🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

G O P Lawmakers Continue To Stoke Ebola Fears

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

With fears running high after the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the U.S., Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) are doing their part to keep Americans scared. Both lawmakers said this week that the 3,000 troops President Barack Obama is sending to West Africa to fight the virus will return infected and spread Ebola at home.

"You also have to be concerned about 3,000 soldiers getting back on a ship," Paul said in a Wednesday interview with radio host Laura Ingraham. "Where is disease most transmittable? When you're in a very close confines on a ship -- we all know about cruises and how they get these diarrhea viruses that are transmitted very easily. Can you imagine if a whole ship full of our soldiers catch Ebola?"

“I think because of political correctness we’re not really making sound, rational, scientific decisions on this," he added.

Paul, who is a likely contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, went on to say that the Obama administration had downplayed the risk of sending U.S. military personnel to Ebola-infected areas.

Gohmert echoed some of Paul's sentiments on Thursday, telling Lou Dobbs of Fox News that political correctness was behind Obama's decision to dispatch "3,000 military into where they can get Ebola that they can bring back."

"The military is not trained to go catch Ebola and die. They're trained to go in and kill the people that want to come back and kill us," Gohmert said. "The president’s priorities are all mixed up here. All you got to do is shut down traffic in and out of places where there’s high risk of Ebola.”

Few members of Congress voiced any disagreement in mid-September when the White House first announced plans to send troops to combat the Ebola virus. Even Republican leaders like House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) endorsed the decision, offering rare praise for the president.

"What the administration's doing is correct," McConnell said at the time.

More: GOP Lawmakers Continue To Stoke Ebola Fears

Once again, Republicans try to politicize a crisis and twist it for partisan gain.

Here's a question I just have to ask: What kind of moron would not be afraid of Ebola?

I'm not the slightest bit afraid of Ebola.

The odds of me catching ebola are about equal to the odds of me getting struck by lightening. There are a thousand other things more likely to kill me than ebola, and I'm not scared of most of them, either.

If you want to live in fear, I won't try to stop you. But you shouldn't expect everyone to dive under their beds with you.

So how is stopping airline traffic from ebola hot spots in Africa to the US going to affect you personally?
Better safe than sorry as they say/

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

With fears running high after the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the U.S., Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) are doing their part to keep Americans scared. Both lawmakers said this week that the 3,000 troops President Barack Obama is sending to West Africa to fight the virus will return infected and spread Ebola at home.

"You also have to be concerned about 3,000 soldiers getting back on a ship," Paul said in a Wednesday interview with radio host Laura Ingraham. "Where is disease most transmittable? When you're in a very close confines on a ship -- we all know about cruises and how they get these diarrhea viruses that are transmitted very easily. Can you imagine if a whole ship full of our soldiers catch Ebola?"

“I think because of political correctness we’re not really making sound, rational, scientific decisions on this," he added.

Paul, who is a likely contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, went on to say that the Obama administration had downplayed the risk of sending U.S. military personnel to Ebola-infected areas.

Gohmert echoed some of Paul's sentiments on Thursday, telling Lou Dobbs of Fox News that political correctness was behind Obama's decision to dispatch "3,000 military into where they can get Ebola that they can bring back."

"The military is not trained to go catch Ebola and die. They're trained to go in and kill the people that want to come back and kill us," Gohmert said. "The president’s priorities are all mixed up here. All you got to do is shut down traffic in and out of places where there’s high risk of Ebola.”

Few members of Congress voiced any disagreement in mid-September when the White House first announced plans to send troops to combat the Ebola virus. Even Republican leaders like House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) endorsed the decision, offering rare praise for the president.

Once again, Republicans try to politicize a crisis and twist it for partisan gain.

Here's a question I just have to ask: What kind of moron would not be afraid of Ebola?

The odds of me catching ebola are about equal to the odds of me getting struck by lightening. There are a thousand other things more likely to kill me than ebola, and I'm not scared of most of them, either.

If you want to live in fear, I won't try to stop you. But you shouldn't expect everyone to dive under their beds with you.

Nobody is under their beds except you.

You have your head buried in the sand.
That's ok...but when it happens we will look at you in disgust and laugh because we warned you.

:lol:

What are you going to do when it doesn't happen? I'm going to bet you'll pretend this conversation never happened.

I don't know what's funnier to me, the pants-pissing fear, or the pathetic attempts to blame Obama for it.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

So how is stopping airline traffic from ebola hot spots in Africa to the US going to affect you personally?

It wouldn't affect me at all.

But no - it's not better to be "safe" when it means throwing away liberties for temporary safety. If you want to buy into the "it's for your own good" garbage.

Why am I under other people's beds to begin with? You do understand how quarantines work right? Further, you realize that the wonder drugs used for the first three patients is not adequate to cover more than a dozen more people, if that? Hey Doc, if you're not afraid, why not volunteer to help with the Ebola patients?

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

Those who live, eat, and sleep on a bed of roses; ignoring the thorns underneath.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

But no - it's not better to be "safe" when it means throwing away liberties for temporary safety. If you want to buy into the "it's for your own good" garbage.

Ok than you agree we should get rid of TSA screening at the airports too since it means throwing away liberties for temporary safety.

Republicans act like Obama can just pull up the drawbridge and the scariness can just stay in the nation of Africa.

He pretty much can, numskull. We can terminate all visas from West Africa, and all flights. That would eliminate 98% of the risk.

Mysterious Respiratory Virus Spreading Across U.S. Linked To Four Deaths

A mysterious respiratory illness has been spreading across the U.S. for months. Now, doctors have found the virus in four people who died.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has detected Enterovirus D68, or EV-D68, in four people, including 10-year-old Emily Otrando of Rhode Island. According to the Rhode Island State Health Department, Otrando died from a staph infection “associated with enteroviral infection.”

Beyond that, there are a lot of unanswered questions. The other people who died and then tested positive for EV-D68 have not been publicly identified. And in every case, it’s unclear what role EV-D68 actually played in their deaths, the CDC reported. At this point, medical investigators are still scrambling to understand what is happening.

The virus has now appeared in 42 states and the District of Columbia.

More: Mysterious Respiratory Virus Spreading Across U.S. Linked To Four Deaths

Something else to think about.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

I'll have the CDC send a dozen Ebola exposed persons over to your house to wait out the incubation period.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

You are being wholly complacent.

During the influenza outbreak in the 1800's, many people paid for their complacency by dying from a now completely curable disease. Same thing with the Cholera outbreak. In the 1940's our complacency with the Japanese cost us the lives of thousands of sailors in Pearl Harbor. Our melancholy approach to national security in the 1990's led to the 9/11 attacks. You fail to understand, we desire permanent safety, from a disease that will kill us if left unchecked.

Do you really trust this government with that task? They can't even manage a budget, let alone quell an epidemic. Your faith in governemt ultimately misplaced, Doc. You don't have the right to deny us the task of preserving our own well being. Do you want those Ebola patients roaming the streets, contaminating everything they touch? I am encountering a lot of disturbing people and opinions tonight, yours is but one more.

Did it ever occur to some of you that Africans may have built up an immunity to Ebola? It has been there a long time. We on the other hand, have not. All we have is better sanitary conditions and access to medicines.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

What fears? It will kill far more LIBTARDS than real Americans...not a bad thing.

I never considered the possibility that it would have a silver lining.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

Ok than you agree we should get rid of TSA screening at the airports too since it means throwing away liberties for temporary safety.

First, EXACTLY who said "we should get rid of TSA screening at the airports"?

Second, it has always been RWs who are against TSA screening.

Mysterious Respiratory Virus Spreading Across U.S. Linked To Four Deaths

A mysterious respiratory illness has been spreading across the U.S. for months. Now, doctors have found the virus in four people who died.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has detected Enterovirus D68, or EV-D68, in four people, including 10-year-old Emily Otrando of Rhode Island. According to the Rhode Island State Health Department, Otrando died from a staph infection “associated with enteroviral infection.”

Beyond that, there are a lot of unanswered questions. The other people who died and then tested positive for EV-D68 have not been publicly identified. And in every case, it’s unclear what role EV-D68 actually played in their deaths, the CDC reported. At this point, medical investigators are still scrambling to understand what is happening.

The virus has now appeared in 42 states and the District of Columbia.

More: Mysterious Respiratory Virus Spreading Across U.S. Linked To Four Deaths

Something else to think about.

Rhode Island?

RWs think that's next to Mexico.

Republicans act like Obama can just pull up the drawbridge and the scariness can just stay in the nation of Africa.
Stupid he most certainly can close access to flights from countries that have the infection.
Getting here from Africa usually requires multiple stops and plane changes in various other countries. The Texas case took four flights to get here, we do not have any system in place to track the international movement of every human on earth.

Forum List

Back