement Seat of Christ about who goes to Heaven--not the least bit arrogant. Nope. Just CITING JESUS when doing so...now THAT is arrogant.

Maranatha

Really

I think the pope said you don’t have to be a Christian to go to heaven.

Of course 90% of his congregation shook their heads and rolled their eyes in disagreement

Really

I think the pope said you don’t have to be a Christian to go to heaven.

Of course 90% of his congregation shook their heads and rolled their eyes in disagreement

The pope is not the final word on Christianity.

Toro is just as certain that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God. Yet somehow this is NOT "arrogant"

School marms: rationality just reduced your post to dust.
I have the impression there are at least two other paths to YHWH. Dismissing them seems the height of arrogance to me. But then, school ma'ams, dissent is the ultimate mischief.

Toro is just as certain that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God. Yet somehow this is NOT "arrogant"

School marms: rationality just reduced your post to dust.
I have the impression there are at least two other paths to YHWH. Dismissing them seems the height of arrogance to me. But then, school ma'ams, dissent is the ultimate mischief.

You're worth ignoring.

I hope so.

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
Wow, that’s pretty bold to proclaim you are rightly judging
As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
Wow...who cares about your church

By Christ’s own standards,
you shouldn’t be a member of that church...
NO ONE would belong to that church

I hope so.

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
Wow, that’s pretty bold to proclaim you are rightly judging
As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
Wow...who cares about your church

you shouldn’t be a member of that church...
NO ONE would belong to that church

Of course I am rightly judging. I am judging by what he himself said. He said Jesus is not the only way to God and even saying such a thing is "arrogance". That is saying the very Gospel itself is "arrogance". That is a message antithetical to Christianity.

You seem to not understand the difference between saving faith and deeds. Are you Catholic?

Forum List

Back