🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Frank lautenberg

Yes, RIP.

This creates a tricky situation for Governor Christie to select the person to fill Senator Lautenberg's Senate seat.

Yes, RIP.

This creates a tricky situation for Governor Christie to select the person to fill Senator Lautenberg's Senate seat.

maybe

or at least let the body get cold

before it gets politicized

After the military, he graduated from Columbia University with the help of the GI Bill, then joined with two boyhood friends to start payroll processing firm Automatic Data Processing, or ADP, which grew into one of the world's largest computing services companies.

Wow..the things you learn about people after they die.

Did not know that..and I deal with them often.

RIP.

I certainly wouldn't wish death or illness on anyone. But if someone had to go I'm happy it was Frank. He did more to curtail civil rights in this country than almost anyone else.

Lautenberg, the last WWII vet to serve in the Senate, died from viral pneumonia.

Lautenberg was best known for turning law-abiding Americans into felons with the stroke of a pen.

When I filed for divorce a long time ago, the judge handed out routine restraining orders to me and my (now ex-) wife, saying each could not harass, attack, badmouth, commit violence etc. against the other. We both pointed out that there had never been the sightest hint of violence, threat etc. in our marriage. But the judge replied that these orders were routine in divorce cases and would have no real effect in the majority of cases.

I became a felon at that moment. A law sponsored by Frank Lautenberg and passed in 1996, forbids anyone who is under a restraining order that mentions "domestic violence", from owning a gun or even ammunition. I don't know how many thousdands of other people were similarly turned into felons by Mr. Lautenberg. At the same time, thousands of cops had to give up their service revolvers and get stuck on desk jobs.

When the divorce became final, the judge rescinded the orders, again routinely. My son lived with me for the next ten years. I taught him gun safety, how to shoot, how to care for weapons etc. He graduates from Univ. of Calif. next week.

Seven years after the orders were rescinded, the Statues of Limitations on my "crime" finally ran out.

BTW, the People's Republic of California recently passed laws authorizing police to go to the houses of felons in possession of firearms - even people who legally acquired their firearms but later became "felons" - raid their homes, and confiscate all firearms they could find.

I'm glad that Lautenberg is no longer in a position to make felons out of Americans who have done no wrong.

Lautenberg, the last WWII vet to serve in the Senate, died from viral pneumonia.

Lautenberg was best known for turning law-abiding Americans into felons with the stroke of a pen.

When I filed for divorce a long time ago, the judge handed out routine restraining orders to me and my (now ex-) wife, saying each could not harass, attack, badmouth, commit violence etc. against the other. We both pointed out that there had never been the sightest hint of violence, threat etc. in our marriage. But the judge replied that these orders were routine in divorce cases and would have no real effect in the majority of cases.

I became a felon at that moment. A law sponsored by Frank Lautenberg and passed in 1996, forbids anyone who is under a restraining order that mentions "domestic violence", from owning a gun or even ammunition. I don't know how many thousdands of other people were similarly turned into felons by Mr. Lautenberg. At the same time, thousands of cops had to give up their service revolvers and get stuck on desk jobs.

When the divorce became final, the judge rescinded the orders, again routinely. My son lived with me for the next ten years. I taught him gun safety, how to shoot, how to care for weapons etc. He graduates from Univ. of Calif. next week.

Seven years after the orders were rescinded, the Statues of Limitations on my "crime" finally ran out.

BTW, the People's Republic of California recently passed laws authorizing police to go to the houses of felons in possession of firearms - even people who legally acquired their firearms but later became "felons" - raid their homes, and confiscate all firearms they could find.

I'm glad that Lautenberg is no longer in a position to make felons out of Americans who have done no wrong.

It not only affected cops but military also. Dumbest law ever and it's still on the books.

It not only affected cops but military also. Dumbest law ever and it's still on the books.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Probably saved the lives of countless women.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

"Countless" = Zero.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Bullshit, you don't take someone's rights for nothing. A judge simply issuing a restraining order is not a conviction. If a person violates the order, that's a different ball game all together. If you can't see the difference then you're part of the problem.

Wasn't "dumb" at all.

Bullshit, you don't take someone's rights for nothing. A judge simply issuing a restraining order is not a conviction. If a person violates the order, that's a different ball game all together. If you can't see the difference then you're part of the problem.

Plenty of women are killed by men with a beef against them. It generally starts with a restraining order.

Taking a person's gun away, has zero effect to them..and may actually save lives.

The "right" itself is bullshit. It's been corrupted beyond original intent for well over 2 centuries.

Yes, and the Lautenberg Amendment makes it so that anyone who is convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence can never own a gun again, for the rest of their lives. Even though no weapon was used in the domestic violence. Even though it is MISDEMEANOR domestic violence, meaning no one was really injured. Even if it is their first and only offense in their entire life.

So if a young woman and her boyfriend get in an argument and she starts to leave and he grabs her wrists to keep her from going because he "fears" for he safety and she struggles, and in the process of getting free she hits him...she can be convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence and can never own a gun for the rest of her life.

She might be 25 years old when this happens and when she is 89 and living all by herself she can't have a gun for protection.

I'm glad the son of a bitch is dead.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back