Fourth Plea Deal: Former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis reaches plea deal in Georgia election interference case

WASHINGTON — A third attorney who falsely claimed the 2020 election was stolen from then-President Donald Trump by fraud flipped Tuesday and agreed to cooperate in the Georgia criminal case against the ex-commander-in-chief — saying she had “deep remorse” for her actions.

Jenna Ellis, 38, tearfully said she “failed” to do “due diligence” on fraud claims pushed by Trump, 77, in swing states including Georgia — where President Biden beat Trump by fewer than 12,000 votes. She joined former Trump attorneys Sidney Powell and Ken Chesebro in also pleading guilty.

“I relied on others, including lawyers with many more years of experience than I, to provide me with true and reliable information, especially since my role involved speaking to the media and to legislators in various states,” Ellis told Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee in court.

“What I did not do, but should have done your honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true were in fact true. In the frenetic pace of attempting to raise challenges to the election in several states, including Georgia, I failed to do my due diligence.”

Comment:
This looks like a misuse of the rico law.
The charge is "conspiring to overturn the election".
Elections have been contested a lot of times.
I don't recall anyone ever being charged under a rico law.
So, if this is a precedence then it means elections can never be contested again.
This will be a huge win for the corrupt ballot box stuffing election rigging Democrats.
Another weak person willing to rat on Trump to save her own hide.

What she plead guilty to. Per Fox News:

Former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis has pleaded guilty to intentionally interfering in the election process in the state of Georgia.

On Tuesday, Ellis' attorneys informed Judge Scott McAfee that Ellis intended to plead guilty to aiding and abetting false statements in writing, and both were present in a courtroom hearing where a teary-eyed Ellis, 38, read from a prepared typed statement admitting her fault.

Former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis has pleaded guilty to intentionally interfering in the election process in the state of Georgia.

On Tuesday, Ellis' attorneys informed Judge Scott McAfee that Ellis intended to plead guilty to aiding and abetting false statements in writing, and both were present in a courtroom hearing where a teary-eyed Ellis, 38, read from a prepared typed statement admitting her fault.

We are raising a nation of weaklings.

WASHINGTON — A third attorney who falsely claimed the 2020 election was stolen from then-President Donald Trump by fraud flipped Tuesday and agreed to cooperate in the Georgia criminal case against the ex-commander-in-chief — saying she had “deep remorse” for her actions.

Jenna Ellis, 38, tearfully said she “failed” to do “due diligence” on fraud claims pushed by Trump, 77, in swing states including Georgia — where President Biden beat Trump by fewer than 12,000 votes. She joined former Trump attorneys Sidney Powell and Ken Chesebro in also pleading guilty.

“I relied on others, including lawyers with many more years of experience than I, to provide me with true and reliable information, especially since my role involved speaking to the media and to legislators in various states,” Ellis told Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee in court.

“What I did not do, but should have done your honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true were in fact true. In the frenetic pace of attempting to raise challenges to the election in several states, including Georgia, I failed to do my due diligence.”

Comment:
So, if this is a precedence then it means elections can never be contested again.
This will be a huge win for the corrupt ballot box stuffing election rigging lying sacks of crap Democrats.

At this point I'm beyond fed up with all of it. Now I'm a complete constitutional conservative who absolutely hates the democrat party and all it stands for, and moderately hates the do nothing repubs who sit around capitulating to everything the dems want. There isn't a split hair of difference between the two parties, they're all corrupt beyond measure, and I am not 'represented' by any of them. So knowing that I am asking this question from that point of view, why are these fools pleading guilty to anything then? Do none of them have the balls to stand up to any of it?

And another rat bails on the tRumptanic!

At this point I'm beyond fed up with all of it. Now I'm a complete constitutional conservative who absolutely hates the democrat party and all it stands for, and moderately hates the do nothing repubs who sit around capitulating to everything the dems want. There isn't a split hair of difference between the two parties, they're all corrupt beyond measure, and I am not 'represented' by any of them. So knowing that I am asking this question from that point of view, why are these fools pleading guilty to anything then? Do none of them have the balls to stand up to any of it?
They are all weak people taking the easy way out.

If she's not guilty of any wrong doing, then that shouldn't happen. As I said, none of them have the balls to stand up for what's right, so fuck them.
I fought a speeding ticket in court and won.

So what exactly are the 'false statements' that she was accused of 'aiding and abetting'?

And another rat bails on the tRumptanic!

Glad you are enjoying yourself, I pray for the day that this corrupted system is turned around on all of you assholes who are cheering and celebrating the corruption, I hope all of your children and grandchildren and other generations to come from you specifically suffer for your stupidity.

I don't understand how these people are being charged under rico laws.
The prosecution is saying that that the defendant knew that there were no voter fraud crimes and therefore they were "conspiring to overturn the election".
These defendants were forced to choose between a possible prison term and bankruptcy or plead guilty and get probation.
This is really dirty politics.
This is about removing Trump from the 2024 election.
This is Election Rigging.
This is banana republic junta politics.
Dem Voters are too dumb to understand what the Democrat Party is doing to our country.

Comment:
This will be a huge win for the corrupt ballot box stuffing election rigging lying sacks of crap Democrats.
The whole thing is nonsense. Democrats have complained about election fraud over and over again for decades. People have a right to say the election was stolen. It's not against the law, no matter how many times you say it and no matter whether it is true or not.

Glad you are enjoying yourself, I pray for the day that this corrupted system is turned around on all of you assholes who are cheering and celebrating the corruption, I hope all of your children and grandchildren and other generations to come from you specifically suffer for your stupidity.
Yet it is the proven sexual abuser that has 4 indictments and 91 counts against him. So keep wishing bad for me and mine while your Fat Orange Shit Giblet God/King keeps sinking to the bottom!
MAGA MOTHER FUCKER

Comment:
She/they knew they were lying when they tried to overturn the results. If you don't know that by now, you're a fucking idiot.

OMG they broke so many laws I don't know where to begin. You would have to believe they truly believed the election was rigged. You can't believe that. Can you? They would have to be idiots to believe that and based on all the evidence, they didn't believe it. That was going to be their claim no matter what if Trump lost.

So you are so fucking wrong!

If I were the prosecutor/judge, I would tell her I am going to charge her if she doesn't fess up. No half truths. No lawyer speak. Be honest. Explain to us how you and your bosses tried to steal the election.

The whole thing is nonsense. Democrats have complained about election fraud over and over again for decades. People have a right to say the election was stolen. It's not against the law, no matter how many times you say it and no matter whether it is true or not.
Sidney Powell doesn't have the right to break into a voting precinct in the middle of the night and get caught hacking into voting machines. There was a conspiracy to steal the election.

There was also a conspiracy to steal 2000. They got away with it that time. Probably why Trump thought maybe he too would. Republicans rioted to stop the florida recount and get the decision sent to the Supreme Court. It worked. Trump tried to stop the certification of the votes on Jan 6.

Forum List

Back