Gas prices falling. All credit to Obama.

Obama lowered the price of gas??? How?

I'm not really saying he did. I'm pointing out that conservatives tried to blame him for high gas prices , so I'm demanding that they give him credit for gas prices now that they're lower.

And I do think our smaller footprint in the middle east is helping. The chest thumping GOP , with their blood-soaked foreign policy, was a big reason for higher oil prices.

Oh bullshit.

Low gas prices go hand in hand with a smaller economy. We are shrinking.....

Then how do you explain the Clinton economic boom years?

Enron campaign contributions.

Ok, that was a joke. The price of gasoline in the Clinton years was driven by a production market share price war, between Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.

Actually most OPEC countries were cheating on their production quotas. This was due to the fact that prices had reached their peak. Asian economies were in a free fall. OPEC countries were worried about slumping revenues. So they mistakenly ran up production, flooding the market with crude. The result was a collapse in crude futures from around $70 per bbl to just under $20/bbl. That collapse took about a year.
Remember the term "Oil Glut"?

Gasoline prices drop closer to $3 and could keep falling - NBC News.com

Gasoline prices drop closer to $3 and could keep falling

Remember $3 gas? Well the price is headed down and might get back to that level again after more than three years.

The average price for a gallon of gasoline in the United States fell 6.4 cents in the last two weeks, as crude oil declined and refiners passed on the difference to motorists.
=====================================================

How are conservatives gonna spin this? I can't wait to read their laughable, dissembling posts and cringe-inducing, lame-o excuses.

Conservatives spent years trying to blame Obama for high gas prices, and denying that prices were actually even higher during the Bushtarded Regime.

I don't know how much of a role a President plays in gas prices, but conservatives believe its a huge role, so give Obama high praise for bringing prices down.

If there's any reason that its happening now, it's probably the positive and constructive changes to Iran's sanctions, and their positive moves in response. A pro-peace President, who recognizes Iran's right to have a peaceful nuclear program will help bring gas prices down.

So are you going to blame him when prices go up or just make excuses?

My guess, excuses.

If you remember correctly, Bush was blamed by Pelosi and Democrats for the high prices. When they dropped in the fall of 2008, it wasn't Bush getting the credit.

I find it amusing how liberals are spinning their tale.

Obama lowered the price of gas??? How?

I'm not really saying he did. I'm pointing out that conservatives tried to blame him for high gas prices , so I'm demanding that they give him credit for gas prices now that they're lower.

And I do think our smaller footprint in the middle east is helping. The chest thumping GOP , with their blood-soaked foreign policy, was a big reason for higher oil prices.

This Conservative never blamed Obama for high gas prices.

And this Conservative will not give Obama credit for jack shit.

Smaller Middle East footprint? Yes, thanks to independent ingenuity here in the U.S.

Blood-soaked foreign policy? LOL you stupid fuck.

When it was over $4, the libs said the President had nothing to do with it. What is different now?

I get it, libs lie when it benefits them!

The OP is lying to you now. Gas prices are high. If you lived and drove 50 years ago.

No, they are not. In fact, adjusted for inflation, gas prices are THE SAME now as they were in 1981..
There is one station near here which has the lowest price of $3.09 per gallon.
That is equivalent to the $1.21 per gallon I was paying in NJ in 1981 Dollars.
That according to the US Dept of Labor BLS inflation calculator...
Any questions?
Now to be fair, of course the US Economy was not in the best of shape in the early 1970's.
Most stations around my home town were in the 35 to 40 cents per gal range...I picked 1972 deliberately because that was before the infamous Arab Oil Embargo.
Anyway, that price( I used to lower of 35 cpg) is equivalent to $1.96. so if one wishes to go back to an economically troubled time, gas is more expensive now than is was 41 years ago..
One thing of import. Up until the mid 80's there was no trading of oil and gasoline futures. Prices were at the mercy of the oil companies. But, those companies had to price their products competitively.

Remember $3 gas? Well the price is headed down and might get back to that level again after more than three years.

The average price for a gallon of gasoline in the United States fell 6.4 cents in the last two weeks, as crude oil declined and refiners passed on the difference to motorists.

How are conservatives gonna spin this? I can't wait to read their laughable, dissembling posts and cringe-inducing, lame-o excuses.

Conservatives spent years trying to blame Obama for high gas prices, and denying that prices were actually even higher during the Bushtarded Regime.

I don't know how much of a role a President plays in gas prices, but conservatives believe its a huge role, so give Obama high praise for bringing prices down.

If there's any reason that its happening now, it's probably the positive and constructive changes to Iran's sanctions, and their positive moves in response. A pro-peace President, who recognizes Iran's right to have a peaceful nuclear program will help bring gas prices down.

I paid $2.84 today. Thank you Obama!!! That ought to get you righties' shorts in a tight wad.

Gas is down cause production is up.

WRONG......Do some research. DEMAND is down.

Gas prices almost always drop in the winter, and this happens for two reasons. The first is that we drive less in the winter. The second is that refineries are not required to have as many different formulations for emission regulations during the winter which reduces refining costs. Of course there are a buttload of other reasons too, but just to piss you cons off, I'm going to give Obama the credit, lol.

Think about it......what has gotten better since Barry took office?

Absolutely nothing. Everything has fallen deeper into the shitter.

But at least after 5 years, the public is finally on to this fraud >>>>>

I paid $2.84 today. Thank you Obama!!! That ought to get you righties' shorts in a tight wad.

Ok..let's try it this way.
Offer examples of specific things Obama has done that DIRECTLY affected the oil and gas markets so that prices have now began a downward slide.
Be mindful. This price slide was predicted 6 months ago. Oil markets analysts were in agreement that the marketplace fundamentals could not support the levels at which they were last spring.
You are free to thank Obama, kiss his pinky ring or offer to lick his feet. It doesn't change the facts..
Obama has done everything in his power to limit our domestic oil production. As of yet, he has been unable to stop the natural gas boom.
Obama has made it abundantly clear he opposes the use of fossil fuels . He has through political fiat, turned loose the the EPA in an attempt to set up a system of carbon use taxation. Obama has dumped billions into his 'green initiative' with disastrous results. He has threatened to bankrupt the coal industry. And threatened the country with skyrocketing electrical rates.
Meanwhile, his admin has funneled billions in subsidies for electric cars and charging stations. All funded by the taxpayers. In addition, these so called environmentally conscious battery powered car owners get their batteries charged for free, don't care a lick what it takes to generate their 'free' electricity.
The bottom line is Obama's policies have helped hold prices over $3 for reg gas and heating oil. The ONLY reason the prices are falling is due to decreasing demand. The marketplace could not support the higher prices. Period.
So despite Obama's efforts to ram his version of conservation down our throats, it has not worked.
So, now I will wait for those examples.

When gas prices were running five bucks and higher in places it was you loony lefturds that claimed it wasn't Obama's fault. But now prices are dropping you want to give him the credit.

You people are so fucking retarded.

Low gas prices go hand in hand with a smaller economy. We are shrinking.....

Not always. Isn't this the time of year that the price of gas goes down from the summer?

The economy is shrinking?

Only if you listen to AM radio.

It's when the transfer to winter mix goes in place.
It's cheaper to make the winter mix.

Actually there are over 40 'boutique' blends of gasoline that are specific to over 40 metro regions. Once the hot weather wanes, the refineries stop making these blends and go back to normal gasoline production.
The reason gas prices rise in summer is two fold.
One, demand increases.
Two, refineries that create the blends must shut down to retool for the boutique blends. This creates a temporary artificial shortage of gasoline and of course commodities traders bid up the prices.

The thing here that is actually ironic, is Obama and all American liberals want high gas prices, so this is bad news to them

Gas is down cause production is up.

WRONG......Do some research. DEMAND is down.

Gas prices almost always drop in the winter, and this happens for two reasons. The first is that we drive less in the winter. The second is that refineries are not required to have as many different formulations for emission regulations during the winter which reduces refining costs. Of course there are a buttload of other reasons too, but just to piss you cons off, I'm going to give Obama the credit, lol.

Oh you're pissing off anyone. You are simply an Obama sycophant.
Face it, you have a man crush on the guy.
Oh, next time you respond, come back with your own idea, instead of parroting just to make others believe you know something.

Everybody is wrong! Unless the price is regulated, no sitting President is responsible for gasoline prices.

The truth is, it's fixed, like everything else traded on the commodity market.

Forum List

Back