Former US Attorney says SCOTUS will overturn Trump Colorado decision 9-0. Guesses?

How will SCOTUS rule on the Trump Colorado decision

• 9-0

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • 8-1

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 7-2

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Yes, in CO, a State Supreme Court judge is initially appointed by the governor when a vacancy occurs, and they are appointed for 2 years, after which, they have to go through a state wide election to hold their seat. All of the CO supreme court judges that made the ruling have been on the bench several years longer than their appointment. No, they aren't unelected, all of them have gone through a state wide election.
They face a retention election where they have no opponent. Not exactly a tough task if you don't commit a crime. Want to bet how many of the justices on the Colorado Supreme court have not been retained?

The spirit of the law is to keep those who engaged in insurrection or rebellion while serving in elected office from serving in the future. Confederates or otherwise.

The next steps need to be suits against members of Congress who participated as well.
Since no members of Congress did, who are you charging? My God, you have slipped into the abyss of stupid!

I'm looking forward to making complete asses out of all the Biden cultists who wet their pants with excitement over this unconstitutional attempt to deprive citizens of their voting rights.

I'll take bets on SCOTUS going:

9-0

8-1 (Jackson, the dumbest of them all dissenting)

7-2 (both Jackson and Sotomayor siding with the Nazis).

Another failed projection, your prognostication powers are like yer wit, lacking.

I posted a link to the hearing. Evidence was presented. A determination was made by a judge. A ruling in the Colorado courts.

Glad to see you dropped the lie that it was a trial.

Also, the current impeachment investigation into Joe Biden is a hearing. Are you going to give it the same weight as this one?

The trial judge in November determined it was an insurrection. The appeals court upheld that finding. Trumps lawyers argued it wasn’t. The Colorado Supreme Court upheld that finding.

If the courts are not suited for such determinations, who is? The 14th doesn’t say who decides that does it?

There was no trial, stop lying.

Who decides then? If not the courts? According to Trump’s attorneys it is the Party who decides. In that case if the Democrats put up a thirty year old naturalized citizen and said he was eligible, there would be nothing anyone could do about it. He would, if elected, be President right?
No. You ask stupid questions because you already should know the answer.

Forum List

Back