Former FBI boss warns prosecutor might see Trump search warrant tossed out entirely

Indeed, the warrant violated the Fourth Amendment. And so much more is wrong here as well.

The FBI warrant to search former President Trump's home in Mar-a-Lago may be thrown out entirely in court, according to former FBI boss Kevin Brock.
"I think the government would be concerned as well, because there's concern that the the search warrant itself was overly broad from the get-go," Kevin Brock said on "Just the News, Not Noise" Tuesday evening. "Because the scope that they were looking for was every single document generated during the Trump administration — that just seems too inexcusably overbroad. Now there's indications that they (the FBI) collected much more than they were authorized to collect."
Brock said that he believes that the search warrant could be suppressed entirely.
"If I'm a prosecutor, I am concerned going forward that this search warrant could be suppressed and for those types of reasons, and they would lose access to anything that was collected throughout the search as a fruit of the poisonous tree," Brock continued. "So I think that's got to be in the back of their minds."
Brock also criticized how the FBI raided Trump's home and how usually when the FBI does investigations, they try to take the least intrusive route possible at first.
"You go into a home, you set up a system where those things that you seize are assiduously documented," said Brock, explaining how FBI searches typically work. "They're given a specific tracking number, a barcode and each piece is gone through meticulously before you leave the premises to make sure that it's within the scope of the document."
"And that's only part one," he continued. "Part two is the warrant is not to be overly broad as to what parts of the residence can be searched. You can only search those things where it's reasonably expected you would find the type of evidence that you are looking for."

How the fuck could that warrant violate the 4th when it was legally obtained from a Trump acolyte bitch judge? Not to mention he had property that wasn't his to keep!

Hahahahaha! Why? Is Trump unavailable or does he just want everyone else to do his dirty work?

Trump has a habit of getting people locked up on his behalf.

But I do hope Kash Patel testifies. In this matter and the matter of how his text messages can’t be found.
Hypothetically, if Trump did testify that he declassified the documents, what would the government’s rebuttal evidence be?

How will they prove that negative?

Hypothetically, if Trump did testify that he declassified the documents, what would the government’s rebuttal evidence be?

He told no one. He acted as if they were classified throughout. These are highly classified documents that have no purpose being declassified and would cause considerable harm to the nation if they were. He only said they were declassified when he got into trouble. It’s clearly a ploy to save his own hide.

The jury would be right to consider his testimony as highly suspect.

And it may not even matter

He told no one. He acted as if they were classified throughout. These are highly classified documents that have no purpose being declassified and would cause considerable harm to the nation if they were. He only said they were declassified when he got into trouble. It’s clearly a ploy to save his own hide.

The jury would be right to consider his testimony as highly suspect.

And it may not even matter
So it will be the “it doesn’t make sense” argument rather than any direct or indirect evidence that he never declassified them?

Not saying that “doesn’t make sense could never be a valid argument. It could. But it this case, it would have made even less sense for him to remove those documents from the Oval Office to his residence and later to Mar-a-Lago and NOT declassify them while he had had the power to do so.

Complete this sentence: Trump did not declassify those documents when he sent them to Mar-a-Lago because ____________ .

And this one: The GSA took classified documents to Mar-a-Lago even though they had no reason to think Trump had declassified them because ______________ .

I agree. Let's face it, the warrant is a smoke screen anyway, nothing more than that. It's a diversion away from "the other guy" during the lead-up to the Big Game. After that, there'll be no need to pursue it. And it goes without saying that a quick verdict before the Big Game is also unwanted.

They'll pursue it right up to the point Trump announces he's not going to run for President again IF that's what he decides. They may layoff for a while after the midterms, but will start back up again about a year before the presidential election.

So it will be the “it doesn’t make sense” argument rather than any direct or indirect evidence that he never declassified them?

Not saying that “doesn’t make sense could never be a valid argument. It could. But it this case, it would have made even less sense for him to remove those documents from the Oval Office to his residence and later to Mar-a-Lago and NOT declassify them while he had had the power to do so.

Complete this sentence: Trump did not declassify those documents when he sent them to Mar-a-Lago because ____________ .

And this one: The GSA took classified documents to Mar-a-Lago even though they had no reason to think Trump had declassified them because ______________ .
I'm not privy to what the DoJ knows and it may not even matter.

But you have to admit that it doesn't really make sense and it's far too convenient.

It makes no sense that Trump can or did declassify documents without telling anyone. The fact that he kept them secret indicates that they weren't really declassified as declassified information is no longer secret. Trump himself was acting consistent with the belief they were not declassified.

Trump did not declassify those documents when he sent them to Mar-a-Lago because they contained highly sensitive information that would result in harm to the nation if they were made public.

I'm not privy to what the DoJ knows and it may not even matter.

But you have to admit that it doesn't really make sense and it's far too convenient.

It makes no sense that Trump can or did declassify documents without telling anyone. The fact that he kept them secret indicates that they weren't really declassified as declassified information is no longer secret. Trump himself was acting consistent with the belief they were not declassified.
“Declassified” does not mean “not sensitive.” I have lists of students on My desk that I cover with a piece of paper that says “confidential.” They are confidential student records, but they are not classified. So a picture of that cover sheet and others spread on my office floor would not be evidence of me committing espionage. I wish they were classified, but I’m not the president, so I cannot classify or declassify things.

Trump could.

I’ll concede this, so as not to be like a leftie who never concedes a point no matter how small. If someone was on trial for a crime, and the evidence against him hinged on Trump claiming to have declassified documents, then that would not be enough evidence to convict. But in the real case, the burden is not on Trump to prove anything to anyone except his voters. They will believe him, which is why the DNC/DOJ/FBI is so desperate to stop him.

You know: “We’ll stop him.”

Trump did not declassify those documents when he sent them to Mar-a-Lago because they contained highly sensitive information that would result in harm to the nation if they were made public.
Read above and then explain why the GSA shipped classified documents to an unsecure location.

“Declassified” does not mean “not sensitive.” I have lists of students on My desk that I cover with a piece of paper that says “confidential.” They are confidential student records, but they are not classified. So a picture of that cover sheet and others spread on my office floor would not be evidence of me committing espionage. I wish they were classified, but I’m not the president, so I cannot classify or declassify things.

Trump could.

I’ll concede this, so as not to be like a leftie who never concedes a point no matter how small. If someone was on trial for a crime, and the evidence against him hinged on Trump claiming to have declassified documents, then that would not be enough evidence to convict. But in the real case, the burden is not on Trump to prove anything to anyone except his voters. They will believe him, which is why the DNC/DOJ/FBI is so desperate to stop him.

You know: “We’ll stop him.”

Read above and then explain why the GSA shipped classified documents to an unsecure location.
You're making a lot of assumptions.

First, confidential is the first level of classification in the federal government. Declassified information becomes public unless otherwise prohibited. So there's two problems. The first, is that it's not rational to think there would be legal prohibitions to disseminating every one of those documents. Second, the other laws that prohibit dissemination of information outside of the typical classification system would also prohibit that information from winding up in Trump's closet. You have a confidential list of students because they're your students. You have access to them because you need access to them to teach. If you were fired from your job, the regulations that keep those records confidential also would prohibit you from retaining that information.

I doubt any case will hinge on whether they're declassified or not and I doubt this will be an undecided issue before it ever reaches a trial. Trump can only evade it for so long.

If you have any legitimate source about what the GSA did or didn't do, I welcome it. Everything I've seen is anonymous sources from disreputable media.

Documents are classified until proven otherwise. Like a gun is loaded until proven otherwise. When Trump actually claims they’re declassified, then we can talk. He hasn’t done so yet.

Yes he has. His declassification process was that anything that leaves the oval office is automatically declassified.

Not at all. Hillary had classified information on her personal server. She emailed some of those classified documents to her aid Ummmma. They were on the same laptop as her husband used to send dirty pictures of himself to strange women all over the world. I don't recall the FBI breaking into her home to take anything.

Yes, they did take Trump's personal belonging: his tax records, his passports, his attorney/client documents, and that's why the court needs to throw this search out of the courts and order the FBI to return every single document back to Trump. It's totally unconstitutional. If they feel Trump is not the rightful owner of those documents, they can get a subpoena for the records they want returned to them. If they don't return everything the court orders, they should hold Wray (or whoever is in charge of this raid) in contempt of court and should be jailed.
Don't forget, Hillary's lawyers were allowed to tell the FBI what they could, or could not have.

Of course they have no case in that regards. That's why the DOJ is fighting like hell to keep a special Master out of this. The special Master is an impartial entity and they certainly don't want that.

Yes he has. His declassification process was that anything that leaves the oval office is automatically declassified.
A nonsensical process that no one heard about until after he got his office raided.

Don't be gullible. Try to be rational instead.

How the fuck could that warrant violate the 4th when it was legally obtained from a Trump acolyte bitch judge? Not to mention he had property that wasn't his to keep!

Trump had nothing to do with that judges appointment. He was a renown anti-Trumper and that's proven by the last Trump case where he recused himself and even more evidence on Twitter how much he hates Trump. The commies chose this lowly magistrate for a reason, and that reason no real judge would have signed that warrant.

Of course they have no case in that regards. That's why the DOJ is fighting like hell to keep a special Master out of this. The special Master is an impartial entity and they certainly don't want that.
Why would they have a case against something which hasn't been asserted? The Special Master has nothing to do with it. Classified, or declassified, they're still clearly government documents and not Trump's.

A nonsensical process that no one heard about until after he got his office raided.

Don't be gullible. Try to be rational instead.

I am being rational. Trump having the exclusive Constitutional power to declassify doesn't have to tell anybody how his policy will go. If they want to go that route then it becomes a constitutional issue that will have to be decided on by the Supreme Court. But the DOJ already knows that's a losing battle since the SC decided on that years ago.

I provided proof that he can’t offer his social media post as proof that he declassified the documents.

It’s hearsay that doesn’t fall under the party opponent exemption because it’s not being offered by a party opponent.

Trying to offer his own out of court statements to prove a matter would be a party offering a party statement for their own party. That’s hearsay that can’t be admitted.

If he wants to make the claim, he’d have to do it in a legitimate court statement. An affidavit would be fine. It would be sworn, under penalty of perjury. He hasn’t done that. Makes you wonder why.

I don’t wonder. Because he doesn’t want the documents declassified. It would be grossly reckless. It would endanger national security to save his own hide.
haha clearly if he was on trial he wouldn’t offer his facebook post as evidence…he’d simply testify

but you are clearly wearing that his social media post are hearsay now, or even if he was on trial

i showed you the rules.

Why would they have a case against something which hasn't been asserted? The Special Master has nothing to do with it. Classified, or declassified, they're still clearly government documents and not Trump's.

Nothing has to be asserted to get a special Master involved. A special Master would handle all potential litigation from this point on likely starting with this warrant that apparently doesn't comply with the Constitution.

the special master is doing what clintons lawyers did…deciding what’s is govt ans what is personal

classification is not relevant

Forum List

Back