Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market

How the hell is reaching a different conclusion insider trading?

He had information that the public did not have. That is why he reached the conclusion that turned out to be the correct one. But he is a Repub so you have to defend him to your dying breath.

Sucks to be you

What information did he have that public had no access to?
Don’t know exactly. It was classified for some reason.

White House ordered coronavirus meetings classified, hampering response: report

Why would they do that?

He had information that the public did not have. That is why he reached the conclusion that turned out to be the correct one. But he is a Repub so you have to defend him to your dying breath.

Sucks to be you

Why would they do that?

In other words, there is no reason to believe he reached his conclusion based on classified information. In fact, it's not clear that anything was even traded.

Senator Richard Burr Warned Of Coronavirus Effects In Private Meeting - Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

So, Burr let the fat cats know what was coming while the rest of us were being treated like mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
Nothing new there

Congress critters have been getting rich from insider trading for decades

How else does a person with zero net worth at the time of election retire a multi-millionaire after only a few terms in office while making 175K a year?

Senator Richard Burr Warned Of Coronavirus Effects In Private Meeting - Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

So, Burr let the fat cats know what was coming while the rest of us were being treated like mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
Are you telling us that all the democrat senators were totally in the dark about this virus and only Burr knew what was really going on?

Weren’t Republicans making fun of Democrats for warning about this weeks ago?
I remain of the opinion that the panic over the virus will be worse than the virus itself

Lives depend just as much on the economy as they do on finding a cure for the disease

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.
Maybe not soon enough for everyone to recover their losses

After the great market crash of 1929 the economic situation of the world was terrible and lasted for 10 years

all based on fear and shock

maybe the quarantine is needed to save lives

it may even save my life or someone I care about

I dont know

But the government cant print enough money to buy us out of the post virus mayhem that is sure to follow

Sucks to be you

Why would they do that?

In other words, there is no reason to believe he reached his conclusion based on classified information. In fact, it's not clear that anything was even traded.

Sure there is. He was telling his deep pocketed supporters something different than everyone else.

Are you telling us that all the democrat senators were totally in the dark about this virus and only Burr knew what was really going on?

I believe "Dem Hoax" was what the friggin President said
Referring to the democrat politicization of the chinese virus
but how is something a hoax if the federal government is taking actions that basically justify everything that was being reported about it?

Politicizing a crisis would be trying to deny it is a crisis at all because of your worry of how it affects your re-election -- deciding to not push forward with aggressive testing because you were worried about how it would make your numbers look -- that is politicizing in its most destructive way possible....

But ringing the alarm about something when so-called leadership is saying the opposite isn't what caused the virus to spread....

I could only wish the media did this before we invaded Iraq instead of being cheerleaders for the invasion......
Trump did not say the virus is a hoax

Sucks to be you

Why would they do that?

Sure there is. He was telling his deep pocketed supporters something different than everyone else.

That's not insider trading.

Trump has staffed his administration with incompetent flunkies whose main requirement is to support him through his own incompetence.

I remain of the opinion that the panic over the virus will be worse than the virus itself

Lives depend just as much on the economy as they do on finding a cure for the disease

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.

After the great market crash of 1929 the economic situation of the world was terrible and lasted for 10 years

I dont know

But the government cant print enough money to buy us out of the post virus mayhem that is sure to follow

This is a recession unlike any we’ve experienced and there’s every reason to believe that once the viral threat has passed economic activity will resume quickly. There was no systemic financial issues that we are working through, just a lack of supply and demand due to an external factor which will resolve given enough time.

We just need to get there together. We will recover our losses, it’ll just take some time.

Anyway, a situation like this is exactly why you don’t build a budget with $1 trillion structural deficits in good times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

Those people who may die from this are too few and not important enough to outweigh the performance of my 401k --- America is the wrong country to expect people to value human life over money..

As long as the percentages are small enough, we can always find a way to rationalize our love of money....and pay lip service to the value of human life when the cameras are on....
If you think only the rich will be hurt by the economic meltdown you are in for a big surprise

Sucks to be you

Why would they do that?

That's not insider trading.

It’s evidence he was given information that was not publicly available. We know that for a fact.

That is insider trading.

Those people who may die from this are too few and not important enough to outweigh the performance of my 401k --- America is the wrong country to expect people to value human life over money..

As long as the percentages are small enough, we can always find a way to rationalize our love of money....and pay lip service to the value of human life when the cameras are on....
If you think only the rich will be hurt by the economic meltdown you are in for a big surprise

The rich were given a head start on the economic meltdown. Burr’s comments are evidence of that.

I dont know

This is a recession unlike any we’ve experienced and there’s every reason to believe that once the viral threat has passed economic activity will resume quickly. There was no systemic financial issues that we are working through, just a lack of supply and demand due to an external factor which will resolve given enough time.

We just need to get there together. We will recover our losses, it’ll just take some time.

Anyway, a situation like this is exactly why you don’t build a budget with $1 trillion structural deficits in good times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
I hope you are right

but I think there will be wild swings in the economy followed by over corrections for many years to come

I dont know

Unfortunately there are far more liberals in washington than fiscal conservatives

Over and over the white house is telling us that equiptment is available, this is available, etc....and over and over states are pleading for help....why is Trump keeping up the lies?????????????

At Least 2 GOP Senators Dumped Millions In Stock After Coronavirus Briefings
Sens. Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler reportedly made dozens of stock trades shortly after private health briefings for Congress began in January.
At Least 2 GOP Senators Dumped Millions In Stock After Coronavirus Briefings | HuffPost

There's money to made in our misery, that's why!!!

Pick up a paper or watch the news you idiot. The news will tell you all you want to know or all you don't want to know.

As for the States? My State is doing all it can. As for your?? I couldn't care less.
There lies the Trumpian supporters' foolish imagined logic. Not caring about what your neighbors are doing to eliminate a contagious virus that will with certainty eventually find it's way to you and your loved ones.

I dont know

Unfortunately there are far more liberals in washington than fiscal conservatives

Blaming liberals is funny. It’s the supply sliders and their enormous tax cut that resulted in the majority of this deficit. We were supposed to believe it was going to pay for itself. What a joke.

I dont know

I hope you are right

but I think there will be wild swings in the economy followed by over corrections for many years to come

I doubt it, but we are both speculating. But we have a very good example of what happens if this virus is not contained.

Forum List

Back