Free Officer Michael Slager

You need to go back to your link and look at what US Law says.

From your link:
"U.S. law
Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[2]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[3]
Fleeing felons may be followed into places not open to the public without a warrant if the officer is in "hot pursuit.[4] Deadly force that is executed by a co-defendant against an accomplice is not justified by the fleeing felon rule."
I "need" do nothing whatsoever. All you've done is recite my link confirming my point.

"deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others"

Absolutely not. Nothing he did that night constitutes a thread to the officer or others. They knew exactly who he was and where he lived.
No, fish do not know how to swim. Absolutely not. Pheeeew ! (high-pitched whistle)-

Hahahahaha what a dope
That's what they all say - right before the mug shots. Your laughs richochet right in your face.

LMAO!!!! Too funny! Did the poor old man get abused?

If you are so thin skinned that arguing with you or calling you stupid causes you "psychological injury", you shouldn't be on USMB.

And exactly what part of 825.102 did he violate?

"The 2017 Florida Statutes
600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 825
ABUSE, NEGLECT, AND EXPLOITATION OF ELDERLY PERSONS AND DISABLED ADULTS View Entire Chapter
825.102 Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult; penalties.—
(1) “Abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult” means:
(a) Intentional infliction of physical or psychological injury upon an elderly person or disabled adult;
(b) An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or psychological injury to an elderly person or disabled adult; or
(c) Active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or psychological injury to an elderly person or disabled adult.
A person who knowingly or willfully abuses an elderly person or disabled adult without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) “Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult” occurs when a person:
(a) Commits aggravated battery on an elderly person or disabled adult;
(b) Willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages, an elderly person or disabled adult; or
(c) Knowingly or willfully abuses an elderly person or disabled adult and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult.
A person who commits aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3)(a) “Neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult” means:
1. A caregiver’s failure or omission to provide an elderly person or disabled adult with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the elderly person’s or disabled adult’s physical and mental health, including, but not limited to, food, nutrition, clothing, shelter, supervision, medicine, and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the elderly person or disabled adult; or
2. A caregiver’s failure to make a reasonable effort to protect an elderly person or disabled adult from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.
Neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult may be based on repeated conduct or on a single incident or omission that results in, or could reasonably be expected to result in, serious physical or psychological injury, or a substantial risk of death, to an elderly person or disabled adult.

(b) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects an elderly person or disabled adult and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(c) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects an elderly person or disabled adult without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."
1. Already answered in previous posts.

2. Anything offensive speech to elderly is punishable under 825.102. Thinskinned irrelevant.

Bullshit! Nothing in 825.102 covers you being called a "Dumbass". If you consider that "Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult", then he was right.

From your link:
"U.S. law
Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[2]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

Fleeing felons may be followed into places not open to the public without a warrant if the officer is in "hot pursuit.[4] Deadly force that is executed by a co-defendant against an accomplice is not justified by the fleeing felon rule."
I "need" do nothing whatsoever. All you've done is recite my link confirming my point.

"deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others"

Absolutely not. Nothing he did that night constitutes a thread to the officer or others. They knew exactly who he was and where he lived.
No, fish do not know how to swim. Absolutely not. Pheeeew ! (high-pitched whistle)-

Scott fought to flee. He was not a threat to go attack anyone. If there were the slightest chance this defense would have worked, his lawyer would have tried it. Well, his second lawyer would have tried it. His first lawyer quit after more videos surfaced.

Slager pleaded guilty. He did so to avoid a murder conviction.

Hahahahaha what a dope
That's what they all say - right before the mug shots. Your laughs richochet right in your face.

If you are so thin skinned that arguing with you or calling you stupid causes you "psychological injury", you shouldn't be on USMB.

600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 825
ABUSE, NEGLECT, AND EXPLOITATION OF ELDERLY PERSONS AND DISABLED ADULTS View Entire Chapter
825.102 Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult; penalties.—
(a) Intentional infliction of physical or psychological injury upon an elderly person or disabled adult;
(b) An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or psychological injury to an elderly person or disabled adult; or
(c) Active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or psychological injury to an elderly person or disabled adult.
A person who knowingly or willfully abuses an elderly person or disabled adult without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) “Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult” occurs when a person:
(b) Willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages, an elderly person or disabled adult; or
(c) Knowingly or willfully abuses an elderly person or disabled adult and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult.
A person who commits aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

1. A caregiver’s failure or omission to provide an elderly person or disabled adult with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the elderly person’s or disabled adult’s physical and mental health, including, but not limited to, food, nutrition, clothing, shelter, supervision, medicine, and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the elderly person or disabled adult; or
2. A caregiver’s failure to make a reasonable effort to protect an elderly person or disabled adult from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.
Neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult may be based on repeated conduct or on a single incident or omission that results in, or could reasonably be expected to result in, serious physical or psychological injury, or a substantial risk of death, to an elderly person or disabled adult.

(b) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects an elderly person or disabled adult and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(c) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects an elderly person or disabled adult without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."

2. Anything offensive speech to elderly is punishable under 825.102. Thinskinned irrelevant.

And thin skinned does not even BEGIN to cover calling the cops because someone called you a "dumbass". I would think even "cowardly pussy" would not even reach the depths to which you have sunk. Luckily, the Hillsborough County Sheriffs are, no doubt, laugh about your call.

Go file a complaint, protectionist, and you will be laughed out of the office.

I am curious, protectionist, what exactly do you expect to happen because of your call to the Hillsborough Sheriffs Dept?

I believe he threatened to call the cops on me. I invited him to do so. I live in Georgia. Not exactly the other side of the world from Florida. Georgia laws don’t prohibit me from calling someone an idiot. Federal Law which would cover interstate activity does not prohibit it either.

I haven’t seen any cops arriving in the SWAT van to take me away.

Hahahahaha what a dope

600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 825

Bullshit! Nothing in 825.102 covers you being called a "Dumbass". If you consider that "Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult", then he was right.
For your edification, there are dozens of Florida inmates serving prison time right now for 825.102, for the slightest of offenses. Less than what you've said here.

Wanna get away from the snow & ice ? You might wanna bypass Florida. Very protective of seniors here. :arrow::biggrin:

U

From your link:
"U.S. law

Scott fought to flee. He was not a threat to go attack anyone. If there were the slightest chance this defense would have worked, his lawyer would have tried it. Well, his second lawyer would have tried it. His first lawyer quit after more videos surfaced.

Slager pleaded guilty. He did so to avoid a murder conviction.
From POLITICAL railroading, as I mentioned in the OP. Nothing's changed. Ho hum.

And anyone who fights with a cop is a violent felon, thereby a threat to the community.

Some people have to be told twice (or is it 3 now ?) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I believe he threatened to call the cops on me. I invited him to do so. I live in Georgia. Not exactly the other side of the world from Florida. Georgia laws don’t prohibit me from calling someone an idiot. Federal Law which would cover interstate activity does not prohibit it either.

Maybe they'll arrive at 4 am. Better go to bed with your clothes on. :biggrin::420:

Maybe they'll arrive at 4 am. Better go to bed with your clothes on. :biggrin::420:

You actually expect them to come and ARREST him for calling you a "dumbass"? Really?

And exactly what part of law do you think he violated?

You actually expect them to come and ARREST him for calling you a "dumbass"? Really?

And exactly kwhat part of law do you think he violated?
I don't respond to mindless REPETITION

And exactly kwhat part of law do you think he violated?
I don't respond to mindless REPETITION

No, you never answered it. You talked about how there are people in prison for doing less, which I say is bullshit.

Besides, the claims you made in your posts prove you are a dumbass. Gonna call the cops now, Snowflake?

We should ALL agree with Protectionist! Free Officer Michael Slager!

Otherwise the Hillsborough Sheriffs dept will have us arrested for disagreeing with a senior citizen!!

Hahahahaha what a dope

600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 825

For your edification, there are dozens of Florida inmates serving prison time right now for 825.102, for the slightest of offenses. Less than what you've said here.

Wanna get away from the snow & ice ? You might wanna bypass Florida. Very protective of seniors here. :arrow::biggrin:
But not, you idiot, for calling you an old, senile idiot online in an anonymous board situation.

You are not a felon until convicted.
If what you state were as factual as you seem to think it is the cop wouldn't be behind bars to begin with...DUMBASS
1. The Hillsborough county Sheriffs Dept have been contacted about your violation of Florida Statute 825.102, and they will be contacting USMB admin for your info.

2. As for your comment about "wouldn't be behind bars to begin with" that was refuted some time ago, in the OP. Ho hum.

3. And you're a felon the moment you commit a felony.

Strike 1.......Strike 2.......Strike 3

Gramps was wrong. You're not a dumbass. You're a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back