Former Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Calls to Abolish Department of Education

The DOE was established in 1979.

Ronald Reagan campaigned in 1980 on abolishing it while it was still in its infancy.

So...good luck with that.

"A government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!"
Yes, I am perfectly aware it's almost impossible to get rid of a government agency, no matter how useless and destructive they are. I wanted to kick Bush when he created the DHS.

Yeah Betsy!

I've been say that for years. Does anyone actually support what the DOE does?

Betsy DeVos, who served as the U.S. Secretary of Education under former President Donald Trump, has called for the abolishment of the Department of Education.
Speaking at the “Moms for Liberty” summit, DeVos said the federal government should be removed from education, leaving it to state and local governments.
“I personally think the Department of Education should not exist,” said DeVos, prompting a loud standing ovation from members of the audience, according to Florida Phoenix.
Though DeVos acknowledged the good that teachers serve, including those in attendance at the summit, she blasted teachers unions as a “K-12 cartel.”
The summit largely focused on how conservatives could win majorities in local school board elections with an aim to empower parental rights. The group “Moms for Liberty” sprung about in Florida during the pandemic in opposition to children being forced to mask in schools. As the summit unfolded, various speakers instructed participants on how to select and promote conservatives in local school board elections while other workshops instructed parents on legal strategies when battling far-left agendas like “gender ideology, in our schools,” “social and emotional learning” and “restorative justice.”
“It’s wonderful that the Administration wants to advance school choice but a nationwide federal tax-credit scholarship program is the wrong way to do it,” said Lindsey Burke, director of the Heritage Foundation’s Center for Education Policy. “This could open the door for further education regulations down the road that neutralize the advantages of private education as well as impede future tax reform efforts.”
“Future administrations could use a federal tax-credit scholarship to require that schools adhere to certain admissions and accountability policies,” she added. “That would mean the federal government could further dictate testing, reporting, academic content, and even bathroom policies for all schools involved.”
Government, by its very nature is leftwing, as are nearly all the workers in it. The goal is to perpetuate their own jobs, income, and/or power.

When did I say that they had done so?

My God, you are the stupidest M-F to ever claim to be a conservative. You fuck that up regularly!
"Their [The Dept of Education] original actions were to ensure states were educating all students equally. "

Besty to me is just another Leona Helmsley. Besty and her family service student loans and hates it when the feds bust a crooked college and interferes with her strongarm tactics on collecting loan payments.
Government took over student loans, friend. But I understand few Democrats know this.
Not even the chair of the House Banking Committee.

This is what happens when you put an uneducated ghetto ignoramus in charge of something very important.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm saying the schools (except for that one you taught at for 21 years) are indoctrinating
the children.....not how to think, but what to think.
Let's see your proof!

I have always respected your comments, until now. You are throwing unsubstantiated opinions out left and right. Why do you do this?

Oh, BTW, I taught in 10 different schools in 7 different school districts, and in two states and for the DoD, not one.

Let's see your proof!

I have always respected your comments, until now. You are throwing unsubstantiated opinions out left and right. Why do you do this?

Oh, BTW, I taught in 10 different schools in 7 different school districts, and in two states and for the DoD, not one.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm saying the schools (except for that one you taught at for 21 years) are indoctrinating
the children.....not how to think, but what to think.
In which specific schools have you personally observed this?

A fascist would support government agencies, not oppose them.

Sometimes, but fascism classically is a coalition of the wealthy elite, so it depends upon whether the wealthy elite control government or government is trying to oppose them?
With ancient Rome, the wealthy elite were the aristocrats, the military, and priesthood.
With WWII Nazis, the wealthy elite were the aristocrats, military, and corporations.
Teddy Roosevelt used government to restrict the fascists with anti-trust legislation.
But these days, fascist corporations are using government to restrict competition, like drug companies preventing overseas prescription drugs.
But the point is that fascism is not government itself, but depends on who is controlling government?

Sometimes, but fascism classically is a coalition of the wealthy elite, so it depends upon whether the wealthy elite control government or government is trying to oppose them?
With ancient Rome, the wealthy elite were the aristocrats, the military, and priesthood.
With WWII Nazis, the wealthy elite were the aristocrats, military, and corporations.
Teddy Roosevelt used government to restrict the fascists with anti-trust legislation.
But these days, fascist corporations are using government to restrict competition, like drug companies preventing overseas prescription drugs.
But the point is that fascism is not government itself, but depends on who is controlling government?
Roosevelt was the closest thing we had to a fascist in that age.

Apparently you do not know the difference between a grant and a requirement.
Now you're splitting hairs, Tory. Just disregard what our federal government
is trying to do with the children. I'm saying they are indoctrinating the children.
What is the intent of Biden's grant....with using tax payers money?

I'm done, you're not going to change my mind for obvious reasons

Forum List

Back