Former FBI boss warns prosecutor might see Trump search warrant tossed out entirely

He’s done it before.

So are you saying that Trump did not follow the required procedure for a president to reclassify documents?

There is no required procedure. The president has full power over classification. If he used that power inappropriately, impeach him. Again.

He did not. In fact he had his lawyer sign a fraudulent letter that was obviously "in error"

Post that link. That would have made headlines if true so....
Look for me to post it this evening.

I fully expect another "that don't count!" But may be you'll surprise me.

So are you saying that Trump did not follow the required procedure for a president to reclassify documents?

There is no required procedure. The president has full power over classification. If he used that power inappropriately, impeach him. Again.
I’m saying that Trump lies on social media and have proof of it.

Let me know when Trump says it was declassified before the court. Otherwise it’s just hearsay.

He claimed to have declassified docs on twitter.

His Chief of Staff had. To scramble to claim it wasn’t real

I'll wager that the warrant will be tossed. Name your stakes and any conditions you have other than the warrant will be tossed or not tossed.
I agree. Let's face it, the warrant is a smoke screen anyway, nothing more than that. It's a diversion away from "the other guy" during the lead-up to the Big Game. After that, there'll be no need to pursue it. And it goes without saying that a quick verdict before the Big Game is also unwanted.

Hearsay is an out of court statement used to prove the truth of a matter.
Right
Social media is out of court. You are attempting to use Trump’s statement out of court to prove the truth that the files were declassified.
Wrong. His statement proves that he SAID they were declassified. You have to combine that with the USSC ruling that the president has sole authority over classification to see the proof that they then WERE declassified.

Right

Wrong. His statement proves that he SAID they were declassified. You have to combine that with the USSC ruling that the president has sole authority over classification to see the proof that they then WERE declassified.
So why weren’t the docs Trump”declassified “ on twitter actually declassified?

Right

His statement was made out of court. It is hearsay. Not admissible in court.

In other words, it is irrelevant what he said on social media. If he wants to testify or otherwise swear it before a judge, that’s different. For now, he is apparently reluctant to do so.

I’m saying that Trump lies on social media and have proof of it.

Let me know when Trump says it was declassified before the court. Otherwise it’s just hearsay.
haha you clearly don't know what hearsay is.

In other words, it is irrelevant what he said on social media. If he wants to testify or otherwise swear it before a judge, that’s different. For now, he is apparently reluctant to do so.
hahaha...that's not hearsay. What Trump says is admissible in Court, if he's party to the case.

He's not before the Court....he's not been called to testify on anything....so not sure how you can say he's reluctant to do so

Statements made out of Court aren't hearsay. Statements made by others, in Court, offered for the truth of the matter asserted is hearsay. If Trump were a defendant in a case, anything he says is admissable.

Statements made out of Court aren't hearsay. Statements made by others, in Court, offered for the truth of the matter asserted is hearsay. If Trump were a defendant in a case, anything he says is admissable.
Not according to the definition.
(c) Hearsay. “Hearsay” means a statement that:

(1) the declarant does not make while testifying at the current trial or hearing; and

(2)
a party offers in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted in the statement.

See (1). If the statement is not testimony, then it’s hearsay. Saying shit on social media is not testimony.

Forum List

Back