🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Franken should resign....and rather soon

I see once again the far left and their religious dogma are at it again.

Fraken has pictures showing his harassment. Other harassment allegations in another state are subject to he said she said.

But anyone that voted for and supported Hilary Clinton the enabler of a sexual predator, does not really have a leg to stand on when it comes to such subjects!

Maybe you far left drones should have mad your message clear in the 2016 elections and denied Hilary her shot at the presidency.

The left wing of the Democratic party supported Bernie you imbecile.

Liberal feminist explains why Al Franken shouldn’t have to resign over sexual assault charges

In an essay for The Washington Post, which was published Friday, feminist author Kate Harding said that she doesn’t think Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) should have to resign over the sexual assault allegations levied against him by broadcaster Leeann Tweeden.

What did Harding write?
According to Harding — author of “Nasty Women: Feminism, Resistance, and Revolution in Trump’s America” — should Franken lose his Senate seat over allegations of sexual misconduct, it could sabotage the liberal movement at the cost of possibly risking women’s rights.

While she did decry Franken’s purported actions, Harding writes that there are likely other Democrats who have committed infractions similar to those alleged against Franken, and “if we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms.”

“I’m betting that there will be more,” Harding said. “And more after that. And they won’t all come from states with Democratic governors and a deep bench of progressive replacements. Some will, if ousted, have their successors chosen by Republicans.”

Harding said that if Democrats were ousted from governmental roles, it would directly impact women’s rights, as there would be fewer “champions for women’s rights.”

She concluded, “One more empty apology and resignation, one more head on a pike, will not make American women safer or better off. Powerful men lifting up women’s concerns and supporting progressive women candidates, however, could be a real step toward changing the culture that makes victims of so many of us.”

Liberal feminist explains why Al Franken shouldn’t have to resign over sexual assault charges

I see once again the far left and their religious dogma are at it again.

Fraken has pictures showing his harassment. Other harassment allegations in another state are subject to he said she said.

But anyone that voted for and supported Hilary Clinton the enabler of a sexual predator, does not really have a leg to stand on when it comes to such subjects!

Maybe you far left drones should have mad your message clear in the 2016 elections and denied Hilary her shot at the presidency.

The left wing of the Democratic party supported Bernie you imbecile.

See how the far left does not understand how far to the left they are.

And no Hilary was your candidate for president! You far left drones voted for her, no matter how you want to spin it.

Unless you want to admit you had no choices in the last few elections and that they were rigged!

Again......Lets not lose track of a very salient point.

If Franken resigns, his seat WILL be filled by another democrat.....
Please remember this.

I heard Roger Stone had an hour's heads up on this story, the same as he had on Podesta's emails being hacked. Both parties are more than capable of making mountains out of molehills (PUN) but Moore was trying to make it with .... molehills.

If Franken harbored any nascent presidential ambition, the gop nipped that in the bud.

In an essay for The Washington Post, which was published Friday, feminist author Kate Harding said that she doesn’t think Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) should have to resign over the sexual assault allegations levied against him by broadcaster Leeann Tweeden.

What did Harding write?
According to Harding — author of “Nasty Women: Feminism, Resistance, and Revolution in Trump’s America” — should Franken lose his Senate seat over allegations of sexual misconduct, it could sabotage the liberal movement at the cost of possibly risking women’s rights.

While she did decry Franken’s purported actions, Harding writes that there are likely other Democrats who have committed infractions similar to those alleged against Franken, and “if we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms.”

“I’m betting that there will be more,” Harding said. “And more after that. And they won’t all come from states with Democratic governors and a deep bench of progressive replacements. Some will, if ousted, have their successors chosen by Republicans.”

Harding said that if Democrats were ousted from governmental roles, it would directly impact women’s rights, as there would be fewer “champion for women’s rights.”

She concluded, “One more empty apology and resignation, one more head on a pike, will not make American women safer or better off. Powerful men lifting up women’s concerns and supporting progressive women candidates, however, could be a real step toward changing the culture that makes victims of so many of us.”

To look at this from a purely political perspective, I say again purely political,

the only possible reason that Democrats could use to justify NOT resigning in these matters is because they know that Republicans WON'T,

which leaves the Democrats engaging in unilateral disarmament.

again - the purely political perspective.

What did Harding write?

Harding said that if Democrats were ousted from governmental roles, it would directly impact women’s rights, as there would be fewer “champion for women’s rights.”

To look at this from a purely political perspective, I say again purely political,

the only possible reason that Democrats could use to justify NOT resigning in these matters is because they know that Republicans WON'T,

Al Franken has been one of our leaders for womens rights. He will now be an even stronger supporter!

It's amusing to see how grumpy the Trumptards are getting over this matter because liberals aren't rushing to the defense of Franken in a Trumptard style partisan stampede.

The worst part is like this thread and like what Franken did they put the knife to their own throats and ask Republicans for forgivness and throw themselves at the mercy of republicans. Because they are trying to do things that would stop republicans from calling them names. Like huh? He kissed a chick who agreed but now says she did it under duress, thats fine. Then said the kiss was more than what she expected. Ok. Done. Moore preys on teens even IN school while in his 30's and dems are so fucking eager to please they play let me show you my belly with republicans and fall right into their bullshit trap.

So now, we are literally looking at a Fucking Comedian who kissed a woman and comparing it to a Guy who while a DA tried to fuck a fucking 14 year old and saying we have to treat them the same. IN WHAT FUCKING WORLD ARE THOSE THE SAME??

Ya'll need to cut the shit or get used to losing

It's amusing to see how grumpy the Trumptards are getting over this matter because liberals aren't rushing to the defense of Franken in a Trumptard style partisan stampede.

The worst part is like this thread and like what Franken did they put the knife to their own throats and ask Republicans for forgivness and throw themselves at the mercy of republicans. Because they are trying to do things that would stop republicans from calling them names. Like huh? He kissed a chick who agreed but now says she did it under duress, thats fine. Then said the kiss was more than what she expected. Ok. Done. Moore preys on teens even IN school while in his 30's and dems are so fucking eager to please they play let me show you my belly with republicans and fall right into their bullshit trap.

So now, we are literally looking at a Fucking Comedian who kissed a woman and comparing it to a Guy who while a DA tried to fuck a fucking 14 year old and saying we have to treat them the same. IN WHAT FUCKING WORLD ARE THOSE THE SAME??

Exactly

Al Franken is a Democratic HERO!

What did Harding write?

Exactly

Al Franken has been one of our leaders for womens rights. He will now be an even stronger supporter!

Agree.....AND, as someone who has been willing to fall upon his own sword as a manifestation of his honest contrition in resigning, his VOICE as a supporter of women's rights will be LOUDER and more RELEVANT.

Exactly

Al Franken is a Democratic HERO!

True, in everyway he is what all Ds want to be.

Agree.....AND, as someone who has been willing to fall upon his own sword as a manifestation of his honest contrition in resigning, his VOICE as a supporter of women's rights will be LOUDER and more RELEVANT.
Now you're talking!

EDIT ~ Wait, no you are not. You still want him to resign

HELL NO

Grudgingly, I would encourage senator Franken to resign.....

Although I think that Franken's bad behavior toward women pales in comparison to Moore's lechery with young teens....and

Although I think that Franken has been an exceptional senator.....

I want him to resign for TWO reasons:

First, the governor of MN is a democrat (Dayton) who would appoint another democrat to fill Franken's seat......

Second, I do NOT want for the surely upcoming ads by democrats for the 2018 midterm run, to be less attacking to republicans for either electing (or almost electing) a pervert like Moore.

In 2018, Moore will be the "poster boy" for everything that is wrong in the Trump swamp....including the orange swamp creature himself.

What he did was shameful but the real question is whether its the only one or if its something he does often. If it was a one time lapse, I'd give him a pass. Just like the RWNJs and GOP did with Vitter, Santorum, Coburn who are still active in RW politics.

The Dems were right to throw Weiner out.

Bill Clinton really doesn't enter into this because, although it was damn shabby behavior, it was consensual, not the first time she had latched onto an influential man. He was impeached for LYING. Not for the affair. The affair was not and is not the business of the voter or congress. It was and should have been between husband and wife.

Moore. He's like catholic priests. The RWNJs are going to support and protect him because he's fundie, in favor of fundie sharia law taking away basic rights and because it was only little girls that he victimized. To RWNJs, little girls (little boys too, for that matter) are worthless UNLESS its a Dem molesting/raping them. And of course, if they were fetuses, the earth would likely fall out of its orbit.

Same thing with Weinstein - The RWNJs jumped on that for only one reason. Whether or not its true, they believe that anyone and everyone in Hollywood is a liberal. Therefore, they are against Weinstein. All he has to do is give money to the trump re-election campaign, and the RWNJs will canonize him.

Edited to add the obvious -- Look who the RWNJs voted into the WH.

Threads like this one disgust me and are more evidence that some Democrats continue to fail to understand why we lost elections in the past.

The American people want STRENGTH not sissies who surrender at the very first sense of smoke.

Man up Democrats

Wake up Democrats and fight for Al Franken

I have seen the following prank played successfully on a sleeping person ...you sneak up with shaving foam can and put some on the palm of the person sleeping in a way as to not awaken the person. You then use a feather to lightly tickle the victim's nose / face. The sleeper reaches to his/her face with palm full of foam and that awakens them ...that and everybody laughing out-loud yuck yuck ...the sleeper has been made "the butt of a joke " so all are laughing at the sleeper's expense...If you do that to the right adult person who is your co worker on the job with you out of town there may well be a proper HR complaint against you .

I see the photo shot of Franken in that same light as the above described prank with the aggravate of there being a sexual angle to the prank. It seems clear that making your co worker the butt of a sexual prank is grossly inappropriate and offensive and unavoidably wrong. Franken has done the proper thing by apologizing both directly and via a detailed explanation of himself . Other than that he limits himself to saying he recollects the other part of the complaint against him differently namely that he groped and kissed Leann Tweeden forcibly . No rhetorical attacks of any kind on Tweeden ...very different from Roy Moore and Donald Trump..

Roger Stone ET Al are trying to make this out to be "Al Franken is a sex pervert " ...preposterous

Last edited:
Grudgingly, I would encourage senator Franken to resign.....

Although I think that Franken's bad behavior toward women pales in comparison to Moore's lechery with young teens....and

Although I think that Franken has been an exceptional senator.....

I want him to resign for TWO reasons:

First, the governor of MN is a democrat (Dayton) who would appoint another democrat to fill Franken's seat......

Second, I do NOT want for the surely upcoming ads by democrats for the 2018 midterm run, to be less attacking to republicans for either electing (or almost electing) a pervert like Moore.

In 2018, Moore will be the "poster boy" for everything that is wrong in the Trump swamp....including the orange swamp creature himself.
I don't like what Franken did and I don't excuse it, but it was not an abuse of power. For some reason, he thought he was funny. The kiss thing? You want a man who has served capably as a Senator to lose his position for a kiss during a rehearsal? He was being a total jerk but he was a comedian full of himself and his jerkiness. People elected Franken knowing about his unfunny comedy.

Forum List

Back