Franken should resign....and rather soon

Grudgingly, I would encourage senator Franken to resign.....

Although I think that Franken's bad behavior toward women pales in comparison to Moore's lechery with young teens....and

Although I think that Franken has been an exceptional senator.....

I want him to resign for TWO reasons:

First, the governor of MN is a democrat (Dayton) who would appoint another democrat to fill Franken's seat......

Second, I do NOT want for the surely upcoming ads by democrats for the 2018 midterm run, to be less attacking to republicans for either electing (or almost electing) a pervert like Moore.

In 2018, Moore will be the "poster boy" for everything that is wrong in the Trump swamp....including the orange swamp creature himself.
I don't like what Franken did and I don't excuse it, but it was not an abuse of power. For some reason, he thought he was funny. The kiss thing? You want a man who has served capably as a Senator to lose his position for a kiss during a rehearsal? He was being a total jerk but he was a comedian full of himself and his jerkiness. People elected Franken knowing about his unfunny comedy.
So no more flirty old white male politicians? Because that's all he did was flirt and be a pig. Let his voters decide. Same with Roy Moore constituents

Ps. Hw bush was an ass pincher
Ummm, that wasn't "flirting."
It is NOT THE SAME situation with Moore. I've said it a hundred times and I'm not spelling it out again, but if you take a gander at the allegations against each man, I'm sure you can figure out the differences.
I think it's too bad that Moore is willing to flush the Republican party down the toilet to protect his own ego, but that is exactly the kind of guy who would date minors half his age for several years without making a secret about it. Blind chutzpah.

Frankin was definately flirting. The only difference between what he did and what Donald Trump did with Melania is Melania ended up marrying the dirty old man.

Remember Melania shot don down just like this girl shot Al down. But Don persisted until he got that date. Al persisted until he got that WILLING kiss. She can say she didn't want it now and of course we believe her because look at him and look at her but the fact is she kissed him WILLINGLY. Then afterward on the plane ride home she fell asleep and he kept up with the good old boy bullshit. And she was embarrassed when she saw the picture of her sleeping and that ugly fat old man simulating honking her breasts.

Was his behavior appropriate? The only thing inappropriate was the simulated honking. If you think this is the last dirty old man who's going to hit on a girl half his age, wake the fuck up. We love young women. That's why the age of consent is 18 even if you are 50 years old.

If we want to start a Senate investigation on Franken, we need to do the same with our President

What Trumpenstein admitted to is far worse than what Franken is accused of. There are more women and more incidents in the Trump dossier than Franken's single complaint
Then why didn't we go after bill? No, we have to let trump go. We can't be hypocrites.

Let them investigate Frankenstein. He did nothing.

Clinton was impeached.

Never mind the crazy RWs, there's nothing else there.

I can just see this woman telling Republicans what happened and them helping her make it all out to be a lot worse than it is. She says, "he told me back stage we need to practice the kiss and I said sure". So they spin it that he asked her 3 times until she finally succummed to the pressure because she's a widdow guwl who was helpwess without daddy. Then instead of him kissing her she says he shoved his toung in her mouth.

Threads like this one disgust me and are more evidence that some Democrats continue to fail to understand why we lost elections in the past.

The American people want STRENGTH not sissies who surrender at the very first sense of smoke.

Man up Democrats

Wake up Democrats and fight for Al Franken

On one hand, you have a point.

BUT -- Dems hold themselves to higher standards than Repubs and RWs do. That's simply fact.
Does that higher standards include losing elections and losing power?

Have you learned nothing from the trump error?

The point is why haven't the republicans resigned?

Al Franken's error was tiny

I disagree.
This was clearly a political hit job.
How do I know?
Roger Stone showed his cards the night before "predicting" the news would happen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You mean roger Stone predicted Franken would be outted?

I wonder how much she was paid.

Still --- Cannot be compared to either trump or Moore. One bragged about grabbing pussies and the other assaulted children. That makes them perfect for the RWNJs but, just like the catholic priests, that doesn't mean we should shut up about it.

Threads like this one disgust me and are more evidence that some Democrats continue to fail to understand why we lost elections in the past.

The American people want STRENGTH not sissies who surrender at the very first sense of smoke.

Man up Democrats

Wake up Democrats and fight for Al Franken

On one hand, you have a point.

BUT -- Dems hold themselves to higher standards than Repubs and RWs do. That's simply fact.
Does that higher standards include losing elections and losing power?

Have you learned nothing from the trump error?

The point is why haven't the republicans resigned?

Al Franken's error was tiny

You didn't read my other posts. I agree.

But, my point stands. Look at Weiner. He was driven out when all he had done was send pics. Compare that to Vitter, Santorum and Coburn. Criminal acts and nothing was done.

I am sure that when Anita Hill Called out, Now Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas for gross sexual harassment that those who are now lynch mobbing Franken were calling her an "Opportunistic Slut-Tramp"
can we talk ...
Was there a picture of Clarence Thomas grabbing her tits?

If we want to start a Senate investigation on Franken, we need to do the same with our President

What Trumpenstein admitted to is far worse than what Franken is accused of. There are more women and more incidents in the Trump dossier than Franken's single complaint
Then why didn't we go after bill? No, we have to let trump go. We can't be hypocrites.

Clinton was impeached.

I'm reading up on when Trump met Melania and I found this. LOL

A friend of Melania Trump would later tell the Post,

She ran into Donald just at the right time. She was just about out of money, at the end of her rope and about to move back to Eastern Europe.

We had proof Trump grabs womens pussies
And what woman's pussy did he grab? Let's see your "proof".

You want proof? You can't handle the truth.

16 Women or Donald Trump—Whom Would You Believe?

Seeing their stories together is incredibly powerful, and damning. Watch “16 Women and Donald Trump” now.

16 women who over the course of decades in a broad range of situations encountered the same pattern of manipulation, misogyny, harassment and abuse.

We owe it to these women, and to all women, to hold President Trump to account.

Cathy Heller met Trump at a Mother’s Day brunch in 1997. She tells us he forcibly tried to kiss her. “He took my hand, and grabbed me, and went for the lips.”

Jill Harth was getting a tour of Trump’s home in 1993 when, she tells us, he sexually assaulted her in his daughter Ivanka’s bedroom, “pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again, and I had to physically say: ‘What are you doing? Stop it.’”

Seeing their stories together is incredibly powerful, and damning. Watch “16 Women and Donald Trump” now.

16 women who over the course of decades in a broad range of situations encountered the same pattern of manipulation, misogyny, harassment and abuse.

Cathy Heller met Trump at a Mother’s Day brunch in 1997. She tells us he forcibly tried to kiss her. “He took my hand, and grabbed me, and went for the lips.”

Jill Harth was getting a tour of Trump’s home in 1993 when, she tells us, he sexually assaulted her in his daughter Ivanka’s bedroom, “pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again, and I had to physically say: ‘What are you doing? Stop it.’”

DOYTouAUMAEKNJ6.jpg

DOYTouAUMAEKNJ6.jpg

Your list is old. My list was 16 people. Bet none of them is lying.

I could tell she was lying

And him

Remember not too long ago he called accusations of collusion with Russian officials “a detestable lie,”

That was June. Today is a different story.

“Absolutely. He lied under oath at least twice and most recently, both Carter Page and George Papadopoulos, based on their testimony and their statements, they show that Jeff Sessions contradicted himself when he said he was not aware of any campaign official talking to the Russians. It was clear both Carter Page and George Papadopoulos were doing that, and they let him know they were doing that.”

Sessions previously testified he had no knowledge of a proposed meeting between Russians and Papadopoulos. However, NBC News reported Thursday that Sessions had shut down Papadopoulos’ suggestion to use his Russian contacts to schedule a meeting with Russian leader Vladimir Putin. Separately, it was reported that Page told Sessions he was visiting Moscow in July 2016.

“He committed perjury,” Lieu said. “He should not be in that position.”

Although I think that Franken's bad behavior toward women pales in comparison to Moore's lechery with young teens....and

First, the governor of MN is a democrat (Dayton) who would appoint another democrat to fill Franken's seat......

Second, I do NOT want for the surely upcoming ads by democrats for the 2018 midterm run, to be less attacking to republicans for either electing (or almost electing) a pervert like Moore.

In 2018, Moore will be the "poster boy" for everything that is wrong in the Trump swamp....including the orange swamp creature himself.
I don't like what Franken did and I don't excuse it, but it was not an abuse of power. For some reason, he thought he was funny. The kiss thing? You want a man who has served capably as a Senator to lose his position for a kiss during a rehearsal? He was being a total jerk but he was a comedian full of himself and his jerkiness. People elected Franken knowing about his unfunny comedy.
So no more flirty old white male politicians? Because that's all he did was flirt and be a pig. Let his voters decide. Same with Roy Moore constituents

It is NOT THE SAME situation with Moore. I've said it a hundred times and I'm not spelling it out again, but if you take a gander at the allegations against each man, I'm sure you can figure out the differences.
I think it's too bad that Moore is willing to flush the Republican party down the toilet to protect his own ego, but that is exactly the kind of guy who would date minors half his age for several years without making a secret about it. Blind chutzpah.

Why is it being called "dating"?

I've seen where he called it dating and said he asked the girl's mother. But, so far, I haven't seen were any of the women called it "dating".

He assaulted them when they were children.

Pedophilia is unforgivable. Pedos don't just assault 1 child or 10 children. They never stop and I'd bet there are many many more Moore victims out there. Come to think of it, people who knew him then said they knew what he was.

What did Moore do to teens? I mean, we have proof of Franken's nonsense, zero of Moore's alleged conduct.

Whatever dude. The guy defends men who rape 4 year olds

Moore was the only vote in favor of a day care worker who raped a 4-year-old, claiming there was no ‘implied threat of serious physical injury’.

In 2015, while Moore was serving on the Alabama Supreme Court, he considered the case of Eric Lemont Higdon, a 17-year-old, who was convicted of raping a 4-year-old at a daycare center. Higdon was found guilty under a sodomy statute that applied specifically to minors, as well another statute prohibiting rape. The second conviction was overturned by an appeals court and sent to the state supreme court for review.

Eight justices found that the 4-year-old’s fear of harm from a much older and larger individual was enough to establish “implied threat of serious physical injury” and reinstated Higdon’s conviction. Moore was the only dissent, saying that there was “no evidence in this case of an implied threat of serious physical injury.”

You can see it's all true right here in this Republican paid for commercial

This is what Roy Moore has said about child abuse and sexual assault

Are you saying Republicans commercials aren't 100% truthful?

Clinton was impeached.

I'm reading up on when Trump met Melania and I found this. LOL

A friend of Melania Trump would later tell the Post,

She ran into Donald just at the right time. She was just about out of money, at the end of her rope and about to move back to Eastern Europe.

Remember that when he was saying, on video tape, that he liked to assault women and got away with it - on THAT day, his wife was pregnant and at home in NYC.

Melania heard his vile bragging (confession to serial sexual assaults) the same time the rest of us heard it.

Let that sink in.

It means she knew that what he had done to her was the same as he had done to dozens of others, including children. Listening/watching that video means she knew that when duh donuld said he didn't like her "monstrous" body when she was pregnant, he was bragging and even ogling and planning to assault the woman who met that bus.

Remember when trump was asked 'what if Melania got in an accident and was deformed - would you still love her?' His answer was, 'depends on the breasts'.

Why is it being called "dating"?

I've seen where he called it dating and said he asked the girl's mother. But, so far, I haven't seen were any of the women called it "dating".

He assaulted them when they were children.

Pedophilia is unforgivable. Pedos don't just assault 1 child or 10 children. They never stop and I'd bet there are many many more Moore victims out there. Come to think of it, people who knew him then said they knew what he was.
Pedophilia is reserved for kids under 13. I'm not defending him, but yes he was "dating" a lot of these girls that, as you suggest, we will never hear from.

Liberal feminist explains why Al Franken shouldn’t have to resign over sexual assault charges

In an essay for The Washington Post, which was published Friday, feminist author Kate Harding said that she doesn’t think Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) should have to resign over the sexual assault allegations levied against him by broadcaster Leeann Tweeden.

What did Harding write?
According to Harding — author of “Nasty Women: Feminism, Resistance, and Revolution in Trump’s America” — should Franken lose his Senate seat over allegations of sexual misconduct, it could sabotage the liberal movement at the cost of possibly risking women’s rights.

While she did decry Franken’s purported actions, Harding writes that there are likely other Democrats who have committed infractions similar to those alleged against Franken, and “if we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms.”

“I’m betting that there will be more,” Harding said. “And more after that. And they won’t all come from states with Democratic governors and a deep bench of progressive replacements. Some will, if ousted, have their successors chosen by Republicans.”

Harding said that if Democrats were ousted from governmental roles, it would directly impact women’s rights, as there would be fewer “champions for women’s rights.”

She concluded, “One more empty apology and resignation, one more head on a pike, will not make American women safer or better off. Powerful men lifting up women’s concerns and supporting progressive women candidates, however, could be a real step toward changing the culture that makes victims of so many of us.”

Liberal feminist explains why Al Franken shouldn’t have to resign over sexual assault charges
I'm with her!

Again......Lets not lose track of a very salient point.

If Franken resigns, his seat WILL be filled by another democrat.....
Please remember this.
What about the next guy that Roger Stone attacks?

It's amusing to see how grumpy the Trumptards are getting over this matter because liberals aren't rushing to the defense of Franken in a Trumptard style partisan stampede.

The worst part is like this thread and like what Franken did they put the knife to their own throats and ask Republicans for forgivness and throw themselves at the mercy of republicans. Because they are trying to do things that would stop republicans from calling them names. Like huh? He kissed a chick who agreed but now says she did it under duress, thats fine. Then said the kiss was more than what she expected. Ok. Done. Moore preys on teens even IN school while in his 30's and dems are so fucking eager to please they play let me show you my belly with republicans and fall right into their bullshit trap.

So now, we are literally looking at a Fucking Comedian who kissed a woman and comparing it to a Guy who while a DA tried to fuck a fucking 14 year old and saying we have to treat them the same. IN WHAT FUCKING WORLD ARE THOSE THE SAME??

Ya'll need to cut the shit or get used to losing
Tell 'em again brother!

Forum List

Back