Free speech is too dangerous to continue?

Zuckerberg admitted they complied with the government pressure to suppress information that turned out to be absolutely correct but was inconvenient/embarrassing to the Democrats.

And a small minority of communication organizations were able to get good information out there.

John Kerry wants to shut down that small minority and give the government the power to dictate the message that the media/social media et al is allowed to provide.

Again are you good with that if the Democrats are out of power?
Zuckerberg said they made the decision themselves and did not always do what the government told them to do. This issue is about COVID, not about politics.

John Kerry hasn't said anything of the sort and you're just fabricating meaning that isn't there. This is how disinformation spreads.

Zuckerberg said they made the decision themselves and did not always do what the government told them to do. This issue is about COVID, not about politics.

John Kerry hasn't said anything of the sort and you're just fabricating meaning that isn't there. This is how disinformation spreads.
still spreading disinformation I see,,

he admitted he did it because of what they told him,,

No, you've decided what "reality" should be and any deviation from that is "disinformation". You'll quote CNN, Raw Story and kos all day believing it to be true. I'll never quote FOX or any MSM crap.
When MAGA keeps repeating fake crap over and over again, it's worrisome. It's worse when it's just so obviously false.

Hell, we have posters on here who were going on and on about Harris wearing bluetooth earrings.

They shouldn’t lie about it. It is not unethical or illegal to convict people who have committed crimes.
But the Democrats would love to prevent any of us from saying so when we are quite certain those they are convicting are not receiving due process or Constitutional protections.

Are you in favor of that?

But the Democrats would love to prevent any of us from saying so when we are quite certain those they are convicting are not receiving due process or Constitutional protections.

Are you in favor of that?
Your certainty does not mean it's actually true. You are probably a victim of disinformation regarding this topic.

You're fabricating what the Democrats want and don't want.

Whether it is about COVID or a laptop from hell or a stolen election or any other subject in the body politic that the government has told the media what they should report and what what they shouldn't, the principle is the same.

Who should have the power to decide what is and what is not disinformation? What is and is not harmful? You are doing everything in the book to avoid answering that question.

Your certainty does not mean it's actually true. You are probably a victim of disinformation regarding this topic.

You're fabricating what the Democrats want and don't want.
Why won't you answer the question regardless of what the subject is?

Who should have the power to dictate what is and is not disinformation?

Whether it is about COVID or a laptop from hell or a stolen election or any other subject in the body politic that the government has told the media what they should report and what what they shouldn't, the principle is the same.

Who should have the power to decide what is and what is not disinformation? What is and is not harmful? You are doing everything in the book to avoid answering that question.
We all decide what is and isn't disinformation. No one can or is trying to make that decision for you.

When government enforces any standard on what can and can't be said, you might have a point. That's not happened here. Zuckerberg said clearly that Facebook made their own decisions and did not have to comply. This matter even came before SCOTUS and was overturned as there was no evidence that government enforced anything.

Was not an issue in 2020 as it had been thoroughly debunked.
You true believers were still touting it as was USMESSAGEBOARD, itself

All the false dossier (and false Covid) information was treated as real and the posts questioning either were moved into the conspiracy section

We all decide what is and isn't disinformation. No one can or is trying to make that decision for you.

When government enforces any standard on what can and can't be said, you might have a point. That's not happened here. Zuckerberg said clearly that Facebook made their own decisions and did not have to comply. This matter even came before SCOTUS and was overturned as there was no evidence that government enforced anything.
The point is Kerry, Kamala, and some others WANT to make suppression of 'disinformation' enforceable. And of course the Democrats will decide what is and is not disinformation. That's what this thread is about. Do you support that?

You true believers were still touting it as was USMESSAGEBOARD, itself

All the false dossier (and false Covid) information was treated as real and the posts questioning either were moved into the conspiracy section
Sure, dude. You really believe that?

The point is Kerry, Kamala, and some others WANT to make suppression of 'disinformation' enforceable. And of course the Democrats will decide what is and is not disinformation. That's what this thread is about. Do you support that?
Show a statement of Kamala Harris saying anything of the sort.

John Kerry says First Amendment is the enemy, as elites try to stamp out free speech (nypost.com)

I'm getting close to 80 years old. I don't remember anything in my early schooling about free speech being dangerous. I do recall that in the Former Soviet Union, East Germany, and Mao Tse Tung's China, free speech that criticized the status quo was criminalized and punished severely to discourage wayward thinking that might upset the power structure. The people who instructed me in say, about 1962 when the Cuban Missile Crisis happened, were all survivors of the Great Depression and World War 2. They seemed to go on ad nauseam about how important it was to think and speek freely. A steady drumbeat would leave their lips about how lucky we were to be living in a place where even speech that challenged the government was allowed. These were very different people from what is in control of my home city in New Hampshire today.

My city in New Hampshire has become a very liberal, very woke, place. Those in charge of publishing and editing the local newspaper, the academic rat's nest that leads the centrally located liberal arts college, and the little rodent that hosts the daily morning radio program are public relations for everything those Depression era survivors warned us about all those years ago. You can't say bad things about special people who are trying to do good! That's why free speech that exposes flaws is dangerous! Like the Soviets, East Germans, and the Mao's new China, these people are trying to build a better world! And saying things against it is not only treachery, it's an insurrection!

That's why Donald Trump has to be charged with crimes against the state! The state is good and it is trying to do good things for the people just like the Soviets, East Germans, and Mao's gangs were trying to do! We MAGA fools are apparently too ignorant to grasp the superior thinking taking place today that lays bare the lies we were told when Castro was aiming nuclear warheads at us! Those old teachers in our schools were telling us pack of lies when they told us to protect at all costs the free speech Donald Trump is using! They had to be lying because otherwise Donald Trump could say whatever he wanted and the people could make up their own minds if they wanted to listen! But just like the Soviets, East Germans, and Mao, the government is taking steps to shield us against Donald Trump's dangerous misuse of free speech! See? It's all for our own good!

You know, I have always been leery of people doing things for my own good. The city will go for Harris and walz there is no question about that. The rest of the state? There might be a faint glimmer of hope there.
1727977456115.png

John Kerry says First Amendment is the enemy, as elites try to stamp out free speech (nypost.com)

I'm getting close to 80 years old. I don't remember anything in my early schooling about free speech being dangerous. I do recall that in the Former Soviet Union, East Germany, and Mao Tse Tung's China, free speech that criticized the status quo was criminalized and punished severely to discourage wayward thinking that might upset the power structure. The people who instructed me in say, about 1962 when the Cuban Missile Crisis happened, were all survivors of the Great Depression and World War 2. They seemed to go on ad nauseam about how important it was to think and speek freely. A steady drumbeat would leave their lips about how lucky we were to be living in a place where even speech that challenged the government was allowed. These were very different people from what is in control of my home city in New Hampshire today.

My city in New Hampshire has become a very liberal, very woke, place. Those in charge of publishing and editing the local newspaper, the academic rat's nest that leads the centrally located liberal arts college, and the little rodent that hosts the daily morning radio program are public relations for everything those Depression era survivors warned us about all those years ago. You can't say bad things about special people who are trying to do good! That's why free speech that exposes flaws is dangerous! Like the Soviets, East Germans, and the Mao's new China, these people are trying to build a better world! And saying things against it is not only treachery, it's an insurrection!

That's why Donald Trump has to be charged with crimes against the state! The state is good and it is trying to do good things for the people just like the Soviets, East Germans, and Mao's gangs were trying to do! We MAGA fools are apparently too ignorant to grasp the superior thinking taking place today that lays bare the lies we were told when Castro was aiming nuclear warheads at us! Those old teachers in our schools were telling us pack of lies when they told us to protect at all costs the free speech Donald Trump is using! They had to be lying because otherwise Donald Trump could say whatever he wanted and the people could make up their own minds if they wanted to listen! But just like the Soviets, East Germans, and Mao, the government is taking steps to shield us against Donald Trump's dangerous misuse of free speech! See? It's all for our own good!

You know, I have always been leery of people doing things for my own good. The city will go for Harris and walz there is no question about that. The rest of the state? There might be a faint glimmer of hope there.

It's not all together clear what point you're making here. The nature of free speech has changed not the principle. Today it is easy to express opinions to millions of people instantly and anonymously using "social media".

Some - like Trump - take full advantage of that and say what some want to hear, Trump cares not for truth but for effect 0 if he can get X by lying then he'll lie, he's that basic.

Did you ever try criticizing Israel in the 1960s? Likely not, that and several other subjects are taboo and have been for many many years.

It's not all together clear what point you're making here. The nature of free speech has changed not the principle. Today it is easy to express opinions to millions of people instantly and anonymously using "social media".

Some - like Trump - take full advantage of that and say what some want to hear, Trump cares not for truth but for effect 0 if he can get X by lying then he'll lie, he's that basic.

Did you ever try criticizing Israel in the 1960s? Likely not, that and several other subjects are taboo and have been for many many years.
It is well known that you Muslims hate free speech.

It is well known that you Muslims hate free speech.
As do Republicans

It amazes me how so many Americans do not grasp that the political parties are largely just implementers of policies on behalf of powerful lobbying interests. neither party gives a f**k about us.

Forum List

Back