Gas Hits $8.50 in California

This has been proven to be complete bullshit. You conservatives have yet to offer any policy to increase the wages of low-income workers. Quit bitching about what shouldn’t be done. Show us your solutions.
Our solution is for low-income workers who are unhappy with their pay (many are OK with it since they are middle-class wives just looking to pick up a little extra money while their kids are in school) is to take advantage of Pell Grants and get some free vocational training that will make them more marketable to an employer.

YOUR solution is to force employers to give low-skilled workers more than the market says they’re worth.

Our solution is for low-income workers who are unhappy with their pay (many are OK with it since they are middle-class wives just looking to pick up a little extra money while their kids are in school) is to take advantage of Pell Grants and get some free vocational training that will make them more marketable to an employer.

YOUR solution is to force employers to give low-skilled workers more than the market says they’re worth.
The conservative solution to the working poor is..

“Stop being poor.”

The conservative solution to the working poor is..

“Stop being poor.”
Sure, and we give them the tools to make that happen. That’s how my parents rose from abject poverty to the upper-middle class.

The liberal solution to the working poor is to expect nothing more of them, and just give them more of other people’s money.

You want to give the man a fish. We want to teach him how to fish.

Then stop destroying unions and blocking $15 minimum wage, conservative.
What unions have been destroyed recently? Hell, I don't think there are any minimum wage jobs in my area, all are $15 plus and Panda Express is starting at $19. I know people will still bitch about low pay because people tend to spend more than they make, just the way most are.

Is this a joke? The first thing Republicans do is go after teachers unions. Then they pass “right to work” for less money laws.
Then you should be able to name the unions that Republicans have destroyed. I want specifics because you say teacher's unions, I know several right to work states where there are teacher's unions. Only five do not and two of the five voted for Biden.

Bullshit. No you don’t. Name a piece of legislation passed by Republicans in the last 40 years that specifically helps the working poor.

I noticed you skipped right over how my parents went from total poverty to affluence - by taking advantage of the free education and working their butts off to improve their situations. Doesn’t fit the liberal narrative.

And why does it have to be new legislation? We have Pell Grants. NOBODY has to be poor - all they have to do is fill out a form to get the Pell Grant and enroll in a program, paid for by taxpayers.

Poor people need to take SOME responsibility to better themselves via the free educational opportunities provided to them.

I noticed you slipped right over now my parents went from total poverty to affluence - by taking advantage of the free education and working their butts off to improve their situations.

And why does it have to be new legislation? We have Pell Grants. NOBODY has to be poor - all they have to do is fill out a form to get the Pell Grant and enroll in a program, paid for by taxpayers.

Poor people need to take SOME responsibility to better themselves via the free educational opportunities provided to them.
Can’t name a single REPUBLICAN legislation that helps the working poor. Got it. Pay attention, folks.

Then you should be able to name the unions that Republicans have destroyed. I want specifics because you say teacher's unions, I know several right to work states where there are teacher's unions. Only five do not and two of the five voted for Biden.
Don’t get cute, conservative. We all know why right-to-work for less laws exist.

Can’t name a single REPUBLICAN legislation that helps the working poor. Got it. Pay attention, folks.
Damn but you are an idiot. Why introduce NEW legislation when we have great legislation right now that enables the poor to move to the middle class?

And you keep skipping over how my poor parents moved from poverty to affluence by taking advantage of the free education provided to them.

Damn but you are an idiot. Why introduce NEW legislation when we have great legislation right now that enables the poor to move to the middle class?

And you keep skipping over how my poor parents moved from poverty to affluence by taking advantage of the free education provided to them.
Translation: There is no REPUBLICAN legislation to help the working poor.

Free education is great I agree. Why do you conservatives gut public schools funding?

Forum List

Back