Free? That Is A Laugh.

Free? That Is A Laugh.

Nonsense.

There is no 'Constitutional right' to not have electricity or clean water.

Citizens are subject to all manner of necessary, proper, and appropriate regulatory policies, including having access to an approved water supply.

It's therefore ridiculous and ignorant to maintain that such requirements somehow 'undermine' freedom.

I have no problem requiring that all residential properties meet requirements of sanitation and the like.

But to require that a homeowner be connected to a municipal water line?? No, that is beyond reason.

Yes, he did. Should he have simply accepted that his son was murdered by federal agents?

There are numerous problems with the assault the feds mounted against the Weavers. That you dismiss any problems, simply because you claim they are Nazis, says far more about you than about me.

The only problem was that they Molly-coddled these Nazis for as long as they did. They should have napalmed the whole compound.

The woman in the linked article was not fined for her waste disposal. She was not told she had to find a proper way to do so. She was fined for nopt being connected to the local water line.

EXACTLY. It has nothing to do with health or logic or sustainability or freedom, it has to do with taxation and control.

The woman in the linked article was not fined for her waste disposal. She was not told she had to find a proper way to do so. She was fined for nopt being connected to the local water line.

EXACTLY. It has nothing to do with health or logic or sustainability or freedom, it has to do with taxation and control.

Yes, they actually have city codes, which were agreed upon by the community and enacted for good reasons, and she was ignoring them because she was a nut.

Yes, he did. Should he have simply accepted that his son was murdered by federal agents?

There are numerous problems with the assault the feds mounted against the Weavers. That you dismiss any problems, simply because you claim they are Nazis, says far more about you than about me.

The only problem was that they Molly-coddled these Nazis for as long as they did. They should have napalmed the whole compound.

You are an idiot, a liar and a troll. Not worth my time.

Indeed it does. I understand requirements for sanitation and safety. That would require certain ends, but would not label and require the means.

To order citizens to attach to the grid or else is utter BS. If she can produce her own power then she should have that right to do so............................

It is abuse of power..............Tried to find the article, but a local near our home was ordered to take down a windmill that he was using to create power for his home. Saying his homemade windmill turbine was illegal. The courts ordered him to take it down after the power company went after them.

Reminds me of Saraland and Satsuma Alabama's fight with their own local Gov't who installed a new Sewer system throughout the cities and required payment of the citizens per foot of installed sewage lines to pay for it. Causing major financial strife to those who couldn't afford the bill, aka tax, on installation of sewage lines on their property.............Some risked losing their homes as a result of the sewage system install.............Corrupt leaders of the cities were thrown out of office later for the Shit storm they created.

There was a similar story, pretty sure it was Tampa, Florida, about a couple who got fined for putting in a vegetable garden in their front yard.

There was a similar story, pretty sure it was Tampa, Florida, about a couple who got fined for putting in a vegetable garden in their front yard.

There are actually numerous places that do not allow gardens, especially in front yards. You can have an expanse of grass that you pour chemicals on, but you cannot have a food source there. lol

Yes, they actually have city codes, which were agreed upon by the community and enacted for good reasons, and she was ignoring them because she was a nut.

Why was she a nut? Please explain.....

Here is the actual code. If she has an approved private approved water system, ie septic system and water well, she does not need to be connected to a utility-
IPMC 505.1 General: “Every sink, lavatory, bathtub or shower, drinking fountain, water closet or other plumbing fixture shall be properly connected to either a public water system or to an approved private water system. All kitchen sinks, lavatories, laundry facilities, bathtubs and showers shall be supplied with hot or tempered and cold running water in accordance with the International Plumbing Code.

Free? That Is A Laugh.

Nonsense.

Citizens are subject to all manner of necessary, proper, and appropriate regulatory policies, including having access to an approved water supply.

It's therefore ridiculous and ignorant to maintain that such requirements somehow 'undermine' freedom.

I have no problem requiring that all residential properties meet requirements of sanitation and the like.

But to require that a homeowner be connected to a municipal water line?? No, that is beyond reason.

In the end, she was found not guilty of not having a proper sewer or electrical system; but was guilty of not being hooked up to an approved water supply."

That's the same thing Obama has done to support Big Insurance companies by making it illegal to not have health insurance....

Living off the grid may also involve running generators for power, solar panels will only do so much. Lots of generators running is going to be at odds with the Earth friendly theme.

Windmills combined with solar and battery banks make it possible if you're careful.
Personally I would prefer an electrical hook up or a generator supplemented by renewables.
I'm not interested in the green part of it so much as the the idea of being independent if things go south.

Agree on that. I hope that Elon Musk's batteries actually do become individual off the grid home energy systems.

There are actually numerous places that do not allow gardens, especially in front yards. You can have an expanse of grass that you pour chemicals on, but you cannot have a food source there. lol
Florida has lots of hoa's and when you buy or rent in these communities, you agree to their rules. We live in a somewhat rural area where we will never be faced with that. We have our own septic and water well. The county wanted to force their water and sewer on all 45,000 of us a couple of years ago, but the backlash was so strong they backed off. They wanted $10 grand for the hook up and another $10-12 grand from house to street.

Ah Orlando. Wasn't an HOA though, was city ordinance: College Park couple says front yard vegetable garden is under fire again News - Home

They're apparently going to vote on if the folks have to uproot their garden and plant a lawn. I'm pretty sure the city rule was something like over 25% of the front yard cannot be over 6" tall or something stupid like that. I saw pictures of their garden on one report and it looked real nice, had crushed stone pathways in a grid pattern.

That'd be pretty ridiculous in my part of Colorado. Off-grid living is a reality for at least 20% of residents in Southern Colorado, especially a lot of ranches that've been here forever.
Native American Indian ranchers?

Yes, my neighbor and close friend is a Navajo. We took the fence down between our properties last years so our animals would have a much bigger pasture.

Here is the actual code. If she has an approved private approved water system, ie septic system and water well, she does not need to be connected to a utility-
IPMC 505.1 General: “Every sink, lavatory, bathtub or shower, drinking fountain, water closet or other plumbing fixture shall be properly connected to either a public water system or to an approved private water system. All kitchen sinks, lavatories, laundry facilities, bathtubs and showers shall be supplied with hot or tempered and cold running water in accordance with the International Plumbing Code.

Free? That Is A Laugh.

Nonsense.

So it really does boil down to a health issue.

"All kitchen sinks, lavatories, laundry facilities, bathtubs and showers shall be supplied with hot or tempered and cold running water in accordance with the International Plumbing Code."

I would question this bit being a health issue. I don't think a lack of running hot water counts, and if she was collecting rainwater through any kind of tubes, pipes, or routing method it would technically be "running water."

My house is on a rural extension of the power grid (basically serves 10 houses on our street) so we're a real low priority to repair during major outages. I'm on well/septic and I've gone without power for as long as two weeks and it wasn't 'too' bad. We heated snow and bottle water on the wood stove to 'bathe' and make my husband's coffee, and we used snow and rainwater to flush the toilets (gravity feed so we don't need power for our septic system.)

Coddled? lmao Objecting to a 14 year old being shot in the back by agents who have no visible ID or isignia and who have not identified themselves? If you consider that "coddling", your ideas of what we can allow LEOs to do is very warped.

Joey is a pure authoritarian...nothing the police do, no matter HOW egregious, is too much...as long as they do it to the "right" people.

In other words: he is batshit insane.

"All kitchen sinks, lavatories, laundry facilities, bathtubs and showers shall be supplied with hot or tempered and cold running water in accordance with the International Plumbing Code."

I would question this bit being a health issue. I don't think a lack of running hot water counts, and if she was collecting rainwater through any kind of tubes, pipes, or routing method it would technically be "running water."

My house is on a rural extension of the power grid (basically serves 10 houses on our street) so we're a real low priority to repair during major outages. I'm on well/septic and I've gone without power for as long as two weeks and it wasn't 'too' bad. We heated snow and bottle water on the wood stove to 'bathe' and make my husband's coffee, and we used snow and rainwater to flush the toilets (gravity feed so we don't need power for our septic system.)

Dude...you need a generator!

Forum List

Back