From Boston to the south! I love all my southerners!

I love the South too... love the music, love the food, love the people.....and all that! :up:

I have visited many other places, and will visit more in the future. But home will always be the South.

Best people, food and atmosphere I know of.

The food in the South is absolutely amazing! totally delicious....they know how to cook in the South, that I will tell you! :up:

It really is amazing.
How do you know With all that cock in your mouth?

I love the South too... love the music, love the food, love the people.....and all that! :up:

I have visited many other places, and will visit more in the future. But home will always be the South.

The food in the South is absolutely amazing! totally delicious....they know how to cook in the South, that I will tell you! :up:

NOT OKRA! lol!

hehehe.....I love it all....I just love Southern food. Very delicious.

And never, ever put sugar in cornbread.

I did adopt two Yankee habits while in Boston.
Ditched the Cowboys and became a NE Patriots fan and joined the RedSox Nation. ... :cool:
Love the pats but Red Sox’s sold out when they changed Yakay way.. imma diamond back fan now, until sox change ownership

NOT OKRA! lol!

I love okra! Boiled, pickled, or fried!!

I have tried okra every kind of way it can be cooked.
I still can't stand it!

It really is amazing.
How do you know With all that cock in your mouth?

Oh, can't discuss the actual topic, so you resort to trying cheap insults? lol

Sad. But if ad hominems fallacies is all you have....

NOT OKRA! lol!

I have tried okra every kind of way it can be cooked.
I still can't stand it!

My g/f can't either. First time I ever made gumbo without okra was after we met. I'll keep doing it that way.

Skye, if you are ever in Atlanta, go to Mary Mack's Tea Room downtown. Some of the best old school southern cooking you will ever eat. Been there forever.

First week in Boston stopped by a KFC and placed my order. Told the guy I wanted a box of chicken, corn on the cob, and some fried okra. He looked at me all puzzled and said "what's okra". ... :lol: :lol:

Its hard to find fried okra outside the south. I like it best if its tossed in cornmeal instead of flour batter.

It took me quite awhile to get used to everyone constantly honking their car horn. I swear they must be getting paid by the beep.
In the south you mainly honk your horn for two reasons: To wave at someone, or another car is about to back into you. ... :cool:

Last edited:
My g/f can't either. First time I ever made gumbo without okra was after we met. I'll keep doing it that way.

OK - I've never had gumbo with okra ... I'd be willing to try that!

It is in most recipes for gumbo. The trick is to get the roux right, and have the Holy Trinity of vegetables. Celery, bell pepper and onions. Then whatever meat or seafood you want. I make a mean crawfish, shrimp and andouille gumbo.

It took me quite awhile to get used to everyone constantly honking their car horn. I swear they must be getting paid by the beep.

In the south you mainly honk your horn for two reasons. To wave at someone, or another car is about to back into you. ... :cool:

And in the south, the two finger wave as you drive by is almost required. Its like pulling over for a funeral to pass by.

Back in '98 & '99 I worked on a fiber optics project in Eunice Louisiana. Great little town in what they call the Cajun Praire. A couple of time the people at Charter Communications would have a Gumbo Day. Close the office early and have folks in the parking lot cooking gumbo. I never ate so much gumbo in my life. Fresh crawfish in most of it. No two recipes were the same and they were ALL delicious! Drank a lot of beer those days too. Ate a lot of boudin while I was there too. Those cajun folks can cook, even if gumbo is a creole dish.

In the south you mainly honk your horn for two reasons: To wave at someone, or another car is about to back into you. ... :cool:

And to flip you off and shout F**k YOU!

Forum List

Back