🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Furious backlash forces Huckabee to resign from country music foundation after only 1 day

Huckabee resigns from Country Music Foundation board after artist backlash Huckabee steps down after one day on country music board
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) stepped down from the Country Music Association (CMA) Foundation Board of Directors on Thursday amid backlash over his appointment.

"The CMA Foundation has accepted former Gov. Mike Huckabee’s resignation from its Board of Directors, effective immediately,"Amber Williams, vice president of CMA's communications and talent relations, said in a statement, according to the Tennessean.

Huckabee's resignation comes just one day after he was appointed to the role, and follows vocal opposition to his election from some CMA members over his opposition to LGBTQ rights.
The co-president of Monument Records and owner of Sandbox Entertainment, Jason Owen, said Huckabee's appointment was a "grossly offensive decision," while CMA member Whitney Pastorek called it disappointing.

“What a terrible disappointment to see [the CMA Foundation’s] mission clouded by the decision to align with someone who so frequently engages in the language of racism, sexism, and bigotry,” Pastorek told CMA executives, according to the Tennessean.

:boohoo: Why would anyone want the POS lying scumbag on their boards?:iyfyus.jpg:
That's what happens when they find out all your hit songs were actually sung by a chipmunk.....

Huckabee resigns from Country Music Foundation board after artist backlash Huckabee steps down after one day on country music board
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) stepped down from the Country Music Association (CMA) Foundation Board of Directors on Thursday amid backlash over his appointment.

"The CMA Foundation has accepted former Gov. Mike Huckabee’s resignation from its Board of Directors, effective immediately,"Amber Williams, vice president of CMA's communications and talent relations, said in a statement, according to the Tennessean.

Huckabee's resignation comes just one day after he was appointed to the role, and follows vocal opposition to his election from some CMA members over his opposition to LGBTQ rights.
The co-president of Monument Records and owner of Sandbox Entertainment, Jason Owen, said Huckabee's appointment was a "grossly offensive decision," while CMA member Whitney Pastorek called it disappointing.

“What a terrible disappointment to see [the CMA Foundation’s] mission clouded by the decision to align with someone who so frequently engages in the language of racism, sexism, and bigotry,” Pastorek told CMA executives, according to the Tennessean.

:boohoo: Why would anyone want the POS lying scumbag on their boards?:iyfyus.jpg:

One thing I know about Mike Huckabee is that he is no asshole. Just the opposite. He would be an immensely great president, fair, thoughtful, patriotic, constitutional, unbiased, informed, but he just doesn't have the public charisma and backing to ever get it done, unfortunately. People want "personalities." And while I know nothing of the matter you speak, the fact that you denounce Mike for whatever happened tells me that he did the right thing, because one thing I DO know is that if YOU are dead set against it, it must have been a very good thing.
I can tell you he does love to raise taxes...

How does any of that make Huckabee the asshole? Sounds like CMA are the assholes.

Huckabee is a religious ConMan Huckster Asshole before and after this.

No, he wasn’t, nor is he. Was a man with a calling who did his job. You disagree with him so to your feeble mind, he’s an asshole.
:cuckoo::itsok: Keep trying! I'm 0.666% seeing your BS points here.
To flip to the DOPer side.

You disagree with Graham so he’s an asshole, you disagree with me so I’m bull shitting. Basically you are intellectually bankrupt and can do nothing but mock senselessly. Good bye retard.

Looks like even the country music crowd is changing, there is hope for America

Jason Owen, co-president of Monument Records and owner at Sandbox Entertainment, called the appointment a "grossly offensive decision" in an email to the association's CEO Sarah Trahern and CMA Foundation executive Tiffany Kerns.

Owen wrote that due to Huckabee’s election to the CMA Foundation’s board, neither his companies nor anyone they represent would continue to support the foundation.

Owen and his husband, Sam, are fathers to a young son and are expecting twins. Owen said that Huckabee’s stance on the LGBT community “made it clear my family is not welcome in his America.”

"Only one day later, Huckabee penned a resignation letter painting himself as the victim. The man who is regularly booked on Fox News precisely because he’s a bully is now a poor little victim."

Furious backlash forces Huckabee to resign from country music foundation after only 1 day

maybe his daughter sarah can get her boss, the twitller to tweet insults

Well, to be honest there are no gay country music fans, anyway. Nothing they would have to say involves beer, trucks, honky-tonks, divorce, or achy-breaky hearts.

Don't believe daily kos. It was one homo. Huckabee did not want the message of the CMA diluted by homosexuality.

Well, to be honest there are no gay country music fans, anyway. Nothing they would have to say involves beer, trucks, honky-tonks, divorce, or achy-breaky hearts.
C'mon, just like everyone else they have dogs that die.

Last edited:

Jason Owen, co-president of Monument Records and owner at Sandbox Entertainment, called the appointment a "grossly offensive decision" in an email to the association's CEO Sarah Trahern and CMA Foundation executive Tiffany Kerns.

Owen wrote that due to Huckabee’s election to the CMA Foundation’s board, neither his companies nor anyone they represent would continue to support the foundation.

Owen and his husband, Sam, are fathers to a young son and are expecting twins. Owen said that Huckabee’s stance on the LGBT community “made it clear my family is not welcome in his America.”

"Only one day later, Huckabee penned a resignation letter painting himself as the victim. The man who is regularly booked on Fox News precisely because he’s a bully is now a poor little victim."

The intolerance for Christians by leftist and fags just never ceases does it?

The intolerance for Christians by leftist and fags just never ceases does it?

OK, I don't recall Christ ever condemning "fags" (homosexuals). But, if he ever mentioned them at all, I am sure that his message would have been to embrace them. In short, trying to hide your bigotry behind the cross don't work any more. You are not a Christian, and your self righteous bigotry defines you.

The "inclusive", "tolerant" left strikes again! Heil Hitler!

Ignorance, bigotry, and hate should be rejected wherever it manifests.

NOBODY is as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as the American left. You guys call for "inclusion" and "tolerance" and you're the least inclusive or tolerant people in existence. Remember the saying that "I may not agree with what you're saying, but I'll fight till the death for your right to say it"? The left abandoned that principle. You guys brand and smear anyone that disagrees with you as "hateful" and "bigoted" and so forth.

More like the foundation wants to be open to all, and a zealot like Huckleberry isn't compatible with that. Continue trying to portray yourself as a victim though snowflake.

More like the foundation wants to be open to all, and a zealot like Huckleberry isn't compatible with that. Continue trying to portray yourself as a victim though snowflake.

Yea, anyone who believes in traditional marriage must not be permitted to be a part of anything, right? Only people that think like YOU should be able to participate, right? You and your ilk are the epitome of hateful fascists. Stick that up your twat.

NOBODY is as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as the American left. You guys call for "inclusion" and "tolerance" and you're the least inclusive or tolerant people in existence. Remember the saying that "I may not agree with what you're saying, but I'll fight till the death for your right to say it"? The left abandoned that principle. You guys brand and smear anyone that disagrees with you as "hateful" and "bigoted" and so forth.
Yes, how dare the rev huckleberry have the spotlight shown upon him for what he says

The old peckerwood is being called out for years of his stuff

Mike Huckabee Says Trump Isn’t Racist Because He Let Jews Into Mar-a-Lago

Mike Huckabee crosses the fine line between stupidity and racism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-on-beyonce-and-jay-z/?utm_term=.8d40f08d7dcf

Yes, how dare the rev huckleberry have the spotlight shown upon him for what he says

The old peckerwood is being called out for years of his stuff

Mike Huckabee Says Trump Isn’t Racist Because He Let Jews Into Mar-a-Lago

Mike Huckabee crosses the fine line between stupidity and racism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-on-beyonce-and-jay-z/?utm_term=.8d40f08d7dcf

I don't have an issue with criticism. I'm sure Huckabee doesn't either. But the America left's crusade to censor, ban and ostracize everyone that doesn't share their philosophy, is totalitarian. It's wrong. I'm all for tolerance and inclusiveness of everyone and, especially, their ideas, even those with which I disagree. Why can't you guys dig this?

Yea, anyone who believes in traditional marriage must not be permitted to be a part of anything, right? Only people that think like YOU should be able to participate, right? You and your ilk are the epitome of hateful fascists. Stick that up your twat.
No snowflake. No one is against traditional marriage. Those like you who want to limit others freedom aren't wanted, too bad you zealots can't control the public. Continue with your victim complex snowflake

No snowflake. No one is against traditional marriage. Those like you who want to limit others freedom aren't wanted, too bad you zealots can't control the public. Continue with your victim complex snowflake
Thankfully things are changing

Forum List

Back