Fort Worth Mayor Apologizes For Police Shooting; Officer Resigns

You know, when I was on the Security Force while stationed in Newport, one of the first things we were taught to do was to identify ourselves as base police when investigating things. This officer should have shouted "police, put your hands up", and if he had ID'd himself as an officer, she would have more than likely relaxed when she realized he was an officer and not an intruder. Sorry, but this officer fucked up, plain and simple. And, the police chief said that if he hadn't resigned, he would have been fired because he's screwed up in the past as well.

And, I'm going to ask the same question that I asked further up the thread, but nobody took the time to answer. If there was someone skulking around your backyard with a flashlight at 2:00 am, and you didn't know who it was, if you had a gun in the house, would you arm yourself before going and checking it out?

Most people if they have a gun will arm themselves before checking it out, even if they say they won't.
He didnt have time to make that announcement.
Nonsense. He had time to yell, "put your hands up," means he had time to yell, "police, put your hands up!"
No, if he sees her reaching for a gun, he has a second to utter anything at all.

thats no excuse to murder a person in their own home,,,its her house and she has a right to defend herself and her family
good thing he didn't then. he shot her because she pointed a gun at him. again, he's allowed to defend himself. still unclear what country you think you live in.
what about her rights???
it was her house not his,,

he could have just stepped back out of the line of fire and yelled he was a cop,,,

Nonsense. He had time to yell, "put your hands up," means he had time to yell, "police, put your hands up!"
No, if he sees her reaching for a gun, he has a second to utter anything at all.

thats no excuse to murder a person in their own home,,,its her house and she has a right to defend herself and her family
good thing he didn't then. he shot her because she pointed a gun at him. again, he's allowed to defend himself. still unclear what country you think you live in.
what about her rights???

he could have just stepped back out of the line of fire and yelled he was a cop,,,
what about them? how did he violate her rights?

what about her rights???

we can start with murdering her in her own home when she wasnt committing a crime,,,

he had a clear view of her and the kid, all she could see was a dark window,,,

what about her rights???

we can start with murdering her in her own home when she wasnt committing a crime,,,

did she point a gun at him? yes or no?

what about her rights???

did he murder a person defending their own home ??
yes or no??

what about her rights???

yes or no??
He shot at someone pointing a gun at him. he had no idea who that was. hmmmmmm why would he know her? it was a call to a house about an intruder, not an exchange of personal information and drinks.

You didn't answer, did she point a gun at him? are you an honest man?

what about her rights???

yes or no??
He shot at someone pointing a gun at him. he had no idea who that was. hmmmmmm why would he know her? it was a call to a house about an intruder, not an exchange of personal information and drinks.

there was not a report of an intruder,,,and our rights trump cops rights since they swore an oath to protect our rights,,,

yes or no??

there was not a report of an intruder,,,and our rights trump cops rights since they swore an oath to protect our rights,,,
sure there was, open structure call. I gave you the definition, are you going to ignore it? again, did the woman point her gun at the cop? yes or no? you a man or not?

yes or no??

sure there was, open structure call. I gave you the definition, are you going to ignore it? again, did the woman point her gun at the cop? yes or no? you a man or not?

you said intruder,, now youre saying open door,,,

which one is it???

yes or no??

which one is it???
I gave you the definition, are you an honest man or not? you still haven't answered, so I'm guessing you are not. that then makes you a fk. I don't deal with fks. fks are useless people in my country. learn the constitution or leave.

yes or no??

which one is it???
I gave you the definition, are you an honest man or not? you still haven't answered, so I'm guessing you are not. that then makes you a fk. I don't deal with fks. fks are useless people in my country. learn the constitution or leave.

what you gave me was your opinion,,,and a dumb one at that,,,

this isnt nazi germany even if you want it to be,,,

which one is it???

nope, I gave you the language off the definition on the internet. you choose to ignore that makes you not honest.

Did she point the gun at the cop or not? you're non answer is my answer I guess. you agree she did. so he shot in self defense.

which one is it???

nope, I gave you the language off the definition on the internet. you choose to ignore that makes you not honest.

dont believe everything you read on the internet,,,

He failed to identify himself as a police officer, and he fired the shot before finishing the order to show her hands. No, this was not a tragic accident, this was a total fuck up on the officer's part.
She grabbed her gun. He had no time for a conversation.

You know, when I was on the Security Force while stationed in Newport, one of the first things we were taught to do was to identify ourselves as base police when investigating things. This officer should have shouted "police, put your hands up", and if he had ID'd himself as an officer, she would have more than likely relaxed when she realized he was an officer and not an intruder. Sorry, but this officer fucked up, plain and simple. And, the police chief said that if he hadn't resigned, he would have been fired because he's screwed up in the past as well.

And, I'm going to ask the same question that I asked further up the thread, but nobody took the time to answer. If there was someone skulking around your backyard with a flashlight at 2:00 am, and you didn't know who it was, if you had a gun in the house, would you arm yourself before going and checking it out?

Most people if they have a gun will arm themselves before checking it out, even if they say they won't.
Adding, "police," to his command takes a fraction of a second. Especially being on someone's property.

which one is it???

I do from trusted sites.

self defense.

She grabbed her gun. He had no time for a conversation.

Adding, "police," to his command takes a fraction of a second. Especially being on someone's property.

he also could have taken one step back out of the line of fire and had all the time in the world to announce himself,,,

which one is it???

I do from trusted sites.

self defense.

well since he was the intruder and she the home owner he was the assailant not the defender

what about her rights???

She had every right to. From her perspective, he was an intruder. In fact, she had every right to shoot him. He had no right to shoot her.

I do from trusted sites.

self defense.

well since he was the intruder and she the home owner he was the assailant not the defender
he never entered her home. so again, your facts are faked.

he also could have taken one step back out of the line of fire and had all the time in the world to announce himself,,,
ahh the things that you think are so easy. too fking funny. go discuss with that with a cop's widow.

Forum List

Back