Free? That Is A Laugh.

I know right?!? My husband wants some fancy crap thing generator that's also a welder so I'm made to suffer without one until he's got the $10k or w/e crazy price it is for the one he wants, and then something about hiring an electrician to put in the back feed switch. *Sigh* He's been saying he's going to get it for like 8 years now...

I know right?!? My husband wants some fancy crap thing generator that's also a welder so I'm made to suffer without one until he's got the $10k or w/e crazy price it is for the one he wants, and then something about hiring an electrician to put in the back feed switch. *Sigh* He's been saying he's going to get it for like 8 years now...
Why not get a welder that would run on the power a generator can create? I don't get it. But he's right to have a sparky hook it up. A transfer switch isn't just a good idea, it's the law. If not done properly you could back feed a line linemen were working on when power is restored.

Tell him to pound sand & get a regular generator! They are nowhere NEAR that much money. (My mother's standby--auto-start, automatic transfer, upgrading the propane service, and 2 years free service--was less than $10K.)

Why not get a welder that would run on the power a generator can create? I don't get it. But he's right to have a sparky hook it up. A transfer switch isn't just a good idea, it's the law. If not done properly you could back feed a line linemen were working on when power is restored.

A transfer switch is not that big a deal...took an electrician about an hour to install mine.

Coddled? lmao Objecting to a 14 year old being shot in the back by agents who have no visible ID or isignia and who have not identified themselves? If you consider that "coddling", your ideas of what we can allow LEOs to do is very warped.

Joey is a pure authoritarian...nothing the police do, no matter HOW egregious, is too much...as long as they do it to the "right" people.

In other words: he is batshit insane.

I wouldn't want the Weavers living next door to me and I'd be cheering when the FBI took them out.

So were the people who lived next door to them at the time. Probably got tired of Weaver's inbred Nazi brood threatening them with guns.

Coddled? lmao Objecting to a 14 year old being shot in the back by agents who have no visible ID or isignia and who have not identified themselves? If you consider that "coddling", your ideas of what we can allow LEOs to do is very warped.

Joey is a pure authoritarian...nothing the police do, no matter HOW egregious, is too much...as long as they do it to the "right" people.

I wouldn't want the Weavers living next door to me and I'd be cheering when the FBI took them out.

So were the people who lived next door to them at the time. Probably got tired of Weaver's inbred Nazi brood threatening them with guns.

I would imagine you are pretty much scared of any neighbors.

Did the Weavers threaten their neighbors with guns? Or was that like the accusations that they fired shots at FBI helicopters or were involved in bank robberies?

[Q]

Did the Weavers threaten their neighbors with guns? Or was that like the accusations that they fired shots at FBI helicopters or were involved in bank robberies?

You want to cry for Nazis, be my guest.

I'm happy they are taking dirt naps.

I am not crying for them. But the fact that you cheer such blatant, murderous behavior by federal agents shows you to be a despicable human being. Advocating execution for what people think or believe is about as low as it gets.

This nonsense doesn't have anything to do with the failed premise of your thread, where it's perfectly necessary, proper, and Constitutional for persons living in jurisdictions which so desire for residents to have access to clean water, adequate sewage facilities, and a safe electrical connection – no freedom has been 'lost,' no liberty 'restricted,' what's a 'laugh' is the naïve and ignorant notion that such requirements constitute a 'violation' freedom or liberty.

[

I am not crying for them. But the fact that you cheer such blatant, murderous behavior by federal agents shows you to be a despicable human being. Advocating execution for what people think or believe is about as low as it gets.

Naw, I don't want to share my country with racist assholes and religious nuts with guns.

Weaver had plenty of legal avenues to make it right. He opened a case of whoopass on himself and his family.

[

Naw, I don't want to share my country with racist assholes and religious nuts with guns.

Weaver had plenty of legal avenues to make it right. He opened a case of whoopass on himself and his family.

Absolute bullshit. I get that Weaver was no angel. But shooting a 14 year old in the back and changing the rules of engagement to allow wild west kind of shooting is ridiculous. There is a reason why the FBI was embarrassed.

I am sorry you are so closed-minded that you think you have the choice in who you share your country with. I would prefer notto have union thugs threatening people's children. But I don't advocate having them executed by federal agents.

This country has racist assholes and religious nuts. Either get used to it or pack your bags. Most of our citizens will not stand for executing people before the commit a crime.

without getting into another tiresome discussion with Whinerborn about his altered reality, all society can be considered a balance between individual freedoms vs. collective good.

So this city has a regulation that everyone has to be hooked into the electrical and water grids. Are these good laws? Maybe. Should we respect the right of eccentrics to live off the grid? Maybe. Maybe not.

Were her methods to create her own electric and water annoying to her neighbors? Maybe. was she burying her poop in the backyard?

Me, I kind of like living in a city where we have purified water, consistent electric delivery, and effective sewage.

I have no problem with you preferring to live in a city. I have my days when I like it and days when I miss living a more rural lifestyle. I also prefer the utilities you mentioned.

However, what you and I prefer and what should be forced to be used are two different things.

Not only are most utilities a monopoly, now we are required to be connected? Again, it is unacceptable.

Sounded like they cited not local law but something else........

[

Absolute bullshit. I get that Weaver was no angel. But shooting a 14 year old in the back and changing the rules of engagement to allow wild west kind of shooting is ridiculous. There is a reason why the FBI was embarrassed.

I am sorry you are so closed-minded that you think you have the choice in who you share your country with. I would prefer notto have union thugs threatening people's children. But I don't advocate having them executed by federal agents.

This country has racist assholes and religious nuts. Either get used to it or pack your bags. Most of our citizens will not stand for executing people before the commit a crime.

Meh, most Americans didn't care about the Weaver family getting snuffed, just the gun nuts and racists who are still whining about it 20 years later.

[

Meh, most Americans didn't care about the Weaver family getting snuffed, just the gun nuts and racists who are still whining about it 20 years later.

Most Americans didn't care about making noise about it. But I you ask them if they think shooting a 14 year old in the back as he ran away is acceptable, they will say absolutely not. If you ask them if people should be murdered by the federal gov't because of their beliefs, they would say absolutely not.

But then, if you ask most people they would also say union thuggery should be illegal.

[Q

Most Americans didn't care about making noise about it. But I you ask them if they think shooting a 14 year old in the back as he ran away is acceptable, they will say absolutely not. If you ask them if people should be murdered by the federal gov't because of their beliefs, they would say absolutely not.

But then, if you ask most people they would also say union thuggery should be illegal.

And if you asked them if it's cool that crazy separtists were sellign weapons and shooting federal officers trying to serve legal warrants, they'd probably also say that was wrong. Depends how you phrase the questions.

But most people don't give a fuck that a grown up Sammy Weaver isn't the nucleus of the White Power gang in the prison he was inevitably going to.

[Q

And if you asked them if it's cool that crazy separtists were sellign weapons and shooting federal officers trying to serve legal warrants, they'd probably also say that was wrong. Depends how you phrase the questions.

But most people don't give a fuck that a grown up Sammy Weaver isn't the nucleus of the White Power gang in the prison he was inevitably going to.

No, then you would have been lying to them. Oh wait, I forgot that lying is basically your go-to debate technique.

Like I said guy, you can champion Nazis and Preppers and nuts to your heart's content.

I like living in a civilized society.

Like I said, lying is your preferential method on these forums.

I have not championed them at all. What I have done is demand that our gov't not execute people for their beliefs.

It is odd that you consider your society "civilized". In your world it is acceptable for union thugs to threaten the children of someone they oppose, and acceptable for the gov't to shoot people who are not posing any immediate threat. I would hardly call either of those things "civilized". In fact, your own hatreds are far more venomous and prejudicial than any I have read that Randy Weaver expressed. Which would put you in the category of "To Be Shot".

Like I said guy, you can champion Nazis and Preppers and nuts to your heart's content.

I like living in a civilized society.

Like I said, lying is your preferential method on these forums.

I have not championed them at all. What I have done is demand that our gov't not execute people for their beliefs.

It is odd that you consider your society "civilized". In your world it is acceptable for union thugs to threaten the children of someone they oppose, and acceptable for the gov't to shoot people who are not posing any immediate threat. I would hardly call either of those things "civilized". In fact, your own hatreds are far more venomous and prejudicial than any I have read that Randy Weaver expressed. Which would put you in the category of "To Be Shot".

Yup, Funny, I've checked. I haven't shot any federal agents lately. I think I'd remember doing something like that.

I also didn't give a mentally disturbed teen access to a Zombie-Apocolypse Arsenal, like your pin-up girl, Nancy "don't call me a Prepper" Lanza did.

Forum List

Back