For those who oppose the new North Carolina "anti-LGBT" law

You know that gendered bathrooms are a recent and far from universal thing, right?

So? What's wrong with women wanting to be in separate bathing and dressing facilities from men? I'm fully aware the Romans didn't have gendered bathrooms, even longer than 500 years ago, they had "latrines." They even had public bathhouses. I am not ignorant of history.

My point is that gendered bathrooms is a product of modern American culture, not "human evolution".

If you weren't afraid of them, you wouldn't care.

I don't. If I did, I wouldn't willingly place myself in their midst. I wouldn't associate with them. I would treat them like an affliction on the human race.

So no, I'm not afraid. You mistake my disagreement with your positions on this matter as "fear."

I'm sorry, but this is just a "some of my best friends are gay/black/etc" argument. The fact that you play video games online with trans people doesn't "prove" that you're not afraid of them - and your fixation with hypotheticals about "women walking into men's locker rooms" kinda proves that you are.

The only fear I see, is the fear those have of others who hold dissenting opinions on this issue. Namely mine.

:lol:

And now you're going with the "I know you are but what am I?" argument?

"Thousands of years of human evolutionary programming" tells you that it's "wrong"?

No. It tells me that I cannot identify the girl as the man she believes in earnest she is.

So what?

Why does that bother you so much?

You know that gendered bathrooms are a recent and far from universal thing, right?

So? What's wrong with women wanting to be in separate bathing and dressing facilities from men? I'm fully aware the Romans didn't have gendered bathrooms, even longer than 500 years ago, they had "latrines." They even had public bathhouses. I am not ignorant of history.

My point is that gendered bathrooms is a product of modern American culture, not "human evolution".

And you think that's justification enough for allowing a woman to walk freely into a men's restroom? At any rate, I don't read Slate articles much, but I found a comment on one regarding gendered bathrooms, this is what he wrote:

It would be very unfair and foolish for US Americans to pretend that privacy and safety are of no importance to women here, because they really are. People here are dismissing women's concerns for privacy and safety for themselves and their daughters as paranoia. It is not paranoia. I don't want to tell my daughter to hold it when there is a man lurking around the restroom who makes her nervous.

I'm sorry, but this is just a "some of my best friends are gay/black/etc" argument. The fact that you play video games online with transgenders doesn't "prove" that you're not afraid of them - and your fixation with hypotheticals about "women walking into men's locker rooms" kinda proves that you are.

Think what you like.

And it's not an argument. I've had gay members in my own family. So, I have a unique perspective, whether you think so or not. You don't get to dictate to me what you think I'm "afraid" of. This isn't an episode of Tales of the Crypt, alright?

And these aren't hypotheticals. It's happened, and when I mentioned it, you readily dismissed it.

And you think that's justification enough for allowing a woman to walk freely into a men's restroom? At any rate, I don't read Slate articles much, but I found a comment on one regarding gendered bathrooms, this is what he wrote:

It would be very unfair and foolish for US Americans to pretend that privacy and safety are of no importance to women here, because they really are. People here are dismissing women's concerns for privacy and safety for themselves and their daughters as paranoia. It is not paranoia. I don't want to tell my daughter to hold it when there is a man lurking around the restroom who makes her nervous.

I think the funniest part about these arguments that women generally don't give a shit about transgenders in their bathroom, yet men always try to speak for women when claiming it's about "privacy and safety".

That guy's daughter is in a lot more danger from pedophiles outside the bathroom than trans women in the bathroom.

I'm sorry, but this is just a "some of my best friends are gay/black/etc" argument. The fact that you play video games online with transgenders doesn't "prove" that you're not afraid of them - and your fixation with hypotheticals about "women walking into men's locker rooms" kinda proves that you are.

Think what you like.

And it's not an argument. I've had gay members in my own family. So, I have a unique perspective, whether you think so or not. You don't get to dictate to me what you think I'm "afraid" of. This isn't an episode of Tales of the Crypt, alright?

And these aren't hypotheticals. It's happened, and when I mentioned it, you readily dismissed it.

I'm not "dictating" to you what you're afraid of, I'm pointing out what I see to you. If you don't want to accept it, I can't force you. And having gay people in your family doesn't change anything I've said.

What are you referring to when you say "it's happened"? What "happened"?

That guy's daughter is in a lot more danger from pedophiles outside the bathroom than trans women in the bathroom.

You're failing to understand that pedophiles will most certainly take advantage of laws like Washington's. They can be inside or outside.

You're failing to understand that pedophiles will most certainly take advantage of laws like Washington's. They can be inside or outside.

What makes you so certain of that, other than your imagination (read: fear)?

What are you referring to when you say "it's happened"? What "happened"?

This.

The weird boogeyman of a creepy dude claiming to "identify" as a woman to peep on girls in the bathroom doesn't exist. It's never happened.

So, what if I told you that it has already happened?

Wash. man uses women's bathroom to test transgender ruling

Looks to me like that was some rightwinger trying to troll irl.

Did you not see the link I posted? The one you dismissed as a "right winger trying troll irl?"

Whether that was the case or not, it can be reasoned that he demonstrated how easy it can be.

Did you not see the link I posted? The one you dismissed as a "right winger trying troll irl?"

Whether that was the case or not, it can be reasoned that he demonstrated how easy it can be.

It doesn't seem that "easy" to me - since the guy was caught, and kicked out. If he had tried anything, he'd have gone to prison.

It doesn't seem that "easy" to me - since the guy was caught, and kicked out. If he had tried anything, he'd have gone to prison.

He walked right in there. Seems easy enough to me. Easy as putting one foot on front of the other.

He walked right in there. Seems easy enough to me. Easy as putting one foot on front of the other.

Short of posting armed guards at the doorway to every bathroom in the country, there's no way to prevent anyone from "walking right in there".

Short of posting armed guards at the doorway to every bathroom in the country, there's no way to prevent anyone from "walking right in there".
My point precisely. If some pervert who is knowledgeable of the transgender laws walks in there he can walk right into a bathroom and prey on a child, or take advantage of a woman and rape her. That may seem like hypotheticals to you, but the danger is real.

Last edited:

My point precisely.

You'll have to explain that one to me, since I can't possibly see how that makes your point for you.

This is what you're fighting for.

Man-in-Womans-Locerroom-YouTube-Screencap-640x432.png

Own it. I cannot honestly believe you would want something like this to happen.

Wtf are you talking about here?

Got a link or anything?
Just a vivid imagination and a point to make.

My point precisely.

You'll have to explain that one to me, since I can't possibly see how that makes your point for you.

If it's easy for someone to walk into the wrong bathroom on purpose, imagine how easy a law like the state of Washington would would make it. It enables them.

So how would you ensure that something like that never happens?

My point.

Forum List

Back