US Senate to hold vote on protecting birth control in effective dare to GOP

I think I see the problem..

At first I was like what does it mean to “engage in contraception” until I read what they call contraception.

Looks like the dems are trying to sneak one around on us. This bill would, by a literal interpretation, legalize abortion. They would say “contraception is the prevention of a pregnancy”

How would they do it?

Word play? “Stopping a pregnancy” would be “preventing a pregnancy”?
Are you saying you are ok with contraception up to abortion ?

The article suggests that the bill might struggle to pass but I am pusszel by this.
I would expect it to pass and be backed up by big adverts educating youngsters.
After all this benefits both parties to the transaction..
Or is it really an extension to the evil abortion denial.
If girls dont want to have babies this protects from that. Less abortion and less unwanted infants. And Mary Lou can go to college and live her best life. Everyones a winner.
What is the idiot britt braying about. ?

Republicans refused to vote for the bill saying it's "unnecessary" and the Democrats are just trying to "frighten women" into voting for them by saying Republicans will ban birth control.

Republicans will NOT be promoting birth control to "youngsters" because that's promoting "immorality". Republicans are opposed to birth control because it leads to "immoral behaviour" and increases abortions. Birth Control gives women license to be promiscuous.

That was a lot of words to say we just dont like it. The SC argument against abortion is laughable.People had sex in those days and they also had a primitive form of abortiom. So because the right have been dishonest about abortion they have little credibility when they claim that birth control is safe with them.

Remember most of the supreme court said Roe was "settled law" in order to get the job and then it wasnt.

The idea that 8 unelected wierdos can deprive the rest of the country of the best possible entertainment is ludicrous. The GOF should back it because it is the right thing to do. I just dont see the down side here.
If you want abortion to be a Constitutional right, then it needs to be in the Constitution. The Court looked at it, could not find abortion in the Constitution, and rightfully gave it back to the states to determine how they wanted to handle the subject. All you need now is a Constitutional amendment to be passed, making abortion a Constitutional right.

Republicans refused to vote for the bill saying it's "unnecessary" and the Democrats are just trying to "frighten women" into voting for them by saying Republicans will ban birth control.
They are not wrong. Democrats politicize everything they can and try to scare voters on every subject. "Push Granny off a cliff" comes to mind, along with their regular as sunrise fearmongering that Republicans are out to take away all the benefits seniors have.

Republicans will NOT be promoting birth control to "youngsters" because that's promoting "immorality". Republicans are opposed to birth control because it leads to "immoral behaviour" and increases abortions. Birth Control gives women license to be promiscuous.

It's not the government's job to promote birth control.

You cannot rely on republicans to be honest. Roe was "settled law" before it wasnt.
The only hope people have is that this affects men as well.

They are not wrong. Democrats politicize everything they can and try to scare voters on every subject. "Push Granny off a cliff" comes to mind, along with their regular as sunrise fearmongering that Republicans are out to take away all the benefits seniors have.

It's not the government's job to promote birth control.
This is the height of madness. It is exactly the govts job. 100%. This illustrates the nutty extremist behaviour of the insane right.
A combo of no abortion and no contraception is just insanity.. I am laughing at you backward fucks.

This is the height of madness. It is exactly the govts job. 100%. This illustrates the nutty extremist behaviour of the insane right.
A combo of no abortion and no contraception is just insanity.. I am laughing at you backward fucks.
And we watch your culture disappear because you have fewer babies while immigrants have many. It's up to parents to get their kids on contraception, not the government. I do believe your FIRST reaction is to turn to government for a solution, not yourself.

And we watch your culture disappear because you have fewer babies while immigrants have many. It's up to parents to get their kids on contraception, not the government. I do believe your FIRST reaction is to turn to government for a solution, not yourself.
Thats what it is all about for you fanatics. Forse people to have more babies. You are just shit.

I would want my Reps to vote against it. It should be up to the insurance company and the individual or company who has the policy written whether or not it’s available.

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
Thats what it is all about for you fanatics. Forse people to have more babies. You are just shit.
The last I checked, a man and a woman have to perform certain actions to make that happen, and I'm not involved in those actions, but here we are...with you insisting I need to get involved where I don't want to be. I have no desire to tell a woman and a man they have to perform the actions that lead to babies.

The article suggests that the bill might struggle to pass but I am pusszel by this.
I would expect it to pass and be backed up by big adverts educating youngsters.
After all this benefits both parties to the transaction..
Or is it really an extension to the evil abortion denial.
If girls dont want to have babies this protects from that. Less abortion and less unwanted infants. And Mary Lou can go to college and live her best life. Everyones a winner.
What is the idiot britt braying about. ?
unfortunately, Cole of OK is running the House show, and he doesn't want the gop to commit seppuku
https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/06/10/congress/abortion-poison-pill-out-00162586

I’m saying I see why they wouldn’t pass the bill. It’s an end round the abortion issue. It’s a way to legalize abortion by going around the Supreme Court.
The Christian Taliban's Mullahs are worse than Iran's and Saudi Arabia's combined.

Falwell was bad.

Almost every former student from Liberty U was deficient in cognitive competence when it came to comprehension and objectivity.,

Forum List

Back