🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

G O P Lawmakers Continue To Stoke Ebola Fears

Nothing to worry about. Everything is fine.

Isis?..no problem. They aren't islamic said our president.....Ebola? We have it contained....LMAO...
We will maintain our open border policy....so americans can continue to experience unrestricted "diversity"..and "multiculturalism".

Ebola Answers

What precautions does the CDC require of Texas Health Dallas?

To protect hospital patients, visitors and staff, Texas Health Dallas is following the following CDC precautions:

• Isolating patients with Ebola or Ebola symptoms from other patients.
  • Wearing protective clothing, including masks, gloves, gowns, and eye protection.
  • Practicing proper infection control and sterilization measures.
  • Notifying health officials if anyone has direct contact with the blood or body fluids, such as but not limited to, feces, saliva, urine, vomit, and semen of a person who is sick with Ebola.
If I visited or have been a patient at Texas Health Dallas recently, do I risk exposure to Ebola?
Ebola is only transmitted through direct contact with blood or body fluids of an infected person. Texas Health Dallas is taking every precaution to protect patients, healthcare workers and visitors.

How do I know if I was in an area of the hospital close to the person who may have been exposed to Ebola?
Texas Health Dallas is following strict CDC protocols relative to isolation of the exposed patient. Visitors and patients are kept at a safe distance from isolation areas and these areas are only accessible by healthcare professionals assigned to the medical care of the patient involved.

Download PDFDownload PDF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Will you release information about where the person who was exposed to Ebola traveled, lived and places he or she may have visited in Dallas?
Patient information is strictly protected information. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may release further information if they determine there is a public health need. Questions of this nature should be directed to CDC Info line at 1-800-CDC-INFO.

Should I still keep my scheduled appointments at Texas Health Dallas?
After consultation with the CDC, Texas Department of Health and other healthcare officials, we are confident that Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is a safe place for patients, physicians, staff, volunteers and the general public.

Will you release information about where the person who was exposed to Ebola is located in the hospital?
The patient has been kept in isolation following all CDC guidelines. Isolation areas are not accessible by the general public, patients or guests. Patient information is not releasable at any time without direct consent by the patient.

What is Ebola Virus Disease?
Ebola, previously known as Ebola hemorrhagic fever, is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with one of the Ebola virus strains.

How is Ebola transmitted?
Ebola viruses are transmitted through direct contact with blood or body fluids. Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food.

What does “direct contact” mean?
Direct contact means that body fluids (blood, saliva, mucus, vomit, urine, or feces) from an infected person (alive or dead) have touched someone’s eyes, nose, or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.

What are body fluids?
Ebola has been detected in blood and many body fluids. Body fluids include saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine, and semen.

Can Ebola spread by coughing or sneezing?
Respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes. Ebola is only transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, but if a patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.

Can Ebola be spread through mosquitos?
There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola viruses. Only mammals (for example, humans, bats, monkeys and apes) have shown the ability to spread and become infected with Ebola virus.

How long does Ebola live outside the body?
Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.

Where can I find more information about Ebola?
Visit the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: www.cdc.gov/ebola

Ebola is out of the bag. Terrorists will try to maximize biological warfare. It will get much worse before it ever gets better.

Is mystery respiratory illness and spreading Ebola biological warfare? - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com
obama-meteor-failure.jpg
Oh my, Allen West is an expert on epidemiology. Who'd have thought it?

Forum List

Back