GA 6 Special Election - in game thread

Yet Ossoff kicked ass on the R's: that cannot be played any other way. He stomped them.

So the seat is up for grabs, far different than anyone would have suspected.

The softness of the seat is due to Trump's lack of decorum and ability as President, directly attributable to Trump.

How did he "kick their ass"?

It was a wide open field for Republicans while the Dems made sure they only had one viable candidate on the ballot.

Their goal was reaching 50% in the prelims, they failed.

So I guess it was bullshit to say that Trump 'kicked ass' in the primaries because the 15 other candidates were simply splitting the opposition vote.

Some have noticed that Georgia District #6 is not a Trump District at all. The further right or further pro-Trump the Republican, the less well the Republican did. The face-off will tend to be more between two moderates, with the Trump Flower-Power vote not really interested.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
"If you're going. . . .to Mira La-go! Be sure to wear. . .some flowers in your hair(?)!" Notably missing in the weekend trips to Florida--seem to be Republican Congressmen and Senators(?). . .who may have a different take on it all(?)!)
If the Trumpers are not interested, the seat is in danger of going Dem.

If the Trumpers are interested, the seat is in danger of going Dem.

The point is ~ the Dems have a decent chance where they should have no chance.

Yet they didn't win. The R's garnered more votes than the D. Seems as though he will lose the runoff.

Let's see if the DNC doubles down or not. They spent a ton of money trying to get their guy to 50% in the initial election and failed, will they throw more money now that its a two person race?

And the Republicans won't spend any money, I take it...

Some have noticed that Georgia District #6 is not a Trump District at all. The further right or further pro-Trump the Republican, the less well the Republican did. The face-off will tend to be more between two moderates, with the Trump Flower-Power vote not really interested.

"If you're going. . . .to Mira La-go! Be sure to wear. . .some flowers in your hair(?)!" Notably missing in the weekend trips to Florida--seem to be Republican Congressmen and Senators(?). . .who may have a different take on it all(?)!)

There were more than 5000 extra votes for Rep than the Dems in the election. If they sway those voters over they have if, since it will be only 2 candidates thus time..
48% is one helluva start for the runoff.

We'll see how Handel performs now, but he's in a good spot.

This would be a legitimate momentum-starter for the Dems, if he wins.

Trump did win and the Democrat ran better than Clinton in that district. The problem is that the Republicans will need to get every vote that was cast for other Republican candidates. Handel starts at 20% to the Democrat's 48%. There is no boogeyman the Republicans can run against as they had with Clinton.

And the district does not like Trump, apparently having voters' remorse since Nov.

Yet Ossoff kicked ass on the R's: that cannot be played any other way. He stomped them.

So the seat is up for grabs, far different than anyone would have suspected.

The softness of the seat is due to Trump's lack of decorum and ability as President, directly attributable to Trump.

How did he "kick their ass"?

It was a wide open field for Republicans while the Dems made sure they only had one viable candidate on the ballot.

Their goal was reaching 50% in the prelims, they failed.

So I guess it was bullshit to say that Trump 'kicked ass' in the primaries because the 15 other candidates were simply splitting the opposition vote.

I was one of the people explicitly saying Trump got the nomination because of the frayed GOP field and the fact it stayed frayed about 2 months too long.

Look up my previous posts if you want confirmation.

I went from a Walker guy, to a Jindal guy, to a Cruz guy before finally deciding to vote Trump in the voting booth.

If the Trumpers are not interested, the seat is in danger of going Dem.

If the Trumpers are interested, the seat is in danger of going Dem.

The point is ~ the Dems have a decent chance where they should have no chance.

Yet they didn't win. The R's garnered more votes than the D. Seems as though he will lose the runoff.

Let's see if the DNC doubles down or not. They spent a ton of money trying to get their guy to 50% in the initial election and failed, will they throw more money now that its a two person race?

And the Republicans won't spend any money, I take it...

The Dems spent more $$ than all the Republican candidates combined in the preliminary. Maybe now that the race is a one on one they will spend some $$.

The real question is if the Dems double down or not.

Democrat very narrowly doesn't win outright in a deeply Republican district.
Republicans that embraced Trump lost.

Trump says? - VICTORY!

[Q

That is less bullshit than you stupid delusional Moon Bats claiming that the Pajama Boy getting 48% of the votes was somehow a refutation of President Trump.

Forum List

Back