'Fuck You, Guns'

The United States locks up more criminals than any other country in the world. We have 2 million people in prison.

The next runner up is China with 1.5 million in prison. Which sounds less impressive when you consider that they have 1.3 billion people and are a communist police state.

Prisoners statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Meanwhile, Germany has only 78K prisoners and Japan only has 69K prisoners. And they have much lower crime rates.

You can't honestly argue that we "liberals" have kept you from locking up people...

prison-population-growth.png

Shit, you said something that was mostly true.

Good God, what is the world coming to?

Of course, most of those incarcerated are there because of the anti-drug laws that previous generations of progressives put into place, so, once again, you lie in some fashion this time by implying its conservatives that got us to this point.

Please go back and actually LOOK at that chart. When does the number of prisoners start shooting up? 1980. Who became President in 1981 and let his wife start a ridiculous anti-drug crusade?

nancy_reagan.jpg

Sorry, man, you Con-jobs are going to have to man up and start taking some responsibility for policies you initiate.
An anti-drug crusade is rediculous eh ? Well maybe she was use to growing up in an America where it was an anti-drug loving America, and just maybe she thought the nation would want that kind of America again, but as we sank lower and lower, she found out that she was in over her head for wanting this nation to become anything like it once was when she grew up in it. Yeah Yah Yah we had problems all along sure, but for much of America in percentage of, and as were found amongst the population in numbers of, peace was at hand for many, and this for people of all stripes back then, whom were working there ways forward and towards even more peace between all in America.

Something has happened, and we have run into the ditch again, and someone needs to find out why and quick.. The trails are hot and they are there to follow, but something or someone is keeping people off of the trails, and for those who are on the trails, well they get frustrated because they cannot follow the trail to far, before they are quickly told not to go down the trail that is hot any further.

[
The reason the crime rates are lower in these countries, is because these countries have been tougher on crime than we have, so we have to look in the mirror when it comes to getting better and tougher on crime, especially as a preventive measure or deterrant before the act is actually comitted or even thought about by the would be non-fearful of society new type of criminal that we now have in America..

How are these countries "Tougher" if they don't lock up as many people?

We lock up 2 million..

Germany locks up 78K and Japan 69K.

Furthermore, we are one of the few industrialized countries that still has a death penalty. Except for Japan, most have outlawed it. (And Japan uses it very sparingly.)

The reason why these countries have a lower crime rate is they put employment ahead of profits... Everyone who wants a job in Japan gets a job doing something.

[
An anti-drug crusade is rediculous eh ? Well maybe she was use to growing up in an America where it was an anti-drug loving America, and just maybe she thought the nation would want that kind of America again, but as we sank lower and lower, she found out that she was in over her head for wanting this nation to become anything like it once was when she grew up in it. Yeah Yah Yah we had problems all along sure, but for much of America in percentage of, and as were found amongst the population in numbers of, peace was at hand for many, and this for people of all stripes back then, whom were working there ways forward and towards even more peace between all in America.

Anti-drug crusades are ridiculous because they treat a medical problem as a criminal one. Addiction is a disease, it should be treated as such.

Instead, we took pople who needed treatment and instead made them the cheap labor force for a prison industrial complex that rips off the taxpayers.

Congratulations. The 18 pages of rage has worked. My guns have promised me they will abandon all their upcoming plans to mass murder people.

I have serious doubts that JoeB knows much about unemployment or employment practices in japan.......

YOu mean other than working for a Japanese company for two years and having numerous dealing with Japanese companies...

Nope. Not a thing.

THing is, Japanese unemployment is a rare thing. Japanese unemployment rarely gets above 5%.

There's a reason for that... but you're a bit dense, and even if I explain it to you, you probalby still wouldn't understand.

You mean like we had under Bush until we got a Liberal Congress?

Funny, I seem to remember when Bush took the office, we had peace, we had 3.9% unemployment, we had a dow at 11,000, an we had 400 billion surpluses.

When he left, we had 8% unemployment, we had a dow at 6000, we had trillion dollar deficits and we had a crashed economy.

but you keep telling yourself what a swell Bush was. Really.

retards-george-bush-retard-demotivational-poster-1209019504.jpg

Um the surplus was projected...... Do try again..........And I didn't say when Bush left office, i said until we had a liberal congress....I notice you ignored that....

Do carry on, you are so entertaining........

Um the surplus was projected...... Do try again..........And I didn't say when Bush left office, i said until we had a liberal congress....I notice you ignored that....

Do carry on, you are so entertaining........

Meaningless.

Bush was president. That means he owns it all...

And nope, they were real surpluses... sorry. The government WAS taking in more money than it was paying out.

Now let us contrast this with the Clinton fiscal record. Recall that it was the Clinton White House that fought Republicans every inch of the way in balancing the budget in 1995. When Republicans proposed their own balanced-budget plan, the White House waged a shameless Mediscare campaign to torpedo the plan — a campaign that the Washington Post slammed as “pure demagoguery.” It was Bill Clinton who, during the big budget fight in 1995, had to submit not one, not two, but five budgets until he begrudgingly matched the GOP’s balanced-budget plan. In fact, during the height of the budget wars in the summer of 1995, the Clinton administration admitted that “balancing the budget is not one of our top priorities.”

Just sayin But this isn't what this thread is about.....

Now let us contrast this with the Clinton fiscal record. Recall that it was the Clinton White House that fought Republicans every inch of the way in balancing the budget in 1995. When Republicans proposed their own balanced-budget plan, the White House waged a shameless Mediscare campaign to torpedo the plan — a campaign that the Washington Post slammed as “pure demagoguery.” It was Bill Clinton who, during the big budget fight in 1995, had to submit not one, not two, but five budgets until he begrudgingly matched the GOP’s balanced-budget plan. In fact, during the height of the budget wars in the summer of 1995, the Clinton administration admitted that “balancing the budget is not one of our top priorities.”

No, it isn't. SO why did you take it off in a different direction.

Point was, Clinton did the hard work to balance the budget. More to the point, his policies showed people he was serious about fiscal responsibility.

Bush.. Meh, let's put two wars on a credit card!

Unless its Obama giving money to almost defunk energy corporations, businesses in general repay the loans. I see even a auto manufacturer is going to buy back the government's remaining stock. So, how is it welfare if the money is repayed?

No, it isn't. SO why did you take it off in a different direction.

Point was, Clinton did the hard work to balance the budget. More to the point, his policies showed people he was serious about fiscal responsibility.

Bush.. Meh, let's put two wars on a credit card!

Point was, Clinton did the hard work to balance the budget.

Please...warn me before you spring something funny like that...I almost choked on my beer.

[

Please...warn me before you spring something funny like that...I almost choked on my beer.

So you're admitting most of your posts are done under the influence of alchol?

That's a relief. I was thinking your posts were the result of mental retardation.

Yeah, I'm admitting when you say stupid stuff, I laugh.
Tell me again about this Clinton, the budget hawk, he sounds funny.
I promise I won't mention your low IQ.

[

So you're admitting most of your posts are done under the influence of alchol?

That's a relief. I was thinking your posts were the result of mental retardation.

Yeah, I'm admitting when you say stupid stuff, I laugh.
Tell me again about this Clinton, the budget hawk, he sounds funny.
I promise I won't mention your low IQ.

Lol, come on guys, Clinton and Gingrich worked together to improve the budget; it wasnt just one side or the other.

Forum List

Back