Gabby Giffords Lobbies Senate To Tighten Gun Restrictions On Accused Domestic Abusers

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
"Alleged" and "Accused" are the operatives words here. Apparently Senate Democrats hold a great deal of disdain for our justice system as we are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I can go make an accusation against anyone for anything; that doesn't make it true and we shouldn't be punishing people based on mere accusations. This is just one more attack by the anti-gun crowd to try and dismember our Constitutional rights, all while continuing to lie about how that isn't their goal.

The senators said they will take the lead on legislation that would prohibit accused domestic abusers with temporary protective orders issued against them from possessing or purchasing a gun. Current federal gun restrictions only apply to people with permanent protective orders issued against them -- but Blumenthal said that gives alleged abusers a several-day window in which to retain their guns and potentially harm their partner or spouse.

Gabby Giffords Lobbies Senate To Tighten Gun Restrictions On Accused Domestic Abusers

Wait a second, accused violators? Wow, liberalsmwill try ever trick but punishing the criminals

"Alleged" and "Accused" are the operatives words here. Apparently Senate Democrats hold a great deal of disdain for our justice system as we are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Well, it's not like they don't have a plan. They take away the gun from the husband, and of course they wouldn't, you know, break the law and get one anyway. Sure, a deranged guy might kill his wife with a legal gun, but an illegal one? That would be crossing the line, they just wouldn't go there. And of course a guy can't think of any other way to kill his wife besides with a gun, so then they can safely make sure she doesn't have a gun to defend herself, it's not necessary. Then when he kills her, they draw a line around the body and ask a lot of questions to figure out how it happened and the liberal politicians point fingers and say this proves again that only government can be trusted to have guns. Doesn't that work for you?

If only the shooter had been a better shot we wouldn't have to put up with this crap from a former pro gun incumbent.

The guy who shot her wasn't accused of domestic abuse. He was freaking crazy and the local (democrat) sheriff tried to blame Rush Limbaugh.

This crap started with that old craphead Frank Lautenberg, who managed to get passed into law that someone loses a constitutional right over a misdemeanor. Now Giffords wants to double down on fascism and make even the accusation of a misdemeanor grounds to lose rights. However I seem to recall some language somewhere about not denying anyone rights except by due process. Where was that again?

temporary....cry about it

How about we temporarily suspend your right to Due Process or temporarily suspend your right to vote or temporarily suspend your right to an unreasonable search and/or seizure?

Cry about that

really---who gives a fuck if your rights are temporarily taken away.

shrug.....im over people who wont budge at all on guns crying over it.

Why should I or anyone else budge on our rights just because you wet your bed at night in fear? If you don't like the Second Amendment then work to have it amended.

wet my bed? it will never be amended...You people cling so hard to it. can't even do sensible actions towards it because its all or nothing with you people.

yeah, you want to throw out the rule of law in this country because you're a far left wing fascist.

Forum List

Back