Frivolous litigants crucified by court-Rachel Maddow melts down

We are simply calling you on your lie. The gun he bought was NOT a machine gun. You know this and continue to lie. I enjoy making you look like a fool.

No, you are trying to minimize the horror of what he did. That a clinically insane person was able to acquire a military grade semi-automatic weapon and a hundred rounds of ammo, and use it to kill or injure dozens of people.

"but, but, but, it technicaly wasn't a machine gun!" you argue like a Star Wars Nerd trying to win a fight with a Star Trek nerd.

Actually, the one Holmes had was designed to do exactly what the one I had in the army did.

Kill a lot of people. Which he totally did with it.

And you guys are worried his trigger finger was getting tired?

Incorrect. Full auto and bust fire weapons are designed as "area weapons" similar to a hand grenade. Designed to pacify an entire area simultaneously. That is why their capabilities are described a "spray and pray. An M-16 in full auto mode has an effective rate of fire of 600 rounds per minute. The firearm Holmes employed had an effective rate of fire of 50 rounds per minute. A difference in magnitude greater.

In comparison, a semi auto deer rifle has an effective rate of fire of 50 rpm, a semi auto handgun has an effective rate of fire of 50 rpm, a Winchester repeating rifle has an effective rate of fire of 40 rpm, a bolt action rifle has an effective rate of fire of 20 rpm.

If you put a racing stripe a rear spoiler on your Hyundai it may look like a NASCAR racer, but it will never win the Daytona 500. A machine gun by definition is capable of firing more than one round with each pull of the trigger. The firearm Holmes used was capable of firing only one round with each pull of the trigger

Actually, the one Holmes had was designed to do exactly what the one I had in the army did.

Any firearm can fit the description "Kill a lot of people". The simple fact is that the rifle he had did not operate like the one you had in the Army.
Holmes did not buy his guns online. The retail sale of firearms over the internet must be completed face to face with a full background check.

Right. A full background check that allowed a guy who thought he was a psychotic clown from a comic book to buy a military grade assault rifle and a 100 round magazine.

Did he tell the clerk he thought he was The Joker? Or do you expect him to read minds?

All it would have taken is for one single entry to be made in the database, and they would not have sold him a gun.

We are simply calling you on your lie. The gun he bought was NOT a machine gun. You know this and continue to lie. I enjoy making you look like a fool.

No, you are trying to minimize the horror of what he did. That a clinically insane person was able to acquire a military grade semi-automatic weapon and a hundred rounds of ammo, and use it to kill or injure dozens of people.

"but, but, but, it technicaly wasn't a machine gun!" you argue like a Star Wars Nerd trying to win a fight with a Star Trek nerd.

No, not at all. I am not minimizing the horror of what he did. I am correcting your terminology of what the gun shop sold him.

Actually he killed more people with his Joe Biden endorsed shotgun and his hand guns than his semi auto sporting rifle that looked like a scary machine gun, due to the fact that his "high capacity mag" jammed.

Incorrect. Full auto and bust fire weapons are designed as "area weapons" similar to a hand grenade. Designed to pacify an entire area simultaneously. That is why their capabilities are described a "spray and pray. An M-16 in full auto mode has an effective rate of fire of 600 rounds per minute. The firearm Holmes employed had an effective rate of fire of 50 rounds per minute. A difference in magnitude greater.

In comparison, a semi auto deer rifle has an effective rate of fire of 50 rpm, a semi auto handgun has an effective rate of fire of 50 rpm, a Winchester repeating rifle has an effective rate of fire of 40 rpm, a bolt action rifle has an effective rate of fire of 20 rpm.
His argument (if you want to call it that) has been destroyed a thousand time over, there's nothing rational one can approach him with as his entire approach is purely emotive and presented as any blind zealot would. There's no way to have a rational argument with his ilk.

His argument (if you want to call it that) has been destroyed a thousand time over, there's nothing rational one can approach him with as his entire approach is purely emotive and presented as any blind zealot would. There's no way to have a rational argument with his ilk.

Eh, you are right and I know this. But its still fun to verbally slap him around a bit. I can picture him blowing up at his computer. lol

Not really. He was able to empty that 100 round magazine in less than two minutes. He killed 12 people and injured 70 others.

And the gun industry was happy to sell him that gun, because, um, "Founding Fathers" or something.

YOur the ones arguing madmen should be able to shoot children because you don't want to fill out extra paperwork.

That's not emotive, that's just crazy.

Uh, yes they did. it just that the militia amendment did not make the final cut. The individual right to have and use arms for private purposes did make the final cut, much to your chagrin.

Yeah, again, these were the same racist assholes who talked smack about "All Men are created equal" and then built a country based on racism and genocide.

Yep. Don't like it? Here is what can be done...

First you get 2/3rds of the US House and 2/3rds of the US Senate to pass a proposed a constitutional amendment repealing the 2nd Amendment. Then you get 38 states to ratify the proposed constitutional amendment and "poof" the 2nd Amendment disappears.

You should demand that the Democratic Party adopt such a policy as a central plank of their 2016 Presidential Election Platform... suggested campaign slogan:

Vote democratic Party 2016-- dismantling the Bill of Rights one amendment at time!

Good luck!

YOur the ones arguing madmen should be able to shoot children because you don't want to fill out extra paperwork.

That's not emotive, that's just crazy.
I never argued that. Thanks for verifying your emotive zealousness. Again...... :thup:

Last edited:
Yep. Don't like it? Here is what can be done...

First you get 2/3rds of the US House and 2/3rds of the US Senate to pass a proposed a constitutional amendment repealing the 2nd Amendment. Then you get 38 states to ratify the proposed constitutional amendment and "poof" the 2nd Amendment disappears.

You should demand that the Democratic Party adopt such a policy as a central plank of their 2016 Presidential Election Platform... suggested campaign slogan:

Naw, here's how you do it.

Antonin Scalia takes a well-deserved dirt nap. He is replaced by President Hillary by a sane person who recognizes that Comic Book Clowns don't constitute a "Well-Regulated Militia".

You then get a majority in Congress to repeal the stupidity that gun sellers and manufacturers aren't liable for the deaths their products call. You swamp the gun industry in lawsuits and in discovery, you find out how they and the NRA have watered down background checks and influenced politicians.

Then you make gun ownership a privilage instead of a right, just like every other country has done.

Not really. He was able to empty that 100 round magazine in less than two minutes. He killed 12 people and injured 70 others.

Incorrect, his high cap mag jammed because he was trying to fire his weapon too quickly (something it was not designed to do) so he had to abandon his semi auto sporting rifle in favor of his Joe Biden endorsed shotgun and his handguns which accounted for a majority of those killed and the vast majority of the injuries (because a Joe Biden approved shotgun tends to wound a lot of people in an enclosed space. I guess you were not paying attention to the facts of the case as introduced at trial, huh?

And the gun industry was happy to sell him that gun, because, um, "Founding Fathers" or something.

Another lie. What a surprise. No, he did not empty the 100 round magazine.

"Madman James Holmes was forced to switch weapons when his Smith & Wesson M&P 15, with a special 100-round drum magazine, failed after a few shots." from: Rifle failure that stopped yet more Batman carnage World News Daily Express

"The law enforcement official said authorities think the gunman first used the shotgun — some victims have buckshot wounds — and then began using the assault rifle, which jammed. Then he resorted to the handgun." from: Aurora Colo. shooting spree A day of tears for victims and twists in case - The Washington Post

I never argued that. Thanks for verifying your emotive zealousness.

Guy, you argue exactly that.

You just don't realize it.

You see, usually when something bad happens, in a democracy, we make sure it never happens again. For instance, the end result of that train crash will be a lot of safety improvements.

BUt not for gun deaths. Pretty much a Lanza or a Holmes or a Loughner shoots up a bunch of people, and you gun nuts are pretty much manning the barricades making sure no changes happen.

You argue for "conceal carry" to be changed to "open Carry". Which is just nuts.

And every year, we find ourselves with more metal detectors and more Closed circuit TV and more police armed like soldiers because the bad guys are armed like soldiers, and you cry about "Freedom" when frankly, we are a lot less free than other industrialized nations that have had the good sense to limit private gun ownership.

Incorrect, his high cap mag jammed because he was trying to fire his weapon too quickly (something it was not designed to do) so he had to abandon his semi auto sporting rifle in favor of his Joe Biden endorsed shotgun and his handguns which accounted for a majority of those killed and the vast majority of the injuries (because a Joe Biden approved shotgun tends to wound a lot of people in an enclosed space. I guess you were not paying attention to the facts of the case as introduced at trial, huh?

So your argument is that his trigger finger was getting tired?

Eh, you are right and I know this. But its still fun to verbally slap him around a bit. I can picture him blowing up at his computer. lol

Funny, only guy I see blowing up is you, Cleetus.

I'm doing fine. I'm multitasking so I can get work done and have a few laughs.

You are the one lying and making shit up. That is the sign of desperation.

Another lie. What a surprise. No, he did not empty the 100 round magazine.

"Madman James Holmes was forced to switch weapons when his Smith & Wesson M&P 15, with a special 100-round drum magazine, failed after a few shots." from: Rifle failure that stopped yet more Batman carnage World News Daily Express

"The law enforcement official said authorities think the gunman first used the shotgun — some victims have buckshot wounds — and then began using the assault rifle, which jammed. Then he resorted to the handgun." from: Aurora Colo. shooting spree A day of tears for victims and twists in case - The Washington Post

Another one arguing for a tired trigger finger.

Hey, dumbass, the fact that it could have been worse doesn't mean it still wasn't pretty bad.

These are weapons the guy never, ever should have had.

Forum List

Back