For Reps Sake!

th

A Students, JWBooth, SteadyMercury, Jackson, DriftingSand, BluesMistress, Kiwiman, WelfareQueen, Stat, Esmeralda.....all got rep tonight....

dscn20412.jpg

Kingsley Plantation; Kingsley, the owner, fell in love with one of his slaves. Their marriage became void under Florida law later:

The Florida Territorial Council passed laws forbidding interracial marriage and the right of free blacks or mixed race descendants to inherit property. To avoid difficulties with the new government in what he termed its "spirit of intolerant prejudice", Kingsley sent his wives, children, and a few slaves to Haiti, by that time free black republic. His two daughters had already each married white planters and remained in Florida.[24][25] He sold the plantation to his nephew, Kingsley Beatty Gibbs in 1839, and transferred some of the slaves to his plantation in San Jose, now a neighborhood in Jacksonville.[note 2] Kingsley started a plantation in Haiti that was worked by former Fort George Island slaves, who had become indentured servants; slavery was not allowed in Haiti.

Kingsley had defended slavery, but later saw indentured servitude as a preferred method of work on plantations. A man of contradictions, he and Anna lived out their lives together. The plantation is part of the Timacuan preservation area, it is stunning, a remaining part of history. About 70 miles from where I live.

Last edited:
Dear fellow rep hoes,

I am currently at 51,930. The first member to push me over 52 K, if he/she reps this posting, will be double repped by me tomorrow. That would be 104 back from me....

So, on your mark, get ready.... you just gotta be in the right place at the right time!!!

:lol:

Yours truly,

RepScort Stat.

:D

Last edited:
Dear fellow rep hoes,

I am currently at 51,930. The first member to push me over 52 K, if he/she reps this posting, will be double repped by me tomorrow. That would be 104 back from me....

So, on your mark, get ready.... you just gotta be in the right place at the right time!!!

:lol:

Yours truly,

RepScort Stat.

:D

I will rep you but you have to wait....I've repped too much in the last 24 hours...bwahaha.
I don't think I have, but that's CK's opinion.....:lol:

Forum List

Back