Fracking

Everyone has an agenda. Let's look at the pros and cons and let's see if it's important

Pro: reduce pollution, increase quality of life, cleaner water and cleaner air
Cons: it's gonna cost a lot of money

If you take out any talk of hidden agendas (or guessing as it's known) the pros outweigh the cons. I understand it's going to cost a lot but I think the cost of doing nothing would cost more, not only in money.

speaking of increasing quality of life, guess you failed to hear those bulbs that have mercury are creating a potential environmental nightmare, huh?

Public, agencies ill-informed of risks
As long as the mercury is contained in the bulb, CFLs are perfectly safe. But eventually, any bulbs — even CFLs — break or burn out, and most consumers simply throw them out in the trash, said Ellen Silbergeld, a professor of environmental health sciences at Johns Hopkins University and editor of the journal Environmental Research.

“This is an enormous amount of mercury that’s going to enter the waste stream at present with no preparation for it,” she said.

Manufacturers and the EPA say broken CFLs should be handled carefully and recycled to limit dangerous vapors and the spread of mercury dust. But guidelines for how to do that can be difficult to find, as Brandy Bridges of Ellsworth, Maine, discovered.

Shining a light on fluorescent bulbs - US news - Environment | NBC News

All this natural gas is not going to help Americans much.

Most of it will be shipped overseas. m

Unless you own stock in those companies this fracking does you no good.

A trade surplus does help us ALL.

my question is how has fracking been aloud? Millions of people have hads their water ruined, yet the oil companies trudge

My question is why do you let people lie too you,and why are you so easily fooled?

Land owners,small business owners,from the barbershop to the electricians,trying to dismiss the economic advantages is really low down and despicable.

You know not what you talk about.

I live right on the boarder with Pa and New York,drive into pa,and you will NOT find a single no Fracking/Drilling sign,nor will you find many real estate for sale signs,drive back into NY and you get a mixed bag on the no drill side,and many homes for sale.The people of NE Pa are not unhappy,new york is just stuck on stupid,The feel good crowd from out of state and the City think they have the right to tell what I can and can't do with my gas thet i bought and paid for,but will anyone of them shut off their gas service?? not !!!

my question is how has fracking been aloud? Millions of people have hads their water ruined, yet the oil companies trudge

My question is why do you let people lie too you,and why are you so easily fooled?

Care to give us the links to those millions who have had their water ruined?

My question is how has Fracking been aloud? Millions of people have hads their water ruined, Yet the oil companies trudge on. For people who support this madness, your reason must be because it creates jobs. But I think we all know this is a corporate lie to win the hearts of the gulable. the human race can live without oil. The only people who cannot (because of there excessive greed) is the oil companies.
As I all hope you know most of these oil companies also have a connection to a media source of some kind. All they have to do is tell the world that oil/natural gas ect. creates jobs, or is the safest energy source or is finding new, cleaner technologies ;and then we are satisfied. As you have seen on that link and the other hundreds of videos is one thing; Fracking ain't good. Poisoning America's water far beyond what any living soul should encounter. If you watch the movie Gasland and other videos/articles you will see. They government doesn't care for us folks. I am very sorry to say. I love my country, but not when corporations are running it. Don't rely on your senator or represenetive or president too fix our problems, do it your self. Think for yourself people.

I would expect that someone who posts here has a reasonable knowledge of the English - or at least uses a spellcheck to try to show a degree of education. I don't mind the subject but I tend not to bother when I see something that appears to come from someone who doesn't know what they're discussing.:eusa_whistle:

I can't belief you hads brought this up it shouldn't be aloud!!!

Land owners,small business owners,from the barbershop to the electricians,trying to dismiss the economic advantages is really low down and despicable.

I live right on the boarder with Pa and New York,drive into pa,and you will NOT find a single no Fracking/Drilling sign,nor will you find many real estate for sale signs,drive back into NY and you get a mixed bag on the no drill side,and many homes for sale.The people of NE Pa are not unhappy,new york is just stuck on stupid,The feel good crowd from out of state and the City think they have the right to tell what I can and can't do with my gas thet i bought and paid for,but will anyone of them shut off their gas service?? not !!!

I don't think you were directing this at me but if so I am all for fracking, even more so since the liberals are going ape shit over someone getting money they are not.

You will never get that magical link,because they can't prove 1 well was contaminated let alone millions.

I don't think you were directing this at me but if so I am all for fracking, even more so since the liberals are going ape shit over someone getting money they are not.

No I didn't,and I think you are onto the real anti fracking agenda,at least here in NY it appears to be part of the equation.

Yeah I'm for fracking too just to piss off liberals! Who needs water besides those dam libs! ....wait

You will never get that magical link,because they can't prove 1 well was contaminated let alone millions.

yet that was your claim.

Yeah I'm for fracking too just to piss off liberals! Who needs water besides those dam libs! ....wait

yeah, doesn't matter that all the claims of fracking itself has caused the wells to be contaminated have been disproved...

yet that was your claim.

Its not a claim when its a proven fact.

just ask the EPA see what they claim.

IN SUMMARY
•
EPA SUPPORTS NATURAL GAS
•
FRACKING IS GENERALLY SAFE, BUT NOT PERFECT
•
OTHER ACTIVITIES AT DRILLING AND PRODUCTION SITES PRESENT MORE RISK OF RELEASE
see page 60 for the above -
http://www.epa.gov/region6/6en/x/workshops/2012-may/presentations/mike-overbay-fracking.pdf

I suggest you do more research.

yeah, doesn't matter that all the claims of fracking itself has caused the wells to be contaminated have been disproved...

Yeah and it also doesn't matter that I linked to Popular Mechanics that says that fracking has cause water pollution and a company had to pay a settlement for doing just that. It also doesn't matter that your claims that it has been disproved are backed up with nothing.
I guess facts don't matter.

Forum List

Back