Free Speech or Forced Speech?

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
In the cake debate over Homosexual marriages the debate continues.

Most Bakeries are owned and operated by Christians for very small profits. Mostly it just provides a job.
Which because of their lack of capital reserves, have been targeted by homosexual militants seeking to force them to decorate cakes with messages they do not agree with for religious beliefs.

In this case...the homosexual community was trying to force Christians to say something they didn't believe in. And the courts upheld the Christians rights against Coerced Speech.

If only the same would be true here in America...

Most Bakeries are owned and operated by Christians for very small profits. Mostly it just provides a job.
Which because of their lack of capital reserves, have been targeted by homosexual militants seeking to force them to decorate cakes with messages they do not agree with for religious beliefs.

In this case...the homosexual community was trying to force Christians to say something they didn't believe in. And the courts upheld the Christians rights against Coerced Speech.

Homos used to claim they only wanted to be left alone to do disgusting things to each other in private

but not anymore

Considering the fact that sexual irregulars make up a tiny percentage of the total population (unsocialized females excluded), the power of the Gay Mafia is simply incredible.

Couldn't agree more.

But let me ask you - should internet sites like FB, Twitter, etc... be subject to coerced speech? Should they be forced to host posts they disagree with, or believe to be misleading?

Absolutely agree...
Now they want endorsement and preference over everything and everyone.
Some do, some don't care. Mostly this kind of approach to civil rights is a progressive thing, not anything endemic among gays. It's tied up in the liberal confusion over what equal rights mean. Some of them are ready to dismiss with actual equal rights under the law, in exchange for forced equal treatment in society. Those are different things, and largely contradictory.

Couldn't agree more.

But let me ask you - should internet sites like FB, Twitter, etc... be subject to coerced speech? Should they be forced to host posts they disagree with, or believe to be misleading?
Those things are public platforms...not anywhere near the same thing. They are a bulletin board.

But it's very similar to trying to find a Christian writer and self publisher to write a book extolling the virtues of homosexuality...it's not going to happen. The author doesn't believe in the practice.

Bakers and cake decorators create art.

No one usually buys a cake to celebrate their 35th abortion.

edkdkkrkrkr.jpeg

Yep. Pretty much what i figured. "it's different when we do it."
Not hardly anything near the same thing.

It's coerced speech.

This public platform has rules you agreed to when you signed up. You either follow them or get kicked out of the place. Similar to social media but different because of the nature of it's use of government protection. In turn so long as criminality is not being promoted...free use.
I don't have to look at postings that offend my morality and I certainly am not going to be coerced into posting anything that violates my morality. Which is essentially what the homosexual community is demanding that the bakers do.

Not hardly anything near the same thing.

It's coerced speech.
It's the same thing. In both cases people want to use the government to force businesses to submit to their demands.

Everyone should have the right to say no, for whatever reason they want, whether they're in the "public square" or not, regardless of whether you like their reasons or not

It's the same thing. In both cases people want to use the government to force businesses to submit to their demands.

Everyone should have the right to say no, for whatever reason they want, whether they're in the "public square" or not, regardless of whether you like their reasons or not
In the case of Twitter and Facebook it was about limiting political speech. Which the first amendment laws clearly apply to. Which they don't have a right to limit.

A bakery is a PRIVATE enterprise.

Huge difference. No contractual obligations whatsoever.

A private contractor is not subject to Federal wage regulations if they don't do business with the government on any jobs.

Same with the Bakery.

Not in the case with Twitter or Facebook. They are subject to the laws because they are engaged with Federal Government to promote free speech... especially political speech like the constitution protects and can not limit.

It essentially was the same as closing down all talk radio stations that had republican programs. Totally unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back