Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Yes, claiming he said anything racist or claimed that there was no abuse of blacks during Jim Crow was a strawman.

Glad you agree.

Yes, putting a fantasy quote up attributable to nobody certainly is.

:deal:

We're not talking about M.A.S.H here. While this is a popular show, from what I understand, it has a targeted market.

And that market is made up of people that think just like Phil Robertson does.

Like I said, I've never seen the first episode. And I also think judging gays so harshly is wrong.

But the fact is, a lot of people that watch that show have the same, exact attitudes towards sex that PR does.

Advertisers target market as well. I doubt you see a lot of Ads for Mercedes on the show. Maybe a few for tractors, but not too many for expensive perfumes or designer clothing.

Then there's the local markets....

A&E screwed the pooch. And they're gonna pay.

The DD gang? They're gonna make out like bandits. Another Network will snap them up for a big, fat contract in a heartbeat if they can. If A&E lets them out of their last year.

Which is what I think happens to avoid a lawsuit.

Targeted market or not, the target just got a lot bigger from all this buzz, regardless whether that buzz is warranted. Buzz creates ratings. Whatever you're wishing for in terms of TV failures, your perpetuation of the buzz is feeding the opposite effect.

And there is no "avoid a lawsuit" dance. I've defied you since yesterday to come up with a legal basis for a lawsuit, and you've got ... crickets.

Life in the comic books.

Dewd, I've posted at least 4, maybe 5 times in here covering Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

gimme a break already, sheesh

Funny how conservatives are now all of a sudden ‘into’ the Civil Rights Act.

And as explained to others on the right already, Robertson can’t make a Title VII civil rights violation claim because he wasn’t suspended for being a Christian, he was suspended because of what he said, having nothing to do with religion.

In fact, depending on the nature of the relationship with the network, Robertson likely doesn’t meet the criteria as an ‘employee’ to substantiate such a claim in the first place.

What he did was quote scripture, so yes, it was religious.

But nice try. You get -2 points for effort.

How do the homosexual and left wing advocates feel after losing again? Looks like Robertson is coming back.

Kosh, you know, the idea of a message board is to actually contribute something substantive to a conversation....

Thanks, bud.

They why the fuck are YOU here, boy? The next time you contribute something substantive will be the first. The only thing you have ever added to this (or any other) BBS is the BS that follows the first B.

I don't know much about this duck dood (thankfully) but I just read another of his quotes, and the creep factor went up to 100.

"A good woman is "hard to find. Mainly because these boys are waiting until they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em.

Look, you wait till they get to be about 20 years old, they only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're 15 or 16, they'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course." -- Speaking at Sportsmen's Ministry in Georgia in 2009.

Preaching about marrying 15-year-olds. You see, that's not pedophilia, it's Southern.

News flash: marrying at 16 was COMMON not that long ago! (As in: there are people alive right now who did it with nobody raising an eyebrow.)

Harvey Milk had sexual relations with 16 year old boys(some younger, and all homeless drug addicts), and he is a hero of the homosexual movement, why can't you have sexual relations with a 16 year old of the opposite sex?

I don't know much about this duck dood (thankfully) but I just read another of his quotes, and the creep factor went up to 100.

"A good woman is "hard to find. Mainly because these boys are waiting until they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em.

Look, you wait till they get to be about 20 years old, they only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're 15 or 16, they'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course." -- Speaking at Sportsmen's Ministry in Georgia in 2009.

Preaching about marrying 15-year-olds. You see, that's not pedophilia, it's Southern.

News flash: marrying at 16 was COMMON not that long ago! (As in: there are people alive right now who did it with nobody raising an eyebrow.)

It's still legal in Louisiana to marry at 16 with the consent of the parents.

A&E folded like a cheap suit.

Cuz they know they can't penalize him for his faith.

Particularly when they hired him KNOWING this was a huge part of his schtick.

His schtick is being a dumber than shit redneck.

People aren't laughing WITH him, they are laughing AT him.

Only the few as stupid as you, boy. He has run a wildly-successful business for decades and is worth millions. You have, what...been promoted from floor-sweeper to fry cook?

This is not a Title VII case. An argument can be made that it is but that would not be successful.

This boils down to a breach of contract case. The Robertsons have the stronger position there.

This is not a Title VII case. An argument can be made that it is but that would not be successful.

This boils down to a breach of contract case. The Robertsons have the stronger position there.

No, they really honestly don't.

A network has every right to editorial content of the shows they air.

I didn't know this was in the bible.

“It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man --would be more desirable than a man’s anus," Robertson told GQ. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Yes, claiming he said anything racist or claimed that there was no abuse of blacks during Jim Crow was a strawman.

Glad you agree.

It was a quote from the article, which I linked, moron.

Umm.. no. It's a quote from your own post, already bolded so even you could find it, and it still eluded you.

Let's see it agan. Roll tape...

But because the left is prejudiced, they take that to be a prejudicial statement that NO blacks were mistreated.

He didn't say that. He didn't even imply it. Progressives are just racist liars.

You have it that "the left" (the entire left, everywhere) plus "Progressives" whoever they are, have declared that Robertson said NO blacks were mistreated.

Attributed to no individual. No quote, no link, no nuttin'. Just the entire "the left" plus "Progressives". That's not in your link; you wrote it.

That's what I call a
strawman.jpg

Last edited:

“It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man --would be more desirable than a man’s anus," Robertson told GQ. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

You have to realize normal people don't understand why homosexuals like you prefer a hairy smelly ass over a vagina. Don't you guys know even ugly people can get slid? Shit look at Alan Colmns?

tapatalk post

"...A&E just wanted to instantly distance itself from the comments to protect its ass."

If GLAAD is around you should probably use at least two layers of duct tape for ass protection.

Last edited:

You have to realize normal people don't understand why homosexuals like you prefer a hairy smelly ass over a vagina. Don't you guys know even ugly people can get slid? Shit look at Alan Colmns?

tapatalk post

Nice try, I'm not gay though. Unlike most conservative males, I don't have a phobia of gays. Why is the first thing that homophobes think about when gays are brought up is gay sex?

It was a quote from the article, which I linked, moron.

Umm.. no. It's a quote from your own post, already bolded so even you could find it, and it still eluded you.

Let's see it agan. Roll tape...

But because the left is prejudiced, they take that to be a prejudicial statement that NO blacks were mistreated.

He didn't say that. He didn't even imply it. Progressives are just racist liars.

You have it that "the left" (the entire left, everywhere) plus "Progressives" whoever they are, have declared that Robertson said NO blacks were mistreated.

Attributed to no individual. No quote, no link, no nuttin'. Just the entire "the left" plus "Progressives". That's not in your link; you wrote it.

That's what I call a
strawman.jpg

Pssst. The Scarecrow had a real person inside. Just sayin'.

You might want to check the state laws on that. Most states allow marriage without parental consent at age 18, but if the person has parental consent, he/she can marry at a much younger age. When I married I was 19 and I had to have parental consent here in KY. So take your 'southern' comment and shove it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

Last edited:
"...A&E just wanted to instantly distance itself from the comments to protect its ass."

If GLAAD is around you should probably use at least two layers of duct tape for ass protection.

Because anal sex is soooooo scary to you guys.

Forum List

Back