Future Technology: Will Robots takeover jobs?

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm sure you heard or talked about how technology is advancing at an alarming pace? A lot of corporations and factories replaced human workers with robots. Why would companies want to replace human workers with robots? Simply to save money and have a higher production rate. Wouldn't have to pay each worker a hourly rate or salary, and robots don't need breaks or need to have a lunch. Wouldn't worry about employees being late or having to pay employees overtime. I understand that, since we live in a world driven by money. Still not right though.
What if you had an opportunity to purchase a robot to take your place at your job? Obviously not all jobs can be done by a robot, but what if your job could? Everything stays the same, keep your pay keep your benefits, only difference is now you can spend more time with your family and do things you always wanted to do.
Would you purchase one?
What do you guys think about the idea?

I'm sure you heard or talked about how technology is advancing at an alarming pace? A lot of corporations and factories replaced human workers with robots. Why would companies want to replace human workers with robots? Simply to save money and have a higher production rate. Wouldn't have to pay each worker a hourly rate or salary, and robots don't need breaks or need to have a lunch. Wouldn't worry about employees being late or having to pay employees overtime. I understand that, since we live in a world driven by money. Still not right though.
What if you had an opportunity to purchase a robot to take your place at your job? Obviously not all jobs can be done by a robot, but what if your job could? Everything stays the same, keep your pay keep your benefits, only difference is now you can spend more time with your family and do things you always wanted to do.
Would you purchase one?
will?

it's been done already.

look at Detroit.

hell, the place I work is hiring 1300 less people this season, and it will be even less next year.

Service and incompetence is so bad all over that I'm starting to welcome the idea of Robots, at least they'll get back to you, look how persistant those robo calls are. *L*

The Government wont sit back and lose all the taxes workers pay....there will be robot taxes thus no savings. You wont shaft Uncle Sam out of his money

Would you purchase one?

It is an inverse relationship. Companies use robots to replace people and increase profit. But fewer people can buy their products now. And there is a lot of redundancy in this system but soon enough the inverse causality will start diminishing profit.

This idea of replacing people with robots will work very well at first. But there is no free lunch and it will play itself out and prove to be unsustainable. People spending money is what drives an economy. As the commodity of spending money decreases, buying decreases. This is exactly how recessions and depressions happen.

Yeah but tax collector bots can be neutralized by pulling out their battery. :)

Dey already got a robot dat took Uncle Ferd's job...

... atta dry cleanery where he used to work...

... dat wrings farts outta shirt-tails.

Would you purchase one?
will?

it's been done already.

look at Detroit.

hell, the place I work is hiring 1300 less people this season, and it will be even less next year.
The second sentence in my post I mentioned a lot of corporations and factories replaced human workers with robots. Maybe I should of added, There already are before a lot. This subject just popped up in my head and I wondered, what if you could purchase a robot to do your work, and still get paid and benefits? I just think its an interesting thought and possible solution to the millions who will become unemployed, when and if production workers get replaced by robots. I worked at factories where they already had robots, but a person needed to run it because robots aren't 100% percent perfect. A person would need to fix tools and clear types of jamming, and of coarse the robot needs programed.
Having a robot to do your job could also benefit by preventing common injuries such as, carpal tunnel and tennis elbow. A lot of factory work is repetitive and after time can cause injury to nerves, joints, and muscles. Robots could benefit both the worker and employer, various ways. If you weren't able to afford one, the company could lease you one for a low monthly fee or rent to own.
Question is would you purchase a robot to do your job for you? You would get to keep getting paid(might take a small pay cut) keep your benefits and have more time to spend with family and be able to do things you always wanted to do.

One of the things I have read in several different places is that our entire society will have to change drastically to survive.

With the increase in technology, there will not be a job for everyone. There will be far, far fewer jobs. I see no reason to expect the population to shrink.

At some point, there will be a society in which "earning a living" will be a thing of the past. This is not happening soon. But it will happen or society will collapse.

Would you purchase one?
will?

it's been done already.

look at Detroit.

The second sentence in my post I mentioned a lot of corporations and factories replaced human workers with robots. Maybe I should of added, There already are before a lot. This subject just popped up in my head and I wondered, what if you could purchase a robot to do your work, and still get paid and benefits? I just think its an interesting thought and possible solution to the millions who will become unemployed, when and if production workers get replaced by robots. I worked at factories where they already had robots, but a person needed to run it because robots aren't 100% percent perfect. A person would need to fix tools and clear types of jamming, and of coarse the robot needs programed.
Having a robot to do your job could also benefit by preventing common injuries such as, carpal tunnel and tennis elbow. A lot of factory work is repetitive and after time can cause injury to nerves, joints, and muscles. Robots could benefit both the worker and employer, various ways. If you weren't able to afford one, the company could lease you one for a low monthly fee or rent to own.
Question is would you purchase a robot to do your job for you? You would get to keep getting paid(might take a small pay cut) keep your benefits and have more time to spend with family and be able to do things you always wanted to do.
No one will pay you to let them use your robot.

it would be far easier to buy and use one for costs.

Dude30 wrote: Robots could benefit both the worker and employer, various ways. If you weren't able to afford one, the company could lease you one for a low monthly fee or rent to own.

Kinda would defeat the expense saving purpose for the employer wouldn't it?

Last edited:
There will be some jobs created such as designers, coders, mechanics etc, but there will be far more jobs lost.

The biggest myth out there is that the US doesn’t manufacture anything. This is bullshit. In fact we have seen a large movement of inshoring. However the reason for this is because of the mass amount of automation we have created. Robotics are now doing the job of a few dozen men. So while manufacturing is increasing the jobs aren’t coming back.

Same thing with farming. We produce more food than ever, but so few people work in agriculture now.

The next sector to take a hit will be in transportation. Self driving vehicles will be perfected within 10 yrs. This means taxi, uber drivers, limo drivers, deliver men, truck drivers and even airplane pilots will be replaced. That is a ton of decent paying jobs.

A.I. Is also growing. This will cut out white collar jobs like model builders, accountants, finance people, coders etc.

Scary but true

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Dude40 wrote: Robots could benefit both the worker and employer, various ways. If you weren't able to afford one, the company could lease you one for a low monthly fee or rent to own.

Kinda would defeat the expense saving purpose for the employer wouldn't it?
But robots would get more product done then a human. So with more product being shipped out the door the more money the employer would make. The company would lease you one that they already had to replace a human.

Would you purchase one?
will?

it's been done already.

look at Detroit.

What I'm saying is, it would be a solution for when robots do replace humans, so that humans could still have a job. There isn't enough jobs for every single person in our nation as it is, so when robots do replace humans there is going to be much much less jobs for people. Just thinking outside the box.

Service and incompetence is so bad all over that I'm starting to welcome the idea of Robots, at least they'll get back to you, look how persistant those robo calls are. *L*

AFTER Spending all day on the phone with
my phone service aprox 5 different people 4 different times 4 broken promises and lies later, I am ready for that robot invasion. *slaps forehead*
tmp-cam--493075111.jpg

Would you purchase one?
will?

it's been done already.

look at Detroit.

What I'm saying is, it would be a solution for when robots do replace humans, so that humans could still have a job. There isn't enough jobs for every single person in our nation as it is, so when robots do replace humans there is going to be much much less jobs for people. Just thinking outside the box.
Would you purchase one?
will?

it's been done already.

look at Detroit.

Still won't happen.

Nice daydream though.

Would you purchase one?
No because then the government could not bleed us on taxes.

Forum List

Back