Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market

We should have known how badly he handled PR, just how inept and pathetic Trump would be in time of crisis. If only paper towels were the cure, eh

Pick up a paper or watch the news you idiot. The news will tell you all you want to know or all you don't want to know.

As for the States? My State is doing all it can. As for your?? I couldn't care less.
Listen, you pathetic lump of viral shit, I have a GOP gov....need I say more? and do me a favor, kiss my ass and then lick it!!

Over and over the white house is telling us that equiptment is available, this is available, etc....and over and over states are pleading for help....why is Trump keeping up the lies?????????????

At Least 2 GOP Senators Dumped Millions In Stock After Coronavirus Briefings
Sens. Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler reportedly made dozens of stock trades shortly after private health briefings for Congress began in January.
At Least 2 GOP Senators Dumped Millions In Stock After Coronavirus Briefings | HuffPost

There's money to made in our misery, that's why!!!
You expect too much from him.
I expect too much? I knew from day one, the whore was worthless

At Least 2 GOP Senators Dumped Millions In Stock After Coronavirus Briefings
Sens. Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler reportedly made dozens of stock trades shortly after private health briefings for Congress began in January.
At Least 2 GOP Senators Dumped Millions In Stock After Coronavirus Briefings | HuffPost

There's money to made in our misery, that's why!!!

Truth!

But wth does this have to do with Trump? Not a dam thing.

This has been happening wayyyyyyy before Trump?

Call your Senator and Representatives and demand they stop their profiteering

Trump has staffed his administration with incompetent flunkies whose main requirement is to support him through his own incompetence.
IF EVER THERE WAS A TIME FOR MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY.....ITS TIME TO TAKE THE WHEEL AWAY FROM CAPTAIN QUID AND GIVE IT TO PELOSI AND THE DEMOCRATS....AND THE HELL WITH THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION......THE DEMS NEED TO CALL OUT A NATIONAL SELF QUARANTINE FOR 30 DAYS....LOCK THE WHOLE COUNTRY DOWN.

Pick up a paper or watch the news you idiot. The news will tell you all you want to know or all you don't want to know.

As for the States? My State is doing all it can. As for your?? I couldn't care less.
There lies the Trumpian supporters' foolish imagined logic. Not caring about what your neighbors are doing to eliminate a contagious virus that will with certainty eventually find it's way to you and your loved ones.
We should line up all the Trump idiots and ship these fucks to Italy on a cruise ship with Trumps in the best rooms.....bathroom

Four senators sold stocks shortly after a January Senate briefing on the novel coronavirus outbreak, unloading shares that plummeted in value a month later as the stock market crashed in the face of a global pandemic.

All 4 sold their stocks within days of a classified briefing. Isn't this the definition of insider trading? They got theirs, fuck everyone else, right? Shameful. Does this theme of constant underlying greed in Congressional leadership really surprise anyone at this point? At least, I hope their constituents are paying attention.

Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market (thehill.com)

Senator Richard Burr Warned Of Coronavirus Effects In Private Meeting - Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

So, Burr let the fat cats know what was coming while the rest of us were being treated like mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
How do you think Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton got rich? They all engaged in insider trading.

But if you are Martha Stewart and make a stock move based on information about your own company, well then.......JAIL TIME FOR YOU.....but NOT FOR THEM.

BUT.....BUT....BUT....THE DEMS DO IT TOO

sstplqo3np701.jpg
The good thing about The Corona Virus Panic The Democrats started is that nobody gives a crap about The Democrats Most Lame Candidates since Michael Dukakis.

I remain of the opinion that the panic over the virus will be worse than the virus itself

Lives depend just as much on the economy as they do on finding a cure for the disease

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.
Maybe not soon enough for everyone to recover their losses

After the great market crash of 1929 the economic situation of the world was terrible and lasted for 10 years

all based on fear and shock

maybe the quarantine is needed to save lives

it may even save my life or someone I care about

I dont know

But the government cant print enough money to buy us out of the post virus mayhem that is sure to follow

This is a recession unlike any we’ve experienced and there’s every reason to believe that once the viral threat has passed economic activity will resume quickly. There was no systemic financial issues that we are working through, just a lack of supply and demand due to an external factor which will resolve given enough time.

We just need to get there together. We will recover our losses, it’ll just take some time.

Anyway, a situation like this is exactly why you don’t build a budget with $1 trillion structural deficits in good times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Unfortunately there are far more liberals in washington than fiscal conservatives

Blaming liberals is funny. It’s the supply sliders and their enormous tax cut that resulted in the majority of this deficit. We were supposed to believe it was going to pay for itself. What a joke.
To spend money we dont have is very liberal in the economic sense

a republican may be a strong supporter of the military who is just as willing to have a deficit for defense as a democrat who wants to spend money on the poor

neither are fiscal conservatives

IF EVER THERE WAS A TIME FOR MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY.....ITS TIME TO TAKE THE WHEEL AWAY FROM CAPTAIN QUID AND GIVE IT TO PELOSI AND THE DEMOCRATS....AND THE HELL WITH THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION......THE DEMS NEED TO CALL OUT A NATIONAL SELF QUARANTINE FOR 30 DAYS....LOCK THE WHOLE COUNTRY DOWN.

Yikes!

You misspelled your screen name btw.

He had information that the public did not have. That is why he reached the conclusion that turned out to be the correct one. But he is a Repub so you have to defend him to your dying breath.

Sucks to be you

What information did he have that public had no access to?
Don’t know exactly. It was classified for some reason.

White House ordered coronavirus meetings classified, hampering response: report

Why would they do that?

In other words, there is no reason to believe he reached his conclusion based on classified information. In fact, it's not clear that anything was even traded.

Sure there is. He was telling his deep pocketed supporters something different than everyone else.

That's not insider trading.

image.jpg

I remain of the opinion that the panic over the virus will be worse than the virus itself

Lives depend just as much on the economy as they do on finding a cure for the disease

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.

After the great market crash of 1929 the economic situation of the world was terrible and lasted for 10 years

I dont know

But the government cant print enough money to buy us out of the post virus mayhem that is sure to follow

This is a recession unlike any we’ve experienced and there’s every reason to believe that once the viral threat has passed economic activity will resume quickly. There was no systemic financial issues that we are working through, just a lack of supply and demand due to an external factor which will resolve given enough time.

We just need to get there together. We will recover our losses, it’ll just take some time.

Anyway, a situation like this is exactly why you don’t build a budget with $1 trillion structural deficits in good times. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
I hope you are right

but I think there will be wild swings in the economy followed by over corrections for many years to come

I doubt it, but we are both speculating. But we have a very good example of what happens if this virus is not contained.
In italy we have an example of what happens when a declining and inept society embraces globalism with china as it patron

America is not that far gone yet and we will not lose as many people as italy will

What information did he have that public had no access to?
Don’t know exactly. It was classified for some reason.

White House ordered coronavirus meetings classified, hampering response: report

Why would they do that?

In other words, there is no reason to believe he reached his conclusion based on classified information. In fact, it's not clear that anything was even traded.

Sure there is. He was telling his deep pocketed supporters something different than everyone else.

That's not insider trading.

It’s evidence he was given information that was not publicly available. We know that for a fact.

That is insider trading.
It was all publicly available. How many of those people have business involved worldwide? Trump even stated right now we are ok, and hoped it stayed that way but it could get really bad. All you had to do was look at the countries that were going through it to see what was happening. All the news was reporting on it. European stocks were taking a dump.

February 27 coronavirus news - CNN
February 27 coronavirus news - CNN
Italy outbreak: At least ... February 27, 2020 There are 256 new coronavirus cases reported in South Korea ... Donald Trump speaks during an African-American History Month reception in the Cabinet ...
Italy Coronavirus Cases Surge As European Markets Continue To Slump
Feb 27, 2020Editors' Pick | Feb 27, 2020, 07:01am EST. Italy Coronavirus Cases Surge As European Markets Continue To Slump. ... Italy is at the centre of a surge in cases around Europe, with the country now ...
Cases Soar in Italy, Iran and South Korea as Alarm Grows ...
Cases Soar in Italy, Iran and South Korea as Alarm Grows
Feb 27, 2020Cases Soar in Italy, Iran and South Korea as Alarm Grows ... Published Feb. 27, 2020Updated ... concluded that 81 percent of the 44,000 cases confirmed in China by mid-February were mild ...
February 25 coronavirus news - CNN
February 25 coronavirus news - CNN
Coronavirus cases surge in Italy, Iran and South Korea, with the global death toll at 2,698. Follow here for live updates. ... Italy, on Tuesday, February 25. IPA/Abaca/Sipa USA.
Europe Confronts Coronavirus as Italy Battles an Eruption ...
Europe Confronts Coronavirus as Italy Battles an Eruption of Cases
Feb 23, 2020Published Feb. 23, 2020Updated Feb. 27, ... The worrisome spike — from fewer than five known cases in Italy before Thursday — shattered the sense of safety and distance that much of the

The Dems and media were running around like chickens with their heads cut off screaming the sky is falling, the sky is falling! Look at the headlines in the days before his meeting-

This Is What The Coronavirus Means for the Chinese Supply ...
This Is What The Coronavirus Means for the Chinese Supply Chain
Feb 26, 2020This Is What The Coronavirus Means for the Chinese Supply Chain ... wearing a protective mask takes the temperature of a customer at an entrance to an Apple Inc. store in Shanghai on Feb. 15, 2020 ...

European Shares Tumble As Virus Fears Grow | Nasdaq
European Shares Tumble As Virus Fears Grow
Feb 26, 2020 5:38AM EST ... European stocks tumbled on Wednesday to extend recent loses as the threat of a global coronavirus pandemic grew. ... Drinkers Are Confusing Corona Beer With the ...

Stocks tumble after Wuhan coronavirus cases and deaths ...
https://www.businessinsider.in/stoc...-to-a-new-daily-high/articleshow/74118493.cms
Stocks tumble after Wuhan coronavirus cases and deaths surge to a new daily high Theron Mohamed Feb 13, 2020, 17:26 IST Global stocks dropped on Thursday after Wuhan coronavirus cases and deaths ...

U.S. stocks tumble 11% in worst week since the financial ...
U.S. stocks tumble 11% in worst week since the financial crisis, TSX flirts with correction territory
U.S. stocks tumble 11% in worst week since the financial crisis, TSX flirts with correction territory US$3 trillion in value wiped out from American equities

Trump to detail US coronavirus efforts, Schumer seeks $8 ...
Trump to detail US coronavirus efforts, Schumer seeks $8.5B
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump appoints Vice President Mike Pence to lead US response to coronavirus outbreak. President Donald Trump pushed back Wednesday against criticism that his administration isn't doing enough to meet the coronavirus threat, as lawmakers called for giving disease-fighters much more money than the $2.5 billion the White House has requested
Democrats were screaming we needed $8.5 billion now, rather than start with the $2.5 billion that Trump was requesting at the time. They were criticizing him left and right, every chance they got, along with the usual suspects, cnn, msnbc, nyt’s, washington post, etc.

Already merged 4 threads this morning on this topic, under the title "Insider Trading", which was started yesterday

How the hell is reaching a different conclusion insider trading?

He had information that the public did not have. That is why he reached the conclusion that turned out to be the correct one. But he is a Repub so you have to defend him to your dying breath.

Sucks to be you
And that’s why we have so much corruption. Too many people are ok with it when it’s their party.

I dont know

Unfortunately there are far more liberals in washington than fiscal conservatives

Blaming liberals is funny. It’s the supply sliders and their enormous tax cut that resulted in the majority of this deficit. We were supposed to believe it was going to pay for itself. What a joke.

the tax cut cut taxes for everyone that pays taxes. It was paying for itself by increasing GDP and our economy was booming, Deficits are bad no matter who passes them, you do understand that the budget and spending starts in the house which is currently in democrat control don't you? so I guess you are now calling the dems supply siders.

getting us back on track fiscally after this virus thing is over will necessitate more deficits unfortunately.

Some day in the next 50 years or so, the country is going to have to declare bankruptcy and write off its debt, mostly owed to China at present, that might actually be a good move since China has been trying to destroy us for years.

I dont know

To spend money we dont have is very liberal in the economic sense

a republican may be a strong supporter of the military who is just as willing to have a deficit for defense as a democrat who wants to spend money on the poor

neither are fiscal conservatives
It’s also quite conservative apparently. Conservatives have not demonstrated any real intention to change this.

Trump has staffed his administration with incompetent flunkies whose main requirement is to support him through his own incompetence.

you are insane

Forum List

Back