Fred Phelps, Friend of the Gays

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

The PC Police would be smart to read this short piece:

Fred Phelps, Friend of the Gays - The Daily Beast

It points out what should be obvious: Allowing nutcases to say precisely what they're thinking as loudly and as often as possible is a good thing. From the piece:

So while many activists said the best thing to do was ignore Phelps— “don’t give him any more attention than he deserves,” they said—I always wanted to shine a big, bright light on him. The more he was the face of the anti-equality movement, the better. Ted Nugent’s got nothing on him.

Smart, smart man. I only wish the PC Police would understand this. They'd have to get over themselves first, so I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, how dare the "PC" police point out that showing up at the funeral of a Marine who gave his life for this country with signs reading "God Hates Fags" is beyond contemptable.

When the Nazis wanted to march in Skokie, Columnist Mike Royko had a great suggestion. Let them do it, but no police protection and no one gets held accoutable for the aftermath.

Phelps and his boys would have tried their bullshit.. once.

The advantage to letting nuts run a movement is that they say unbelievable things and sort of break ideological trail and take the heat for more calculating people to advance an agenda.

Sometimes it works, the tea party succeeded far beyond my expectations with nutballs like Palin and Bachman leading the way. We didn't get the libertarian pipedreams they fed the nation but we did get a lot of voting movement to the right.

Yes, how dare the "PC" police point out that showing up at the funeral of a Marine who gave his life for this country with signs reading "God Hates Fags" is beyond contemptable.

When the Nazis wanted to march in Skokie, Columnist Mike Royko had a great suggestion. Let them do it, but no police protection and no one gets held accoutable for the aftermath.

As I said, they'll have to get over themselves first.

As I said, they'll have to get over themselves first.

If someone I cared about died for this country, and some bible thumping asshole showed up with a "God Hates Fags" sign, I'd have beaten them within an inch of their life.

You know, sometimes behavior is so obnoxious that it deserves a response.

Forum List

Back