Fulton County DA wants a trial the day before Super Tuesday? Yep, its just radical activism

Excellent point. What next? The DOJ will go after Republicans after spending two years building and then demand they go to trial in five months?

Trump should get 2.5 years to prepare his defense. He shouldn’t have to be sidelined by preparing for a trial scheduled for the day before the most important primary day. Instead, he should be able to spend the next year campaigning, and then AFTER the election get another year to prepare for his defense (if he doesn’t win, that is).
He's got his hands full and shouldn't be running....

He should drop out, just like John Edwards did, when charged with a felony.

Blaster

I see a big gap in our justice system. As it stands now, a case must go up the appeal chain before it is heard.

There should be a way for the Supreme Court to step in when it sees a violation of the Constitution, such as when the current Administration approves a weaponized DOJ to block its political opponent with bogus and numerous indictments.
I'm disappointed with SCOTUS. They sit on their hands and allow this charade.

Oh please. He was always going to run. What is clear is that these bogus indictments were all handed down AFTER he announced.
He ran in 2020 to stay out of jail for the fraud in the bank loans.

He is running in 2024 to stay out of jail for even worse things he is alleged to have done then when he left office.

Yes, he is RUNNING.

You read Trump's posts and you get the same knowledge he has.

Except that his lawyers know best, and they do know that it is not how the system has ever worked.

Which is why the Monday conference is OFF.
What does that have to do with my post? I said that if the Trump-hating leftists get 2.5 years to build a case against him, they shouldn’t demand a trial in five months - and the very DAY before Super Tuesday.

My Gd, these evil people aren’t even trying to HIDE that this is being done for political purposes.

And that timeline was determined as to when it would best block Trump from winning the presidency.

Given his legal problems, Trump should have decided it was not a good time to run for President

Not my problem he decided to run anyway

What does that have to do with my post? I said that if the Trump-hating leftists get 2.5 years to build a case against him, they shouldn’t demand a trial in five months - and the very DAY before Super Tuesday.

My Gd, these evil people aren’t even trying to HIDE that this is being done for political purposes.
The charade is over. They're more desperate than a divorcee with 5 kids.

He ran in 2020 to stay out of jail for the fraud in the bank loans.

He is running in 2024 to stay out of jail for even worse things he is alleged to have done then when he left office.

Yes, he is RUNNING.
Huh? Then why did he run in 2016?

But good point. This is probably why Joe is running - keep himself out of jail for the massive corruption and extortion and bribes he enabled his family to carry out - and from our enemy countries. No WONDER he approved China’s surveillance mission of our military installations.

Excellent point. What next? The DOJ will go after Republicans after spending two years building a case against them - and then demand they go to trial in five months?

Trump should get 2.5 years to prepare his defense. He shouldn’t have to be sidelined by preparing for a trial scheduled for the day before the most important primary day. Instead, he should be able to spend the next year campaigning, and then AFTER the election get another year to prepare for his defense (if he doesn’t win, that is).
A Defendant has a Constitutional right to a speedy trial
He does not have a right to a delayed trial

One of his crimes was tweeting that people should watch Georgia election hearings on OAN.

He should probably be executed for that.

Forum List

Back