Gallup Poll: GOP Hits Record Low

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Republican Party's Rating Plummets To 'Record Low'

Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, down 10 percentage points from last month, according to a Gallup poll. The polling firm called it a "record low," noting that "this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

While the Democratic Party isn’t popular either, it fared better, with 43 percent of Americans approving of the party -- down a comparatively small 4 points from September.

The percentage of Americans rating the Republicans unfavorably also reached a record high of 60 percent, while 49 percent gave the Democrats a negative rating. Remarkably, more than one-quarter of Republicans (27 percent) viewed their own party unfavorably.

2013-10-09-GallupGOPFavorability.png

I think the 27% of the Republican Party that disapproves of their own party are the moderates and more reasonable minded people who are alarmed at the way their party has been taken over by the radical Tea Party types and/or do not approve of the way they are handling the shutdown and debt ceiling crisis. How anyone can approve of that is beyond me.

Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, down 10 percentage points from last month, according to a Gallup poll. The polling firm called it a "record low," noting that "this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

While the Democratic Party isn’t popular either, it fared better, with 43 percent of Americans approving of the party -- down a comparatively small 4 points from September.

The percentage of Americans rating the Republicans unfavorably also reached a record high of 60 percent, while 49 percent gave the Democrats a negative rating. Remarkably, more than one-quarter of Republicans (27 percent) viewed their own party unfavorably.

I'm sure Ted Cruz is feeling like an idiot. He fucked up big time. I'm sure if you looked up "backfire" in the next version of Webster's dictionary, you will see a picture of Ted Cruz.

And Odummers approval ratings plummets to 37%

-Geaux

AP Poll: Obama Approval Plummets to 37

Radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh attacked survey results released on Wednesday that blamed Republicans for the federal shutdown while burying the news that President Barack Obama's approval ratings had plunged to 37 percent among Americans surveyed.

"The point is, once again, there is no media, there is no news," the conservative host said, according to a transcript of his afternoon program. "This is the Democrat Party with activists disguised as journalists. Thirty-seven percent approval.

"And it's not some outlier poll," Limbaugh continued. "You have to read over halfway down into that story to learn that. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's been on AP, but have you seen anybody else pick that up? It's just classic."

I'm sure Ted Cruz is feeling like an idiot. He fucked up big time. I'm sure if you looked up "backfire" in the next version of Webster's dictionary, you will see a picture of Ted Cruz.

He's also under the word idiot, attention whore, and asshole. He gets around.

-Geaux

Radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh attacked survey results released on Wednesday that blamed Republicans for the federal shutdown while burying the news that President Barack Obama's approval ratings had plunged to 37 percent among Americans surveyed.

"The point is, once again, there is no media, there is no news," the conservative host said, according to a transcript of his afternoon program. "This is the Democrat Party with activists disguised as journalists. Thirty-seven percent approval.

"And it's not some outlier poll," Limbaugh continued. "You have to read over halfway down into that story to learn that. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's been on AP, but have you seen anybody else pick that up? It's just classic."

Rush Limbaugh sure is a whiner isn't he?

-Geaux

How exactly does this make the GOP superior to Obama?

Much like 1999 when they impeached Clinton, Republicans are hoping that it is only a momentary blip that they can ride out

The poor slightly retarded Baggers are taking a huge hit. This is getting good!

Bush had a higher approval rating than Obama at this point in his presidency.

Bush had higher approval rating than Obama at this point | The Daily Caller

He also holds the record of the lowest approval rating of any president in history. Obama's approval ratings aren't that great I'll admit, but i am willing to bet they will remain stable up until his term is over.

Stable from here?

I agree.. To many junkies dependent on the government tit which they know Obamas pull out without question

Kind of like the crack whore who gets beat down and keeps coming back. Or the battered wife syndrome

-Geaux

He also holds the record of the lowest approval rating of any president in history. Obama's approval ratings aren't that great I'll admit, but i am willing to bet they will remain stable up until his term is over.
Wait until people are forced to buy Obama's insurance at a higher rate than they're paying now, with less coverage, substandard care, and mandatory end of life counselling. Then we'll see what happens to his approval ratings.

Wait until people are forced to buy Obama's insurance at a higher rate than they're paying now, with less coverage, substandard care, and mandatory end of life counselling. Then we'll see what happens to his approval ratings.

How can they buy into the Exchanges at a higher rate than they pay now?

They are voluntary. If you can get a better rate on the individual market.......take it

They are voluntary. If you can get a better rate on the individual market.......take it

As a result of Obamacare, my insurance rose 76% ($168/month) in the past year

Whomever is the benefactor of my money.......

Kiss my a$$

-Geaux

Kiss my a$$

-Geaux

Your insurance sucks then....mine didn't go up at all

Maybe you should consider an Exchange

Kiss my a$$

-Geaux

Because you're probably not paying for it.

The rest of us are

-Geaux

Kiss my a$$

-Geaux

Maybe you should consider an Exchange

Agreed....As I approach retirement (I Hope) I will see if my continued employee insurance is better than an exchange insurance. Until the exchanges came about I really had no other option.

My wife's has not gone up.

My family's has not gone up.

Several older neighbors in the condo have had their insurance go down a bit.

One went up significantly but qualifies for the subsidies, so less out of her pocket.

Forum List

Back