For the baby boomers here-

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
In 1968 My Jr. High School English class took a field trip to see this movie. While the girls' behavior veered erratically between cool sophistication and giggles, the boys pretended to be bored by it, all the while staring lustfully at the young hottie (Olivia Hussey) who played the role of Juliet on the screen. I always wondered how much of it was true, since old William (who didn't write all of it) played fast and loose with the facts. Surprisingly, much of this story was based on real people.

After all these years, here is her real story...

In 1968 My Jr. High School English class took a field trip to see this movie. While the girls' behavior veered erratically between cool sophistication and giggles, the boys pretended to be bored by it, all the while staring lustfully at the young hottie (Olivia Hussey) who played the role of Juliet on the screen. I always wondered how much of it was true, since old William (who didn't write all of it) played fast and loose with the facts. Surprisingly, much of this story was based on real people.

After all these years, here is her real story...

Shakespeare didn’t let history get in the way of a good story. Read the real history of McBeth and you’ll see Will did him no favors.

Forum List

Back