Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market

the tax cut cut taxes for everyone that pays taxes. It was paying for itself by increasing GDP and our economy was booming,

This is the GDP growth since the tax cuts...notice the direction of the trend line...you really need to quit being such a parrot.

upload_2020-3-20_9-8-42.png

Maybe not soon enough for everyone to recover their losses

After the great market crash of 1929 the economic situation of the world was terrible and lasted for 10 years

all based on fear and shock

maybe the quarantine is needed to save lives

it may even save my life or someone I care about

I dont know

But the government cant print enough money to buy us out of the post virus mayhem that is sure to follow

This is a recession unlike any we’ve experienced and there’s every reason to believe that once the viral threat has passed economic activity will resume quickly. There was no systemic financial issues that we are working through, just a lack of supply and demand due to an external factor which will resolve given enough time.

We just need to get there together. We will recover our losses, it’ll just take some time.

Anyway, a situation like this is exactly why you don’t build a budget with $1 trillion structural deficits in good times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Unfortunately there are far more liberals in washington than fiscal conservatives

Blaming liberals is funny. It’s the supply sliders and their enormous tax cut that resulted in the majority of this deficit. We were supposed to believe it was going to pay for itself. What a joke.
To spend money we dont have is very liberal in the economic sense

a republican may be a strong supporter of the military who is just as willing to have a deficit for defense as a democrat who wants to spend money on the poor

neither are fiscal conservatives
It’s also quite conservative apparently. Conservatives have not demonstrated any real intention to change this.

No one in DC has demonstrated any intention to change from deficit spending. but you of course remember that Obama was the all time king of it. Added more debt than all other presidents COMBINED. and you have the gall to criticize the current administration and congress?????????????

the tax cut cut taxes for everyone that pays taxes. It was paying for itself by increasing GDP and our economy was booming,

This is the GDP growth since the tax cuts...notice the direction of the trend line...you really need to quit being such a parrot.

View attachment 313572
Gotta be pretty stupid to claim they were paying for themselves when we have trillion dollar deficits....

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.

After the great market crash of 1929 the economic situation of the world was terrible and lasted for 10 years

I dont know

But the government cant print enough money to buy us out of the post virus mayhem that is sure to follow

This is a recession unlike any we’ve experienced and there’s every reason to believe that once the viral threat has passed economic activity will resume quickly. There was no systemic financial issues that we are working through, just a lack of supply and demand due to an external factor which will resolve given enough time.

We just need to get there together. We will recover our losses, it’ll just take some time.

Anyway, a situation like this is exactly why you don’t build a budget with $1 trillion structural deficits in good times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
I hope you are right

but I think there will be wild swings in the economy followed by over corrections for many years to come

I doubt it, but we are both speculating. But we have a very good example of what happens if this virus is not contained.
In italy we have an example of what happens when a declining and inept society embraces globalism with china as it patron

America is not that far gone yet and we will not lose as many people as italy will
This is an entirely political opinion based on no actual data.

How the hell is reaching a different conclusion insider trading?

He had information that the public did not have. That is why he reached the conclusion that turned out to be the correct one. But he is a Repub so you have to defend him to your dying breath.

Sucks to be you
And that’s why we have so much corruption. Too many people are ok with it when it’s their party.

Truth fails you, but carry on!

Unfortunately there are far more liberals in washington than fiscal conservatives

Blaming liberals is funny. It’s the supply sliders and their enormous tax cut that resulted in the majority of this deficit. We were supposed to believe it was going to pay for itself. What a joke.

a republican may be a strong supporter of the military who is just as willing to have a deficit for defense as a democrat who wants to spend money on the poor

It’s also quite conservative apparently. Conservatives have not demonstrated any real intention to change this.

No one in DC has demonstrated any intention to change from deficit spending. but you of course remember that Obama was the all time king of it. Added more debt than all other presidents COMBINED. and you have the gall to criticize the current administration and congress?????????????
Get ready for a new king...

Obama spent a lot of money during an economic emergency as we are about to do so. When the economic emergency passed, he worked to reduce the deficit.

What did Trump do to the deficit during a good economy?

Some day in the next 50 years or so, the country is going to have to declare bankruptcy and write off its debt, mostly owed to China at present, that might actually be a good move since China has been trying to destroy us for years.

Incorrect once again, most of the debt is owed to US investors...

MW-GO672_nation_20180821130954_ZQ.jpg

we shall see, and if Trump exceeds Obozo I will be the first to criticize him for it.

where were you when obama added 9 trillion to our debt? yeah, silent.

we shall see, and if Trump exceeds Obozo I will be the first to criticize him for it.

He is adding debt faster than Obama did, and that was in a booming economy....just wait till the recession starts.

Some day in the next 50 years or so, the country is going to have to declare bankruptcy and write off its debt, mostly owed to China at present, that might actually be a good move since China has been trying to destroy us for years.

Ok, but my point remains. at some time this has to be dealt with and bankruptcy is the only possible solution.

Ok, but my point remains. at some time this has to be dealt with and bankruptcy is the only possible solution.

god forbid we should actually cut spending...that would never do

How the hell is reaching a different conclusion insider trading?

He had information that the public did not have. That is why he reached the conclusion that turned out to be the correct one. But he is a Repub so you have to defend him to your dying breath.

Sucks to be you
And that’s why we have so much corruption. Too many people are ok with it when it’s their party.

Truth fails you, but carry on!

That's such a nice way to put it.

I kinda like just beating the heck out of 'em.

He is adding debt faster than Obama did, and that was in a booming economy....just wait till the recession starts.

We shall see. But no one has had something like corona before. so what are the options? let the economy crash, or print more fake money to prop it up? I don't like either option but there are no others, do you have some brilliant solution?

I’ve been against deficits since Perot. I’m not a hypocrite like you.

god forbid we should actually cut spending...that would never do

I'm all for cutting spending. I have many times called for a 10% across the board spending reduction to all government budget lines-------------all of them, social security, military, congressional salaries, welfare, every single line in the budget.

but it won't happen because much of the spending is pork that keeps congress persons on the gravy train.

We shall see. But no one has had something like corona before. so what are the options? let the economy crash, or print more fake money to prop it up? I don't like either option but there are no others, do you have some brilliant solution?
Well we could afford a bailout better if he hadn’t been spending like we were in recession during a good economy.

I dont know

Yeah, right-
Statement by the Press Secretary on S. 716
On Monday, April 15, 2013, the President signed into law:

S. 716, which eliminates the requirement in the STOCK Act to make available on official websites the financial disclosure forms of employees of the executive and legislative branches other than the President, the Vice President, Members of and candidates for Congress, and several specified Presidentially nominated and Senate-confirmed officers; and delays until January 1, 2014, the date by which systems must be developed that enable public access to financial disclosure forms of covered individuals.

Pelosi Leads List Of Conflict Of Interest Dems | Investor's Business Daily
Dianne Feinstein, 3 more senators accused of dumping major holdings before stock market plunge

Forum List

Back