$ for sex/drugs

The supposedly pro-capitalist party of America is vehemently opposed to the sale of sex and recreational drugs. Two legitimate enterprises which contribute to the economy.

Why is there such opposition to prostitution and the drug industry from those that also parade civil liberties and economic freedom?

I'm sorry you're a loser that has to pay for sex and have to live in an altered reality with high speed drugs, you know there is professional help for that.
Which ones are high speed drugs?

Marijuana, up to 40 times the THC concentration vs 40 years ago, cocaine, heroin, crack, meth and let's not forget the large number of pharmaceuticals that are being sold on the black market for people to get high. Do you really want those users on the roads with you and your family?
I smoked weed 40 years ago and I can tell you that this bunk BS is just a story line..there was weed back then that would kick your azz , and I've tied the so called new and improved...It ain't anymore stronger, in fact the majority of it looks pretty and is fluffy, but the buzz is a disappointment...

Just going by the reports, since I have no first hand experience.

Marijuana, up to 40 times the THC concentration vs 40 years ago, cocaine, heroin, crack, meth and let's not forget the large number of pharmaceuticals that are being sold on the black market for people to get high. Do you really want those users on the roads with you and your family?
Is it legal to drive drunk? On painkillers? Otherwise "impaired"? No, it isn't, so I fail to see why it would be allowed with someone on marijuana.

The wider the availability the wider spread the abuse, you only need look at the repeat DUI offenders to know this is true.

Look, get over it. Your argument is nonsense. Prostitution and drug dealing are not legitimate businesses. They are illegitimate. Trying to tell everyone that they are "legitimate" and then using that "legitimacy" to convince people that they should therefore become legal is obtuse nonsense of the highest order. Now, if you have nothing else other than more of the same fucking stupidity I will thank you to complete your surgical sterilization before the end of the week. You're not exactly the most buoyant air bubble in the gene pool and the homo sapiens species would appreciate your voluntary participation in the evolutionary process.

A whole lot of insults. A whole lot of conjecture.

Not a lot of substantive arguments.

The wider the availability the wider spread the abuse, you only need look at the repeat DUI offenders to know this is true.
Bring back public hangings. That'll solve the problem one way or another. Again, I fail to see why, like the anti-gun assholes, people want to punish everyone for the actions of a few idiots.

Bring back public hangings. That'll solve the problem one way or another. Again, I fail to see why, like the anti-gun assholes, people want to punish everyone for the actions of a few idiots.

Tell ya what, when drug users are held totally responsible for their actions, including all the financial and criminal costs and it can be proved they can do so, then we'll talk. Here's an idea let's make all druggies have a 1 million dollar insurance policy enforce like we to people who drive trucks commercially.

Tell ya what, when drug users are held totally responsible for their actions, including all the financial and criminal costs and it can be proved they can do so, then we'll talk. Here's an idea let's make all druggies have a 1 million dollar insurance policy enforce like we to people who drive trucks commercially.
Why do you think they should be treated differently than alcoholics? Smokers?

Anti-gun assholes want to punish all law-abiding gun owners because a few assholes do something stupid. Why do you want to be just like them by punishing all those who use alcohol/drugs responsibly for the actions of those few who are idiots?

Anti-gun assholes want to punish all law-abiding gun owners because a few assholes do something stupid. Why do you want to be just like them by punishing all those who use alcohol/drugs responsibly for the actions of those few who are idiots?

Why do you keep assuming I'm talking about people who do things responsibly? Using illegal drugs is not responsible, it's criminal. Also I have no problem making alcoholics convicted of alcohol related offenses do the same.

Why do you keep assuming I'm talking about people who do things responsibly? Using illegal drugs is not responsible, it's criminal. Also I have no problem making alcoholics convicted of alcohol related offenses do the same.
Obviously you know alcohol was illegal once too, yet people still drank.

Two main thoughts: 1) Prohibition didn't work then and it's not working now for exactly the same reasons: human nature.

2) I don't like the idea of a federal government dictating morality. Period.

Look, get over it. Your argument is nonsense. Prostitution and drug dealing are not legitimate businesses. They are illegitimate. Trying to tell everyone that they are "legitimate" and then using that "legitimacy" to convince people that they should therefore become legal is obtuse nonsense of the highest order. Now, if you have nothing else other than more of the same fucking stupidity I will thank you to complete your surgical sterilization before the end of the week. You're not exactly the most buoyant air bubble in the gene pool and the homo sapiens species would appreciate your voluntary participation in the evolutionary process.

A whole lot of insults. A whole lot of conjecture.

Not a lot of substantive arguments.

Repeating stupidity does not make it any less stupid. Nor does complaining about insults make you any less stupid. Don't want to hear me "insulting" you? Don't be so fucking stupid. You are as good as arguing the color of the blue sky is brown.

Repeating stupidity does not make it any less stupid. Nor does complaining about insults make you any less stupid. Don't want to hear me "insulting" you? Don't be so fucking stupid. You are as good as arguing the color of the blue sky is brown.

Okay mate.

Good talking to you.

Obviously you know alcohol was illegal once too, yet people still drank.

Two main thoughts: 1) Prohibition didn't work then and it's not working now for exactly the same reasons: human nature.

2) I don't like the idea of a federal government dictating morality. Period.

Great, then I'll put you down for supporting public nudity. Or are you in reality a hypocrite?

Great, then I'll put you down for supporting public nudity. Or are you in reality a hypocrite?

Nothing wrong with that.

Although if that were allowed, I predict that the number of people with bodily insecurities would be in the majority, so they would bully others into conforming to their clothist ideology.

Cock flashing would be a thing though, so that's cool...

More strawman. I believe in rules.

You should wait for me to declare my beliefs before you go ahead and assume them. Wouldn't that be a mature adult thing to do?
Agreed on rules, but the rules, and government, should be limited to protecting individual rights from each other, not from themselves. If a person wants to commit suicide, let them. If they want to throw themselves off a building over people, but they survive, charge them with endangering others.

If they want to drug themselves into oblivion, that's their choice. If they want to attack and rob others to feed their alcohol/gambling/drug habit, throw the book at them.

Agreed on rules, but the rules, and government, should be limited to protecting individual rights from each other, not from themselves. If a person wants to commit suicide, let them. If they want to throw themselves off a building over people, but they survive, charge them with endangering others.

Yes, our rules are similar in nature.

Aim to be as self sufficient as possible. Only use violence in defense of the personhood and property of yourself and others. Do not try to impose yourself as an authority over someone else's life.

Stuff like that. I do not believe the government should be attempting to protect people, since the only roles of government are appropriation and control. It is dangerous to give government a paramilitary wing.

What's wrong with public nudity? Even public sex.

Several years ago I read a study comparing the alcoholism rate between the US and France. In France, giving a minor a glass of wine isn't a crime and, at the time, the alcoholism rate was lower. I also read several studies on the Victorian Age and their repressive views of sex. The bottom line is that, like Prohibition, it doesn't work. Human nature is what it is. Better to get it out in the open than repress and ignore it.

Worried about your kids? You should be, that's what good parents do....but give them credit and give yourself some credit too.

Aim to be as self sufficient as possible. Only use violence in defense of the personhood and property of yourself and others. Do not try to impose yourself as an authority over someone else's life.
Agreed 100% on this.

Stuff like that. I do not believe the government should be attempting to protect people, since the only roles of government are appropriation and control. It is dangerous to give government a paramilitary wing.
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Please amplify your thoughts here.

Please amplify your thoughts here.

Governance should never be mixed with force, because in doing so you form a state. That combination also produces a ruling class.

Formal and informal groups should exist on both a large and small scale in order to defend human life and personal property.

Everything else is voluntary interaction, where mankind is responcible for themselves (although family structures are important). That also means they are accountable for pursuing conflict remediation and economic success.

This is an anarchist position.

Nothing wrong with that.

Although if that were allowed, I predict that the number of people with bodily insecurities would be in the majority, so they would bully others into conforming to their clothist ideology.

Cock flashing would be a thing though, so that's cool...

The great thing about the few nudist I know, they really don't give a shit about what others think, they accept themselves and others for who they are, not who they try to project themselves to be. But you'll find that 90+% of the people who claim to be all for individual rights draw the line at public nudity.

What's wrong with public nudity? Even public sex.

Several years ago I read a study comparing the alcoholism rate between the US and France. In France, giving a minor a glass of wine isn't a crime and, at the time, the alcoholism rate was lower. I also read several studies on the Victorian Age and their repressive views of sex. The bottom line is that, like Prohibition, it doesn't work. Human nature is what it is. Better to get it out in the open than repress and ignore it.

Worried about your kids? You should be, that's what good parents do....but give them credit and give yourself some credit too.

Most of the people on this board would disagree, on both sides.

Most of the people on this board would disagree, on both sides.
Agreed....because most people on this forum want to dominate others with their political view.

Dude, is that what you really believe our Founders wanted? To dominate others with a particular view?

Forum List

Back