Ford's new car will force you to obey the speed limit

One of these days someone is gonna get badly injured in a crash caused by a speeder and sue the auto companies for building cars DESIGNED to break the law. Then the industry will have to change. I can't understand why this hasn't happened yet. I suspect people have threatened to sue and the company gave them a huge settlement to shut up.

You mean cars can break the speed limit without the driver pushing on the gas pedal?

Yeah. Never going to get a Ford. Plenty of car manufacturers that just build more user friendly vehicles with more features, than Ford can come up with.

What "user friendly" features does a GM have that a Ford doesn't have?

Since the system can be deactivated by pushing a button on the console, I don't see it as much of a restriction. Might be handy for those speed trap areas.

One of these days someone is gonna get badly injured in a crash caused by a speeder and sue the auto companies for building cars DESIGNED to break the law. Then the industry will have to change. I can't understand why this hasn't happened yet. I suspect people have threatened to sue and the company gave them a huge settlement to shut up.

Horseshit. The driver of the car has control over the speed and the biggest gauge on the dash is the speedometer. You are responsible for how fast you drive.

I love that you ridicule liberals for their lack of personal responsibility, and then try to remove the personal responsibility for deliberate actions.

Since the system can be deactivated by pushing a button on the console, I don't see it as much of a restriction. Might be handy for those speed trap areas.

HAHAHA. The deactivation button won't last. What part of the moon do you live on?

Horseshit. The driver of the car has control over the speed and the biggest gauge on the dash is the speedometer. You are responsible for how fast you drive.

That's not how the law looks at things. When a product has a feature that encourages the user to break the law and injure others, the company is in legal trouble. At least that's how it usually works. For some reason the auto industry is allowed to sell cars that do twice the speed limit. THINK

That's not how the law looks at things. When a product has a feature that encourages the user to break the law and injure others, the company is in legal trouble. At least that's how it usually works. For some reason the auto industry is allowed to sell cars that do twice the speed limit. THINK

Absolute nonsense. There is not one feature on a car that encourages anyone to exceed the speed limit. Not one. And, as I said, the largest gauge on the dash is the speedometer. Personal responsibility is a wonderful thing. Expecting someone else to be responsible for your actions is simply wrong.

Driving too slow probably causes as many or more accidents than driving too fast. But not paying close enough attention makes the driver unsafe at any speed and these are probably the most dangerous of them all.

Having bought a car it belongs to me and I'll reconfigure it any way I please. The same is true of gas. If I want to drive a vehicle that gets 2gal/mi it is none of your business.

Forum List

Back