For those who oppose the new North Carolina "anti-LGBT" law

Let's say a woman walks into the men's locker room of which I am in, for instance. When I look at her, hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary instincts kick in, and based on those instincts, I identify her as a female member of my species. I won't identify her with the gender she identifies with. Not all of them will look like men, they will look in every way like a female.

Do you see what I'm getting at here?

Yesh, you're "getting at" the same ridiculous transphobic strawman that resulted in the staggeringly poorly thought out law in the first place.

Lol. Are you saying I hate transgender people? To answer this presumption, no. The only thing I hate is being labeled.

However, when you think it's okay for an anatomical male who identifies as a female to walk into a locker room full of females, you are disregarding their right to privacy, to not be invaded upon by some guy who thinks he's a chick. I'm sorry he has such a mental condition, but that doesn't give him the right to usurp the constitutional rights of all of those women in the locker room.

Not everyone feels as you do about this issue, nor must they. More often than not, there will be a negative reaction when such an event takes place.

We spent years going through this nonsense with gay Americans, and as a consequence of the ignorance, fear, and bigotry of the social right we’ll be forced to endure this idiocy with transgender Americans.

The right’s fear of change, diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty is indeed the bane of the American Nation.

Thankfully the North Carolina AG has wisely and appropriately decided to not defend this reprehensible law in court.
I look forward to being with your 10 year old daughter alone in the bathroom.....

That's creepy.

Are you saying that you're a pedophile, or that you're transgender?

Let's say a woman walks into the men's locker room of which I am in, for instance. When I look at her, hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary instincts kick in, and based on those instincts, I identify her as a female member of my species. I won't identify her with the gender she identifies with. Not all of them will look like men, they will look in every way like a female.

Yesh, you're "getting at" the same ridiculous transphobic strawman that resulted in the staggeringly poorly thought out law in the first place.

Lol. Are you saying I hate transgender people? To answer this presumption, no. The only thing I hate is being labeled.

However, when you think it's okay for an anatomical male who identifies as a female to walk into a locker room full of females, you are disregarding their right to privacy, to not be invaded upon by some guy who thinks he's a chick. I'm sorry he has such a mental condition, but that doesn't give him the right to usurp the constitutional rights of all of those women in the locker room.

Not everyone feels as you do about this issue, nor must they. More often than not, there will be a negative reaction.

I don't think you "hate" transgender people. I think you're afraid of them because you don't understand them.

I think that if you actually met one, you'd have a better grasp of the situation.

We spent years going through this nonsense with gay Americans, and as a consequence of the ignorance, fear, and bigotry of the social right we’ll be forced to endure this idiocy with transgender Americans.

The right’s fear of change, diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty is indeed the bane of the American Nation.

Thankfully the North Carolina AG has wisely and appropriately decided to not defend this reprehensible law in court.
I look forward to being with your 10 year old daughter alone in the bathroom.....

That's creepy.

Who the fuck are you to say that's creepy? Assholes like you need to get with the times and stop fearing change.

NC clearly passed this law as a political talking point going into the election. Why? It is not an enforceable law. Unless somebody happens to walk around with their birth certificate in their purse or wallet (i.e. nobody) and unless somebody is posted by the door of each bathroom doing a certificate check nobody is going to know what bathroom you "should" or "should not" enter. It's literally something republicans drummed up just to solidify a win the more rural areas of the state.

The funny thing is, every single person in this thread has probably shared a restroom with a transgender person at some point in their life. You just didn't know it.

On the other hand, the strawman of a creepy pervert claiming to identify as a woman to peep at little girls has never actually happened.

Let's say a woman walks into the men's locker room of which I am in, for instance. When I look at her, hundreds of thousands of years of human evolutionary genetics kick in, as a result of that programming, I identify her as a female member of my species. I won't identify her with the gender she identifies with. Not all of them will look like men, they will look in every way like a female.

Nobody is going to believe that your 400 lb. ass has been in a locker room, Twinkie-boy.

Again, this sounds like a big of a hangup you have.

The funny thing is, every single person in this thread has probably shared a restroom with a transgender person at some point in their life. You just didn't know it.

On the other hand, the strawman of a creepy pervert claiming to identify as a woman to peep at little girls has never actually happened.

Ignorant moron.

Police searching for ‘suspicious’ man found in women’s restroom at Lebanon Walmart

Ignorant moron.

Police searching for ‘suspicious’ man found in women’s restroom at Lebanon Walmart

I don't see anything about "transgender" in that link, clown. Wanna try again?

That's creepy.

Who the fuck are you to say that's creepy? Assholes like you need to get with the times and stop fearing change.
lol

Fear of change is rightwing shtick.

I think that if you actually met one, you'd have a better grasp of the situation.

Believe it or not, being a gamer has taught me a tolerance of other people that I probably would have never learned by simply living life in the real world. I am a member of an LGBT friendly guild in Guild Wars 2. I know of at least three transgendered individuals who play regularly in the Guild, so I understand quite well, actually.

This is an obvious perk of being a geek and an avid gamer. All political delineations and sexual preferences are irrelevant. Hell, I even play female characters. We are all friends and guildmates, looking to slay the same enemies.

However, this is a far cry from that. I can't ignore what hundreds of thousands of years of human evolutionary programming tells me. It's wrong for a woman to be in the men's restroom.

Ignorant moron.

I don't see anything about "transgender" in that link, clown. Wanna try again?
Do pervert men need a tattoo on their forehead to walk into a woman's bathroom? Is there some government issued permit to use a woman's bathroom?

You tell us who will get arrested for hanging out in the women's bathroom.

That's creepy.

lol

Fear of change is rightwing shtick.
Yeah, that's why you call a man in a woman's bathroom creepy.

Believe it or not, being a gamer has taught me a tolerance of other people that I probably would have never learned by simply living life in the real world. I am a member of an LGBT friendly guild in Guild Wars 2. I know of at least three transgendered individuals who play regularly in the Guild, so I understand quite well, actually.

This is an obvious perk of being a geek and an avid gamer. All political delineations and sexual preferences are irrelevant. Hell, I even play female characters. We are all friends and guildmates, looking to slay the same enemies.

However, this is a far cry from that. I can't ignore what hundreds of thousands of years of human evolutionary programming tells me. It's wrong for a woman to be in the men's restroom.

"Thousands of years of human evolutionary programming" tells you that it's "wrong"?

You know that gendered bathrooms are a recent and far from universal thing, right?

500 years ago, there was no distinction between men's and ladies rooms.

I think you're afraid of them because you don't understand them.

I'm not "afraid" of them either. It is a matter of human evolution, not of "fear."

If you weren't afraid of them, you wouldn't care.

I have knowingly shared a men's bathroom with a trans man on numerous occasions. It has never bothered me. I have never experienced any of the emotion turmoil that you seem to be so afraid of.

This law is exceptionally cruel as police can require that they expose their genitals. It is nothing more than an attempt to allow open discrimination of a much abused minority. It goes further than restroom policies.

If you weren't afraid of them, you wouldn't care.

I don't. If I did, I wouldn't willingly place myself in their midst. I wouldn't associate with them. I would treat them like an affliction on the human race.

So no, I'm not afraid. You mistake my disagreement with your positions on this matter as "fear."

The only fear I see, is the fear those have of others who hold dissenting opinions on this issue. Namely mine.

"Thousands of years of human evolutionary programming" tells you that it's "wrong"?

No. It tells me that I cannot identify the girl as the man she believes in earnest she is.

Last edited:

It’s very difficult to not come to the conclusion that this sort of reprehensible depravity is not a prerequisite for being conservative – but it would be refreshing for once to have a conservative admonish such reprehensible depravity of his fellow rightist.

You know that gendered bathrooms are a recent and far from universal thing, right?

So? What's wrong with women wanting to be in separate bathing and dressing facilities from men? I'm fully aware the Romans didn't have gendered bathrooms, even longer than 500 years ago, they had "latrines." They even had public bathhouses. I am not ignorant of history.

Forum List

Back