Funerals for abortions?!?!

Apparently, since Texas can't just shut abortion clinics down, they want to do everything they can to shame, and humiliate women who have abortions. The newest effort? Forced funerals for abortions. That's right. You read that correctly. Forced. Funerals. For. Abortions.

In a new effort to regulate abortion providers, Texas health officials are proposing rules that would require abortion providers to cremate or bury fetal remains.

The new rules, proposed by the Health and Human Services Commission, would no longer allow abortion providers to dispose of fetal remains in sanitary landfills, instead allowing only cremation or interment of all remains — regardless of the period of gestation. Abortion providers currently use third-party special waste disposal services.​

Now, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission says, "Ms. Clack has determined that for each year of the first five years the sections are in effect, the public benefit anticipated as a result of adopting and enforcing these rules will be enhanced protection of the health and safety of the public."

But, that's it. not even a little explanation of how it benefits public safety; just that it does. "Trust us..." Uh huh.

You wanna know the real "benefit" to this? Just ask the office of the Governor:

Governor Abbott believes human and fetal remains should not be treated like medical waste, and the proposed rule changes affirms the value and dignity of all life,​

In other words, he wants to insist that women who have abortions treat the abortions as if they were the children of these women, whether they consider them to be so, or not.

Now, I know how this goes. As quickly as possible, this is going to become yet another debate on the morality of abortion. I, for one, refuse to engage in that. Regardless of your personal opinion about abortion, this is clearly a case of the government trying to shame women into behaving the way they want them to.

One common concern is that regulations are followed on selling donating or transporting tissue
if it's going to be used for research.

Complications with the issue of abortion could most effectively be reduced
by reducing the incidence of abortion which can largely be prevented.

Most cases of pregnancy are by choice or by coercion/force,
but rarely by accident. Treating this casually as if it cannot be prevented
is where the conflict starts. If we address prevention, most of the other complications will be reduced as a result.

Apparently, since Texas can't just shut abortion clinics down, they want to do everything they can to shame, and humiliate women who have abortions. The newest effort? Forced funerals for abortions. That's right. You read that correctly. Forced. Funerals. For. Abortions.

In a new effort to regulate abortion providers, Texas health officials are proposing rules that would require abortion providers to cremate or bury fetal remains.

The new rules, proposed by the Health and Human Services Commission, would no longer allow abortion providers to dispose of fetal remains in sanitary landfills, instead allowing only cremation or interment of all remains — regardless of the period of gestation. Abortion providers currently use third-party special waste disposal services.​

Now, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission says, "Ms. Clack has determined that for each year of the first five years the sections are in effect, the public benefit anticipated as a result of adopting and enforcing these rules will be enhanced protection of the health and safety of the public."

But, that's it. not even a little explanation of how it benefits public safety; just that it does. "Trust us..." Uh huh.

Governor Abbott believes human and fetal remains should not be treated like medical waste, and the proposed rule changes affirms the value and dignity of all life,​

In other words, he wants to insist that women who have abortions treat the abortions as if they were the children of these women, whether they consider them to be so, or not.

Now, I know how this goes. As quickly as possible, this is going to become yet another debate on the morality of abortion. I, for one, refuse to engage in that. Regardless of your personal opinion about abortion, this is clearly a case of the government trying to shame women into behaving the way they want them to.
I see nothing wrong with this unless they are trying to force the women to attend.
And who do you submit should "foot the bill" for the added expense of burial, or cremation? Assuming that burial is chosen, who should pay for the upkeep of the burial site?
You

There is nothing about forced funerals.
You're right. They don't have to have a preacher speaking - they just have to bury, or cremate the remains...

It is a distinction without substance.
What exactly is your objection to the woman paying to dispose of the remains resulting from her choice?

What about the men involved in the decision to have sex but not raise a child?
Are you putting all the responsibility on the woman as if she got pregnant by herself?
Compost
I'm responding to the OP topic. If you want to discuss all those responsible for abortion, start another thread.

All this would mean is that fetuses would be incinerated like our removed appendixes and gallbladders already are. Most large hospitals already have an incinerator for that purpose. It will not lead to funerals for aborted fetuses, I assure you.
Most clinics, on the other hand, so not, and rely on medical waste dumps for disposal of medical waste. So, instead, they now have to incur extra cost. Why?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Czernobog maybe it's because the MEN who made the decision to have sex
were never held accountable. When it's put on the women, nothing has changed.
Rape also has never been prevented by blaming the women.

What would happen if MEN were held equally responsible, legally or financially
for the decision to have sex that results in unwanted pregnancy, children or abortion?

Would something change if MEN were affected by legislation?

I see nothing wrong with this unless they are trying to force the women to attend.
And who do you submit should "foot the bill" for the added expense of burial, or cremation? Assuming that burial is chosen, who should pay for the upkeep of the burial site?
You
Why?

You
Why?

You support abortions. The funerals come out of your taxes.

If a woman has an abortion because she doesn't like the results of having made the CHOICE to spread her legs, she's humiliated herself far more than anything like this ever could. She chose to take a life that a previous choice produced because she doesn't like the results of that previous choice.
Your opinion is duly noted, and duly ignored. Moving on...

You mean refusing to ignore the truth and running like a little bitch.

My statement was fact unless you're going to claim that a woman willingly spreading her legs knowing what the result could be isn't considered a choice.

Dear Conservative65 Did any of these women get pregnant without a man?
What about him knowing that pregnancy is a potential outcome of sex, and what about him running from his responsibility?

What about cases of coercion, or fraud, where the men misrepresent their intentions and pressure women to go along.

In cases of sex, what are the chances of women pressuring men to have sex against their will
vs men pressuring women. What do you think half the problem is here?

Tax payers. They can start by directing some of that tax money from the defense budget to do this.

You
Why?

Dear BlueGin I agree that we'd do better to separate health care policies and benefits by party.
To provide avenues for separating taxation and funding, as well as representation on policies.
If Democrats want nationalized centralized health care, and same sex benefits, why not manage
a collective program opted into voluntarily by members who vote on the policies and terms? Exactly!
I hope we can set this up. And stop all the bickering over funding when people clearly don't agree on beliefs.

Tax payers. They can start by directing some of that tax money from the defense budget to do this.
Asclepias I would reserve the defense budget to pay for VA reform and vets, also collateral damage from war.
That's plenty to pay for.

If you look what causes abortion it's relationship abuse, sex abuse incest, rape, etc.
It's a health care issue. So why not demand restitution for rape and crime, and use that to fund health care.
Abortion can be prevented by health education and counseling to stop abuses of relationships and of sex etc.
There is some military rape and abuse going on that could be covered by VA and defense budget.

But for civilians, why not resolve all issues of health care, from abortions to drug use or abuse/legalization issues.
Why not have health codes per state or district, where taxpayers agree what policies they want to fund or not to fund.
If you believe sex that leads to abortion is a form of abuse or rape, then the wrongdoers/abusers should pay the costs.

Why not separate health care and social benefits so taxpayers can fund what they believe in and not be forced otherwise?

You
Why?

You misunderstood my question. Why the extra cost, period. Why the need to change how medical waste is discarded?

You
Why?

You misunderstood my question. Why the extra cost, period. Why the need to change how medical waste is discarded?
Someone has to pay for the ovens you nazi's want to throw the corpses into.

You
Why?

Okay. I have tried, over several threads, to have rational, reasonable discussion with you.

You are offensive, insulting, and incapable of honest, reasonable discussion.

Welcome to the land of the ignored.

Why?

Okay. I have tried, over several threads, to have rational, reasonable discussion with you.

The other founder of the BLA is Assata Shakur . BTW

Thanks for playing.

This is yet another example of the authoritarianism common to most on the right, where most conservatives want more government at the expense of individual liberty.

We can only hope that this proposed idiocy is never implemented.

Why?

As is the case with most others on the right.

Most USMB conservatives are incapable of intelligent, good faith debate – this thread is yet another example of that.

It should not be a news flash that there are charges for disposing of the fetal material that results from an abortion. Why the objection that such an expense would appear in an itemized bill? In between tossing insults at those who believe abortion is murder, it sure sounds like some pro abortion folk are feeling squeamish about this. That's good. It means they realize that there is little person who was killed by abortion who deserves a decent burial.

It should not be a news flash that there are charges for disposing of the fetal material that results from an abortion. Why the objection that such an expense would appear in an itemized bill? In between tossing insults at those who believe abortion is murder, it sure sounds like some pro abortion folk are feeling squeamish about this. That's good. It means they realize that there is little person who was killed by abortion who deserves a decent burial.
I was going to say you're missing the point, but I guess your not. This is exactly what this is about. Shaming a woman into "admitting" that this medical waste was a "person", whether the woman agrees with that characterization, or not.

I was going to say you're missing the point, but I guess your not. This is exactly what this is about. Shaming a woman into "admitting" that this medical waste was a "person", whether the woman agrees with that characterization, or not.
If there is not shame in having an abortion, then the woman can't be shamed. There are consequences to the decision to abort one's baby, pretending an abortion is something else doesn't change that.

Forum List

Back