Frozen Wind Farms Are Just a Small Piece of Texas’s Power Woes

D'ya think that Texans believe in Climate Change now?

'Cause, guess what! THEIR CLIMATE SURE HAS CHANGED!

Looks like the whole state is turning BLUE!!!!

It's been this cold before, and it'll be this cold again. It's called weather not climate.

Last time was 35 years ago. If you believe that these normally ice and snow free areas will get cold again you must be denying the existence of global warming. No. The climate is not changing.

Sure the climate is changing, the contention that man can control it is the folly. It takes the hubris of a commiecrat to even think that way.

zwv9advaf2i61.jpg

It's quite funny to me that you do no understand that Northern latitudes and tiny amounts of snow are incredibly disastrous to solar power in the Winter, when you need it.

solar-panels-snow.png

field-of-snow-covered-solar-panels-picture-id153121936

solar-panels-covered-snow-rows-small-power-plant-31963052.jpg

Peanutbutterandwhine.com-Solar-Panels-in-Winter.jpg

Last edited:
There are huge wind turbines around Palm Springs. Miles of them. Acres of them. None are operational but if they were not a one has a heater. They were shut down because they killed too many birds.
It's incredibly common.

I don't even want to post the Norway videos. I hate seeing animals get hurt.

That's why they are sitting as hunks of junk. The environmentalists giveth and the environmentalists taketh away.

It's quite funny to me that you do no understand that Northern latitudes and tiny amounts of snow are incredibly disastrous to solar power in the Winter, when you need it.

solar-panels-snow.png

aerial-image-snow-covered-solar-panel-park-drone-view-photovoltaic-power-station-winter-136792250.jpg
snow isnt a big problem on panels

There was nothing like this storm in 2011, idiot.
I live in NY. We've had 20 deg weather for a month...teens at night. Just had a storm that dropped 20 inches of snow. No loss of power other than a few power lines down. OUR fossil fuel power plants and nuke plants didn't fail. It ain't rocket surgery
You think Texans have never been through a freeze before?
What I think is that Texas Republican politicians didn't properly plan for eventualities. They cheaped out and people are dying

There are huge wind turbines around Palm Springs. Miles of them. Acres of them. None are operational but if they were not a one has a heater. They were shut down because they killed too many birds.
It's incredibly common.

And solar farms fry birds in flight, where's PETA to shut them down.

...in places where it does not snow. :)

Does it snow where you live?

How many solar panels are on your roof?

Why not any?

Fact: If you want solar power, you should put it on your own roof, not buy the electricity from the power company that will more than double the cost to deliver it to you along with lots of taxes.

The reason you do not have solar panels on your roof is simply because it is ridiculously expensive, and you do not live where there are no power lines.

Last edited:
D'ya think that Texans believe in Climate Change now?

'Cause, guess what! THEIR CLIMATE SURE HAS CHANGED!

Looks like the whole state is turning BLUE!!!!

It's been this cold before, and it'll be this cold again. It's called weather not climate.

Last time was 35 years ago. If you believe that these normally ice and snow free areas will get cold again you must be denying the existence of global warming. No. The climate is not changing.

Sure the climate is changing, the contention that man can control it is the folly. It takes the hubris of a commiecrat to even think that way.

No climates are changing. There are 7 climate zones; polar, boreal forest, mountain, temperate, Mediterranean, desert, grassland, tropical. Which climate is changing into another climate? 30 years ago Saint Algore said that the polar climate was actually becoming tropical. In 30 years how tropical has it become? The believers have claimed that glaciers have had parts break off. Every year. The same break offs. Every year. This is a natural occurrence. It is called calving and where ice bergs come from.

So there has been no climate change and no global warming. Communists hide their ignorance by insisting that those who know what nonsense this is just lack an education.

It's incredibly common.

Solar farms can alleviate the danger by adjusting the tilt of the panels. If a bird lands on one BUZZT.

Climate Change is not the issue here...renewables are not the issue here.

Piss poor planning on the part of Republican legislators is the issue. They failed Texas and now people are dying.

Solar farms can alleviate the danger by adjusting the tilt of the panels. If a bird lands on one BUZZT.
It's not when a bird lands on one.

It's when a bird flies though the shine from concentrating solar mirrors, not solar panels. It happens in mid air...

...in places where it does not snow. :)

Does it snow where you live?

How many solar panels are on your roof?

Why not any?

Fact: If you want solar power, you should put it on your own roof, not buy the electricity from the power company that will more than double the cost to deliver it to you along with lots of taxes.

The reason you do not have solar panels on your roof is simply because it is ridiculously expensive, and you do not live where there are no power lines.
I do have some information as to solar panels at least in California. Solar panels to supply power to a 5 bedroom home is approx $30,000.

Piss poor planning on the part of Republican legislators is the issue. They failed Texas and now people are dying.
Puffle. I guarantee you that no wind turbines in southern California, south Arizona or south New Mexico have heaters.

It's not when a bird lands on one.

It's when a bird flies though the shine from concentrating solar mirrors, not solar panels. It happens in mid air...

Solar MIRRORS! That must be why they are so rare.

Puffle. I guarantee you that no wind turbines in southern California, south Arizona or south New Mexico have heaters.
Let me know if they freeze.

Newsflash. The fossil fuel plants and nuke plants froze as well...and that was where Texas was supposed to get 90% of their energy from

solar-panels-snow.png

aerial-image-snow-covered-solar-panel-park-drone-view-photovoltaic-power-station-winter-136792250.jpg

Too fucking funny, snow isn't a problem, unless the primary source is out. Then you can just freeze right along with your worthless panels.

Forum List

Back