Forget Swing States, Trump is going to Lose Red States Also

The shame about this election is that it was so winnable for the Republicans.

So true

But was it?

The dynamics the propelled Obama to victory in 2012 are still there.

yes, but historically after two terms, the white house generally changes party. it might not have been a gimme, but it was certainly a high probability. and i think if kasich or rubio were the candidate they'd have won. but then again, i thought jon huntsman could have won when he ran in 2012. the "base" rejected him because he was appointed ambassador to china by obama. i bet utah is wishing he had won.
The next Republican president hasn't been born yet

i don't know that i agree with that. maybe the crazy will burn itself out after this and the loons will find their own party. on the other hand, they could go the way of the whigs.

That is because you are partisan. With all the ammo Trump has provided, with his alienating every minority group and with his temper tantrums Clinton should be way ahead. However she only has a modest lead. Trump is a moron so he won't turn it around, but Clinton is such a corrupt and bad candidate she can run away with it.

During the primaries Rubio and Kasich both polled closed to a 10 pt lead over Clinton. Even Cruz polled a lead over Clinton. Trump was the only one that polled behind her.

If we had Rubio or Kasich we would be winning, but to many people were conned by Trump

But was it?

yes, but historically after two terms, the white house generally changes party. it might not have been a gimme, but it was certainly a high probability. and i think if kasich or rubio were the candidate they'd have won. but then again, i thought jon huntsman could have won when he ran in 2012. the "base" rejected him because he was appointed ambassador to china by obama. i bet utah is wishing he had won.

i don't know that i agree with that. maybe the crazy will burn itself out after this and the loons will find their own party. on the other hand, they could go the way of the whigs.

That is because you are partisan. With all the ammo Trump has provided, with his alienating every minority group and with his temper tantrums Clinton should be way ahead. However she only has a modest lead. Trump is a moron so he won't turn it around, but Clinton is such a corrupt and bad candidate she can run away with it.

During the primaries Rubio and Kasich both polled closed to a 10 pt lead over Clinton. Even Cruz polled a lead over Clinton. Trump was the only one that polled behind her.

If we had Rubio or Kasich we would be winning, but to many people were conned by Trump

how am i partisan? :cuckoo:

i said rubio or kasich would have won. so what are you blathering about?

seems like you're the one so absurdly partisan that you don't even know when someone agrees with you.

But no one has consistently polled higher than Clinton. It's the trend that counts, not occasional snapshots.

But was it?

seems like you're the one so absurdly partisan that you don't even know when someone agrees with you.

I stand corrected, my apologies.

But no one has consistently polled higher than Clinton. It's the trend that counts, not occasional snapshots.

Not true at all. During the primaries Kasich and Rubio consistently polled higher that Clibton especially in key battle ground states of FL & OH. In some polls Kasich had 12 points on her. It was Kasich'a entire pitch. Every poll had him ahead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Kasich vs. Clinton

Rubio also lead in every poll.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Rubio vs. Clinton

And keep in mind this was before Clinton dropped like a fly in favorability with all the scandals.

However Clinton consistently trounced Trump and that continues today!

It is a damn shame this POS is representing us.

Chance of winning and Electoral map as of this morning based on state polling averages from all state polling from the experts over at 538:
Trump is in deep trouble at this point. Only 5 states are solid red.
tumblr_obvh4rDiWP1r53ehbo1_1280.jpg

Chance of winning and Electoral map as of this morning based on state polling averages from all state polling from the experts over at 538:

Pathetic Chump is losing solid red states like GA and AZ, having to spend money and waste resources to win solid red UT, NC, MS & SC, he is not even competitive in swings that traditionally the GOP has always been a player in: VA, CO & NV and he is losing every swing state: FL, OH, PA, MI, IA & NH.

He came late to the game in raising money, he has a extremely disorganized and underfunded campaign. Even the successful businessman persona has been filled with holes and his campaign is too organized to combat it.

Pathetic Chump is losing solid red states like GA and AZ, having to spend money and waste resources to win solid red UT, NC, MS & SC, he is not even competitive in swings that traditionally the GOP has always been a player in: VA, CO & NV and he is losing every swing state: FL, OH, PA, MI, IA & NH.

He came late to the game in raising money, he has a extremely disorganized and underfunded campaign. Even the successful businessman persona has been filled with holes and his campaign is too organized to combat it.
now he is spending money and making appearances in connecticut

I stand corrected, my apologies.

accepted. you can't have knee jerk responses like that, kiddo

now he is spending money and making appearances in connecticut

Where did you get that from? CT is a lost cause.

Sometimes it's fun to go back and see how well the predictions went. It's the same ones they are making today.

Forum List

Back