Game Over For Obama

exactly right, liberal programs never work, never have, never will. But I guess we have to destroy our economy in order to learn that simple lesson.

Is that why the Tea Party tried to destroy the economy? They just wanted to teach liberals a lesson?

first tell me how the 30 or 40 tea party members of the house have the power to shut down the govt, default on the debt, put barricades around monuments, and "destroy the economy".

you certainly give the small group of people a lot of power and authority.

Your short term memory loss gives lie to your claim that you have an MBA. They did it by breaking their oath and not passing a bill to fully fund the legislation that was required to operate the government. They also threatened to destroy the economy by not raising the debt ceiling either.

There's an undertone of panic in the words of the conservatives here.

"Obama is doomed! HE'S DOOMED I TELL YOU! DOOMED! DOOMED! DOOOOOOMED! MOMMY, MAKE THE MEAN MEAN OBAMA BE DOOMED! WAAAAAAAH!"

So, Obama is doomed yet another time? Golly, we've never heard that before. Must be true this time, because things are totally different from all the other times he was doomed.

:happy-1:

No shit...but let them dream. I loved when they said this over and over when he was running against McCain and Romney. How did that work out. :eusa_whistle:

the easy answer would be to repeal it and then pass a one page law that said the following:

1. insurance companies cannot deny coverage to anyone with a pre-existing condition
2. no insurance policy shall have a lifetime maximum payment
3. insurance companies may compete across state lines
4. no malpractice award may exceed $500,000
5. the loser in a malpractice suit pays all court and legal costs
6. the govt will buy a medical policy for every citizen whose AGI is less than $xxxx (pick a number)
7. drug patents shall be limited to 3 years

problem solved, cost to the taxpayer---------ZERO.

I can agree with all of these but do you think #6 would be no cost to the taxpayer?

Wouldn't the problem of those not insured, thus using the emergency room, still exist? Or does your plan include something for everyone to have a health care plan?

On edit I think, 1,2 and 6 would be added cost to the taxpayer. Maybe not through direct tax but it would increase the cost of health care, IMO.

good catch

1 and 2 might raise premiums.
6 would be a taxpayer cost, but trillions less than the cost of ACA. assume that 10 million would be getting govt paid insurance and that it cost $2000 per year -- 200 million, a drop in the bucket to the federal budget.

I am not trying to tear down you ideas merely discuss them.

Where does a person buy health care insurance, which is decent, for 2000/year? Sign me up right now.

the easy answer would be to repeal it and then pass a one page law that said the following:

1. insurance companies cannot deny coverage to anyone with a pre-existing condition
6. the govt will buy a medical policy for every citizen whose AGI is less than $xxxx (pick a number)

I can agree with all of these but do you think #6 would be no cost to the taxpayer?

Wouldn't the problem of those not insured, thus using the emergency room, still exist? Or does your plan include something for everyone to have a health care plan?

On edit I think, 1,2 and 6 would be added cost to the taxpayer. Maybe not through direct tax but it would increase the cost of health care, IMO.

good catch

6 would be a taxpayer cost, but trillions less than the cost of ACA. assume that 10 million would be getting govt paid insurance and that it cost $2000 per year -- 200 million, a drop in the bucket to the federal budget.

All of which is great ideas, other than the existing program, ACA, will be massaged and reformed.

Nope, TeaPs, it will never be repealed.

Is that why the Tea Party tried to destroy the economy? They just wanted to teach liberals a lesson?

first tell me how the 30 or 40 tea party members of the house have the power to shut down the govt, default on the debt, put barricades around monuments, and "destroy the economy".

Your short term memory loss gives lie to your claim that you have an MBA. They did it by breaking their oath and not passing a bill to fully fund the legislation that was required to operate the government. They also threatened to destroy the economy by not raising the debt ceiling either.

And your short term memory reflects your refusal to research your claim. From Forbes;

Victory Over Obamacare: How To Embarrass The Democrats Into Funding The Government - Forbes

House Republicans sent over to the Democrat majority Senate three Continuing Resolutions (CRs) to fund the government. The Senate Democrat majority shot each one down on a unanimous straight party line vote. Every supposed Senate Democrat moderate marched in goose step with the liberal/left party line. Even supposed maverick Joe Manchin of West Virginia, from a state being crucified by the party liberals, voted with the Senate Democrat majority to shut down the government.

Senator Heidi Heitkamp won her race in North Dakota last year by 1% running as a supposed moderate Democrat. The people of her state overwhelmingly oppose Obamacare. But Heitkamp, like Manchin, would rather shut down the government than compromise over Obamacare.

The last CR the Republican House sent over to the Democrat Senate even funded all of Obamacare, except it required a one year delay in the highly unpopular individual mandate, to match Obama’s arbitrary and illegal one year delay in the employer mandate that Obama declared by decree without legal authorization. And it nullified the special exemption from the requirements of Obamacare for Congress and its staff that the Obama Administration decreed as well without legal authorization.

But every single Democrat in the Senate voted to keep the special exemption from Obamacare for Congress and its staff, and against the same one year delay in the mandate on working people that Obama illegally granted for the mandate on big business.

The House was perfectly willing to fund the government; everything but Obamacare. And they were correct in doing so.

And your short term memory reflects your refusal to research your claim. From Forbes;

Victory Over Obamacare: How To Embarrass The Democrats Into Funding The Government - Forbes

House Republicans sent over to the Democrat majority Senate three Continuing Resolutions (CRs) to fund the government. The Senate Democrat majority shot each one down on a unanimous straight party line vote. Every supposed Senate Democrat moderate marched in goose step with the liberal/left party line. Even supposed maverick Joe Manchin of West Virginia, from a state being crucified by the party liberals, voted with the Senate Democrat majority to shut down the government.

Senator Heidi Heitkamp won her race in North Dakota last year by 1% running as a supposed moderate Democrat. The people of her state overwhelmingly oppose Obamacare. But Heitkamp, like Manchin, would rather shut down the government than compromise over Obamacare.

The last CR the Republican House sent over to the Democrat Senate even funded all of Obamacare, except it required a one year delay in the highly unpopular individual mandate, to match Obama’s arbitrary and illegal one year delay in the employer mandate that Obama declared by decree without legal authorization. And it nullified the special exemption from the requirements of Obamacare for Congress and its staff that the Obama Administration decreed as well without legal authorization.

But every single Democrat in the Senate voted to keep the special exemption from Obamacare for Congress and its staff, and against the same one year delay in the mandate on working people that Obama illegally granted for the mandate on big business.

The House was perfectly willing to fund the government; everything but Obamacare. And they were correct in doing so.

The Tea Party tried the suggestion in your article and it failed miserably. Furthermore they were proven wrong and ended up having to obey their Constitutional obligations and fully fund the government. BTW your article is dated 10/4 and the full funding bill was signed into law on 10/17. Still having trouble dealing with the facts, Kathy?

Obama is a lame duck. The concern for the dems is the NEXT presidency. It isn't looking hopeful for them.

Really? Because polls still have Hillary handily defeating anyone the GOP puts up, from Christy the Hutt to Rand the Plangerizer.

Sure, Uncle Joe. You forgot to add "period"

Again, guy, you're not going to win an election on the national level without some changes.

You just don't have enough angry old white people to go around.

Sorry bout that,

Obama is a lame duck. The concern for the dems is the NEXT presidency. It isn't looking hopeful for them.

1. a) Obama should be run out of office over this.
1. b) Don't you liberal scums worry, the liberal media will clean Obama up, they will say its not so bad after all, and all the drones,.....the liberals will all nod their heads in agreement, 60 million plus voters will all sigh in relief.....:doubt:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

ACA is forcing the mainstream Dems and Pubs to work together, forcing the extremists of the far right and far left with their radical agendas to rage and impotence.

so jake, lets see is Landrieu and her bill and uts sppters the mainstream or extremist? are the dems who voted yes on the Upton bill mainstream or extremists?:eusa_eh:

The reform and massage of ACA is moderate, mainstream attempts to make it work.

Extreme would be to kill it or make the program a national health care socialized system.

Answer is obvious.

Can you answer the question please?

so jake, lets see is Landrieu and her bill and uts sppters the mainstream or extremist? are the dems who voted yes on the Upton bill mainstream or extremists?:eusa_eh:

Extreme would be to kill it or make the program a national health care socialized system.

Answer is obvious.

123 fine....

5. no.

6. 30K.

7. no way.

exactly right, liberal programs never work, never have, never will. But I guess we have to destroy our economy in order to learn that simple lesson.

In one thread the liberals will say that the republicans have done nothing about the debt. In the next thread they will bitch that the Republicans shut down government trying to do something about the debt. No pleasing liberals no use trying.

Answer is obvious.

123 fine....

5. no.

6. 30K.

7. no way.

But I am interested in how you came about 30K and why no way to 7.

123 fine....

5. no.

6. 30K.

7. no way.

I settled on 30K becasue the flat tax proposal by Forbes makes sense to me, they would not be paying ANY tax under that income level and, they will get da freebee health care, there will be little left for the left to whine about...( not that they pay net Fed. taxes right now anyway, or that would shut them up, but I can dream;)

as far as the patent goes, they need more than 3 years to recoup research/development costs and turn a profit.

123 fine....

5. no.

6. 30K.

7. no way.

I settled on 30K becasue the flat tax proposal by Forbes makes sense to me, they would not be paying ANY tax under that income level and, they will get da freebee health care, there will be little left for the left to whine about...( not that they pay net Fed. taxes right now anyway, or that would shut them up, but I can dream;)

as far as the patent goes, they need more than 3 years to recoup research/development costs and turn a profit.

Pfizer had a income of 58 billion last year. But I did read where they were feeling the pain of patents running out after 10 years. What I don't understand is why we pay more for the same drugs, so I am told, that they pay in Canada. And I don't understand, if I got this right, why they made mail order to Canada illegal. I understand making the drug company rich for support of Obamacare but it sure seems unfair.

And you folks are doing what Congress is finally doing: trying to make it work.

Good for you.

your short term memory resembles that of a tree snail.

There was plenty of money coming in to the treasury every week to pay the interest on the debt (we never pay anything on the principal), fund the military and all but 15% of "non essential" govt functions. It was obama who directed the shutdown, barricaded monuments, and sent govt employees home.

Raising the debt ceiling is not needed to "fully fund the legislation that was required to run the government". New debt is for new spending, not old spending.

But on that topic, mr fiscal wizard, how much debt is too much? currently its 17 trillion. Is 25 trillion too much, 50 trillion? 100 trillion? When will you libs call a halt to spending more than we take in? or do you think it can just go on forever?

good catch

I am not trying to tear down you ideas merely discuss them.

Where does a person buy health care insurance, which is decent, for 2000/year? Sign me up right now.

just a number for example purposes, make it any number you like. its still a drop in the bucket compared to the federal budget------oops, if we ever have one again.

And you folks are doing what Congress is finally doing: trying to make it work.

Good for you.

ACA was/is a bad idea put forth in a terrible piece of legislation. The problems with healthcare could have been solved with much simpler legislation as I suggested earlier in the thread.

But face reality, jake. ACA is not about healthcare or insurance. Its about a govt takeover of 1/6 of the economy because those on the left believe that the government can run our lives better than we can.

The good thing about it is that it is failing miserably and the voters are seeing what liberalism really is.

As Krauthammer said last week, ACA and Obama will set liberalism back for the next 50 years-----and thats a good thing for America.

Answer is obvious.

The taxpayer won't pay for #6? lolol

1. The insurance companies will skirt that easily by setting the cost of a policy for someone with a pre-existing condition at an astronomical level proportionate to the condition. Making a policy available will be meaningless because it will be unaffordable.

2. This will not allow people to keep that insurance they like, which you people are throwing fits over.

Forum List

Back