Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market

Some day in the next 50 years or so, the country is going to have to declare bankruptcy and write off its debt, mostly owed to China at present, that might actually be a good move since China has been trying to destroy us for years.

Incorrect once again, most of the debt is owed to US investors...

MW-GO672_nation_20180821130954_ZQ.jpg

Ok, but my point remains. at some time this has to be dealt with and bankruptcy is the only possible solution.

god forbid we should actually cut spending...that would never do

I'm all for cutting spending. I have many times called for a 10% across the board spending reduction to all government budget lines-------------all of them, social security, military, congressional salaries, welfare, every single line in the budget.

but it won't happen because much of the spending is pork that keeps congress persons on the gravy train.
It won’t happen because repubs forgot about deficits as soon as they gained power.

To spend money we dont have is very liberal in the economic sense

a republican may be a strong supporter of the military who is just as willing to have a deficit for defense as a democrat who wants to spend money on the poor

neither are fiscal conservatives
It’s also quite conservative apparently. Conservatives have not demonstrated any real intention to change this.

No one in DC has demonstrated any intention to change from deficit spending. but you of course remember that Obama was the all time king of it. Added more debt than all other presidents COMBINED. and you have the gall to criticize the current administration and congress?????????????
Get ready for a new king...

we shall see, and if Trump exceeds Obozo I will be the first to criticize him for it.

where were you when obama added 9 trillion to our debt? yeah, silent.
I’ve been against deficits since Perot. I’m not a hypocrite like you.

horseshit, I have been against deficit spending since Eisenhower. and I have written to every one of my congresspersons every year about it. What have you done?

Are you telling us that all the democrat senators were totally in the dark about this virus and only Burr knew what was really going on?

Weren’t Republicans making fun of Democrats for warning about this weeks ago?
I remain of the opinion that the panic over the virus will be worse than the virus itself

Lives depend just as much on the economy as they do on finding a cure for the disease

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.
Those people who may die from this are too few and not important enough to outweigh the performance of my 401k --- America is the wrong country to expect people to value human life over money..

As long as the percentages are small enough, we can always find a way to rationalize our love of money....and pay lip service to the value of human life when the cameras are on....
Could we extend this to not caring how many die from the air pollution due to over weight, over sized, inefficient vehicles?
60 Million Babies Murdered by Democrats and not one Democrat gave a crap.

No one gives a crap about Biden or Sanders now either. LOL. Another DemTard Plan Fail.

First it was Russian Collusion
Then it was Ukraine Confusion
Now it's Virus Delusion

Some day in the next 50 years or so, the country is going to have to declare bankruptcy and write off its debt, mostly owed to China at present, that might actually be a good move since China has been trying to destroy us for years.

Ok, but my point remains. at some time this has to be dealt with and bankruptcy is the only possible solution.
Deficits were much more manageable just 3 years ago....

I'm all for cutting spending. I have many times called for a 10% across the board spending reduction to all government budget lines-------------all of them, social security, military, congressional salaries, welfare, every single line in the budget.

but it won't happen because much of the spending is pork that keeps congress persons on the gravy train.
It won’t happen because repubs forgot about deficits as soon as they gained power.

another lie, spending starts in the house which has been democrat controlled for most of the last 80 years.

It’s also quite conservative apparently. Conservatives have not demonstrated any real intention to change this.

No one in DC has demonstrated any intention to change from deficit spending. but you of course remember that Obama was the all time king of it. Added more debt than all other presidents COMBINED. and you have the gall to criticize the current administration and congress?????????????

we shall see, and if Trump exceeds Obozo I will be the first to criticize him for it.

horseshit, I have been against deficit spending since Eisenhower. and I have written to every one of my congresspersons every year about it. What have you done?
I vote against the fiscally irresponsible. So you aren’t a trumper then?

LOL, so when obozo added 9 trillion to the debt with deficits every year of his 8, that was managing it?

another lie, spending starts in the house which has been democrat controlled for most of the last 80 years.
Repubs had full control for 2 years. They flattened revenue with tax cuts and increased spending. Space force? You live under a rock?

LOL, so when obozo added 9 trillion to the debt with deficits every year of his 8, that was managing it?
They were much lower. Trumper quickly increased them. I’m not saying Obama was good, just way better than trumper.

Trump has been more fiscally responsible than Obama, or than Hillary would have been. Far from where we need to be but at least he has tried. He had to rebuild the military which obozo had let become incapable to even marginally defending this country. Obama let the military crater and still added 9 trillion to the debt. but he did send billions to Iran, so they could fund terrorist attacks and continue building their nuclear arsenal.

We shall see. But no one has had something like corona before. so what are the options? let the economy crash, or print more fake money to prop it up? I don't like either option but there are no others, do you have some brilliant solution?

the option would have been to cut the deficit during the "good" times and not double it like Trump did...but too late for that now

They were much lower. Trumper quickly increased them. I’m not saying Obama was good, just way better than trumper.

bullshit, if obama's annual deficits were lower how did he add 9 trillion to the debt? Do you understand that every dollar of annual deficit is a dollar added to the debt?

Actual spending starts with the POTUS submitting a budget request...that is the starting point.

Trump has submitted the two largest in history of our country.

bullshit, if obama's annual deficits were lower how did he add 9 trillion to the debt? Do you understand that every dollar of annual deficit is a dollar added to the debt?

They went down under Obama...those are just the facts...

V5CMSFET5JFSRHRVFJ36BAGTII.jpg

Weren’t Republicans making fun of Democrats for warning about this weeks ago?
I remain of the opinion that the panic over the virus will be worse than the virus itself

Lives depend just as much on the economy as they do on finding a cure for the disease

You keep saying panic. It’s not panic you’re worried about, it’s quarantine and isolation measures that are recommended by medical experts.

I think putting economic worries over the worry the impact the disease will have on people is selfish and short sighted. Like, I’m sorry your 401k took a hit but it’ll come back. The people who die as a result of COVID-19 or those who can’t get medical attention as a result of a swamped and overloaded medical system aren’t.
Those people who may die from this are too few and not important enough to outweigh the performance of my 401k --- America is the wrong country to expect people to value human life over money..

As long as the percentages are small enough, we can always find a way to rationalize our love of money....and pay lip service to the value of human life when the cameras are on....
Could we extend this to not caring how many die from the air pollution due to over weight, over sized, inefficient vehicles?
60 Million Babies Murdered by Democrats and not one Democrat gave a crap.

No one gives a crap about Biden or Sanders now either. LOL. Another DemTard Plan Fail.

First it was Russian Collusion
Then it was Ukraine Confusion
Now it's Virus Delusion
Did the mothers of those murdered babies file charges yet?

I would think being forced by Democrats to murder your own child would be a major story.....

Can you link us to any cases where a mother pressed any charges against these Democrats?

We shall see. But no one has had something like corona before. so what are the options? let the economy crash, or print more fake money to prop it up? I don't like either option but there are no others, do you have some brilliant solution?

the option would have been to cut the deficit during the "good" times and not double it like Trump did...but too late for that now

what should he have cut from the budget? which line items?

you continue to display your hypocrisy, you claim to be non partisan but every post is a criticism of Trump or republicans,

Trump has been more fiscally responsible than Obama, or than Hillary would have been. Far from where we need to be but at least he has tried. He had to rebuild the military which obozo had let become incapable to even marginally defending this country. Obama let the military crater and still added 9 trillion to the debt. but he did send billions to Iran, so they could fund terrorist attacks and continue building their nuclear arsenal.
He increased deficits. That’s less responsible. He put us in a worse position now that we have a real problem. Get your head out of your ass.

Trump almost doubled the deficits he was handed.

what should he have cut from the budget? which line items?

you continue to display your hypocrisy, you claim to be non partisan but every post is a criticism of Trump or republicans,
How about not increasing spending and not hurting revenue with tax cuts? You are only anti deficit when you can blame dems...

They went down under Obama...those are just the facts...

V5CMSFET5JFSRHRVFJ36BAGTII.jpg

look at 07 vs 09-12, that is the obama legacy. yes they were lower in his second term, the damage had already been done and it was in his second term that he destroyed our military capability. cause and affect, dude.

try to think before posting stuff the defeats your own arguments.

Forum List

Back