For want of a blanket and a bar of soap.

I believe you're more willing to mete out harsher justice for the infraction of immigrating to America without paperwork than for any other crime anywhere.

One cannot help but think racism isn't a catalyst for this hatred.

Insults are not logic.

Let's try this again and see if you can reason your way out of this. These people broke into our nation illegally. We still offered them accommodation. What obligation do we have to offer them MORE accommodation? What are the ramifications if we do?

Put your REASONABLE answers here. PS, insults and crying just prove that you don't have reasonable answers:
Kitten, when I insult you, you'll know it.

"More accommodation" includes decent safe and sanitary detention facilities condition. I might add not taking children from parents.

You can NEVER convince me, or any human with a soul, that being mean is wise.

Okay. Then we should let all the criminals out of all the prisons. Because "prison is mean".

BTW, this is how my very youngest students argue. "Prison is mean. We shouldn't have prisons."

It's incredibly simple thinking, the kind very young children employ. Thing is, with young children, you can say, "Yes, prison seems mean. But the people in prison have done very mean things to other people that makes them dangerous."

Then they say ooooohh and change their mind. Adults who are simple-minded, like you, just dig in and insist they are right. It's a sad state of affairs but, here we are.
it's a misdemeanor, a non violent crime, not a felony... and we do not keep the masses locked up in jail for non felony crime, we do not take people's kids from them and lock them up in unsanitary conditions, for misdemeanors allegedly committed by their parents.... until this administration.

it's a misdemeanor, a non violent crime, not a felony

You're right, we should change that.
2nd conviction not a misdemeanor anymore ............OOPS....

:abgg2q.jpg:

it's a misdemeanor, a non violent crime, not a felony... and we do not keep the masses locked up in jail for non felony crime, we do not take people's kids from them and lock them up in unsanitary conditions, for misdemeanors allegedly committed by their parents.... until this administration.

How do you know that the kids' parents are actually their parents? You don't until they are vetted and given the huge numbers surging our border are you willing to take in those people into YOUR house, feed, clothe them give them towels, baths and soap while they wait?

They are doing DNA checks for verification and a very large number are caught LYING ...........OOPS

Insults are not logic.

Let's try this again and see if you can reason your way out of this. These people broke into our nation illegally. We still offered them accommodation. What obligation do we have to offer them MORE accommodation? What are the ramifications if we do?

Put your REASONABLE answers here. PS, insults and crying just prove that you don't have reasonable answers:

"More accommodation" includes decent safe and sanitary detention facilities condition. I might add not taking children from parents.

Okay. Then we should let all the criminals out of all the prisons. Because "prison is mean".

BTW, this is how my very youngest students argue. "Prison is mean. We shouldn't have prisons."

It's incredibly simple thinking, the kind very young children employ. Thing is, with young children, you can say, "Yes, prison seems mean. But the people in prison have done very mean things to other people that makes them dangerous."

Then they say ooooohh and change their mind. Adults who are simple-minded, like you, just dig in and insist they are right. It's a sad state of affairs but, here we are.

that's right, 2nd entry, after their first one that gave them a court decision denying them and deporting them.... if they come back and are caught, it is a FELONY.

that's right, 2nd entry, after their first one that gave them a court decision denying them and deporting them.... if they come back and are caught, it is a FELONY.
Most coming in are repeat offenders.........glad we cleared that up.

Most of these refugee seekers are repeat offenders??? I find that very hard to believe...? Or are you talking about illegal Mexicans that cross, are repeat offenders?

Insults are not logic.

Let's make the first one a felony.

Wouldn't that lead to an expanding prison population? We got the record. We're Number One! How many more prisoners will you consign to public, or worse, private prison companies. Where's the oversight? These prisons are operating in our name and by our dollars.

Most of these refugee seekers are repeat offenders??? I find that very hard to believe...? Or are you talking about illegal Mexicans that cross, are repeat offenders?

How do you know they are legitimate asylum seekers? We have seen these folks with scripts given to them by immigration lawyers and all they do is parrot what they are told to say. Asylum lets them circumvent the typical immigration laws.

Wouldn't that lead to an expanding prison population? We got the record. We're Number One! How many more prisoners will you consign to public, or worse, private prison companies. Where's the oversight? These prisons are operating in our name and by our dollars.

Wouldn't that lead to an expanding prison population?

Yup. But when the people back home hear that crossing illegally gets you tossed in jail, the flow is reduced.

How many more prisoners will you consign to public, or worse, private prison companies.

How many jailed illegals will it take to get the message out?

Yup. But when the people back home hear that crossing illegally gets you tossed in jail, the flow is reduced.

How many more prisoners will you consign to public, or worse, private prison companies.

Sounds familiar.

Wassup with that War on Drugs deal?.

Sounds familiar.

Sounds familiar.

And it might actually work.

Sounds familiar.

Sounds familiar.

When was the he last time we tried to imprison our way out of a problem.,

/——/ We hate illegal immigrants but you libs can’t understand the difference.
I believe you're more willing to mete out harsher justice for the infraction of immigrating to America without paperwork than for any other crime anywhere.

Insults are not logic.

That does not mean we should let them free in our nation either, for free health care, food and education.

/——/ We hate illegal immigrants but you libs can’t understand the difference.

Insults are not logic.

And you are.a binary thinker. You're with us or you're against us. My way or, well you get it.

How did you filter through my posts saying close down the prisons and release all the prisoners. I will not stoop so low as to call fellow human beings 'animals".

And surely prisons are mean. Convicted criminals belong in prisons. But never children.

Why are the only options you see are either close down the prisons (which is unreasonable and impractical as well as an item not on the agenda OR maintaining substandard, unsafe and unsanitary conditions as a matter of practice?

What is the virtue of maintaining these conditions? Why is it good? Answer honestly. Don't keep putting words in my mouth.

Do you know what a "strawman" is? You build them and burn them down. I never called any immigrants "animals". You are illogical and irrational because all you do is build strawmen and burn them down. I can't even GET to an honest argument with you---it's beyond frustrating. Every argument you make is a 13 year old temper tantrum.

I'm going to state my logical argument AGAIN. Try to respond without emotional wailing, if you dare:

1. Why do we owe people who broke into our nation illegally the privilege of staying in our nation

2. Why is this a "Christian" argument when Jesus' miracles and healings were never forcibly taken from Him, but were freely given

This is your last chance. IF you cannot answer without strawmanning my position, I'm done with you--and it's not because I have lost, it's because you cannot answer honestly. Here is a definition of a strawman argument:

Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.

Strawman Fallacy

Insults are not logic.

And you are.a binary thinker. You're with us or you're against us. My way or, well you get it.

How did you filter through my posts saying close down the prisons and release all the prisoners. I will not stoop so low as to call fellow human beings 'animals".

And surely prisons are mean. Convicted criminals belong in prisons. But never children.

Why are the only options you see are either close down the prisons (which is unreasonable and impractical as well as an item not on the agenda OR maintaining substandard, unsafe and unsanitary conditions as a matter of practice?

What is the virtue of maintaining these conditions? Why is it good? Answer honestly. Don't keep putting words in my mouth.

Do you know what a "strawman" is? You build them and burn them down. I never called any immigrants "animals". You are illogical and irrational because all you do is build strawmen and burn them down. I can't even GET to an honest argument with you---it's beyond frustrating. Every argument you make is a 13 year old temper tantrum.

I'm going to state my logical argument AGAIN. Try to respond without emotional wailing, if you dare:

1. Why do we owe people who broke into our nation illegally the privilege of staying in our nation

2. Why is this a "Christian" argument when Jesus' miracles and healings were never forcibly taken from Him, but were freely given

This is your last chance. IF you cannot answer without strawmanning my position, I'm done with you--and it's not because I have lost, it's because you cannot answer honestly. Here is a definition of a strawman argument:

Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.

Strawman Fallacy
/——/ Well said. He/she/they never can articulate an argument. All they have is emotions. Orange man bad.

Plenty of examples of them coming here many times.

Sounds familiar.

Sounds familiar.

When was the he last time we tried to imprison our way out of a problem.,

When was the last time we had so many illegals streaming over the border?
Catch and release sure isn't working.

Plenty of examples of them coming here many times.
No, eagle... I believe you are meshing two groups of people together that do not belong together.

1-Mexicans crossing the border illegally

2- Asylum Seekers from Central America

Group 1: Yes, there is plenty of evidence that Mexicans have crossed the border, illegally, multiple times.... I do not know how many of them or what the percentage is of them, that have done so, but I do know that I have read plenty of stories about such.

Group 2: The minute, the nano second these asylum seekers get across our border and apply for asylum/Refugee status.... Their names are then known by Border Patrol, they check the system to see if they have applied and been denied by a Court previously for asylum....

And if these Central Americans HAVE APPLIED, AND BEEN DENIED refugee status previously in a court of law, then IMMEDIATELY these people...(including their families) are deported right there on the spot.... (it could take a few days to process that)

This what I have read on it.

Insults are not logic.

That does not mean we should let them free in our nation either, for free health care, food and education.
Well, then the Trump administration better think of something to do quickly.... I've made many suggestions thae past year on it...

-Staff the Immigration courts from here to high heaven with judges to hear their asylum seeker cases so that the wait is 1 to 3 weeks instead of 6 months to a year wait to hear the case.

-STOP separating and taking the children away from their relatives, like Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents as the Trump administration has chosen to do

-get people working on putting the children they have with family members already here, instead of caging them, and the facilities getting $780 A DAY for EACH Child the Trump admin is holding in custody.... paid to private companies who can't even provide a bed to sleep in or a bar of soap or a toothbrush... so much money is being wasted for weeks and weeks at a time, before they finally do place the children with family members that are here, or with places like the Catholic Charities or Jewish Charities who have Foster parents ready to take them in

-staff the border crossing, so that they can seek asylum thru the normal means of crossing the border, instead of lowering your staff at the crossing points and refusing to allow but a couple to pass thru each day legally and forcing them after waiting months to cross LEGALLY thru the border crossing, to stop border patrol guards from being overwhelmed outside of border crossing points with all of those tired of waiting and illegally crossing....

-DIPLOMACY with those south American countries that all of these people are fleeing from, figure out what is going on for the mass exodus, and try to work with them, one on one, down there, to fix it

-Give them the foreign aid back we were giving them instead of killing it, just monitor them and work with them closer.... basically, the State Dept needs to get off their asses and DO THEIR JOBS.

-And finally, make an investment in electronic ankle bracelets for the adults, and the people to monitor them, for those asylum seekers left, so that they do not skip their court hearing date.... when they are let go in to our society because there is no room and they have not had their immigration court hearing yet.

-Trump needs to stop tweeting about closing the border.... this has been increasing the numbers seeking asylum because they are rushing to get here before Trump's threat comes true.

Maybe all of those won't work, but some will ease the back ups and make it better, and less costly, for all of us.

Insults are not logic.

Well, then the Trump administration better think of something to do quickly.... I've made many suggestions thae past year on it...

-Staff the Immigration courts from here to high heaven with judges to hear their asylum seeker cases so that the wait is 1 to 3 weeks instead of 6 months to a year wait to hear the case.

-STOP separating and taking the children away from their relatives, like Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents as the Trump administration has chosen to do

-get people working on putting the children they have with family members already here, instead of caging them, and the facilities getting $780 A DAY for EACH Child the Trump admin is holding in custody.... paid to private companies who can't even provide a bed to sleep in or a bar of soap or a toothbrush... so much money is being wasted for weeks and weeks at a time, before they finally do place the children with family members that are here, or with places like the Catholic Charities or Jewish Charities who have Foster parents ready to take them in

-staff the border crossing, so that they can seek asylum thru the normal means of crossing the border, instead of lowering your staff at the crossing points and refusing to allow but a couple to pass thru each day legally and forcing them after waiting months to cross LEGALLY thru the border crossing, to stop border patrol guards from being overwhelmed outside of border crossing points with all of those tired of waiting and illegally crossing....

-DIPLOMACY with those south American countries that all of these people are fleeing from, figure out what is going on for the mass exodus, and try to work with them, one on one, down there, to fix it

-Give them the foreign aid back we were giving them instead of killing it, just monitor them and work with them closer.... basically, the State Dept needs to get off their asses and DO THEIR JOBS.

-And finally, make an investment in electronic ankle bracelets for the adults, and the people to monitor them, for those asylum seekers left, so that they do not skip their court hearing date.... when they are let go in to our society because there is no room and they have not had their immigration court hearing yet.

-Trump needs to stop tweeting about closing the border.... this has been increasing the numbers seeking asylum because they are rushing to get here before Trump's threat comes true.

Maybe all of those won't work, but some will ease the back ups and make it better, and less costly, for all of us.

Only if the ankle bracelets electrocute you when you try to remove it.

Forum List

Back