Gas prices, thank you President Obama!

While I'm glad the price of gas is down slightly, Obama has nothing to do with it. Just like he'll have nothing to do with it when the price jumps in a few weeks for Labor Day.

The average U.S. price of gasoline has dipped 6 cents a gallon in the past two weeks and prices in California have fallen 9 cents in the same time period.

Survey: US Gas Prices Down 6 Cents a Gallon - ABC News

Kudos where kudos are due :)

Why are you thanking him.
What exactly did he do to get the price down?
Were you also critical of him when the price at the pump was high for years?

Allow me.

The OP is mocking you and every USMB nutter. That you don't see that makes the mocking that much more fun.

It must be liberal magic. Barry goes golfing and gas prices drop six cents. When Bush left office gas was around $1.84.

Has it EVER went below $3.00 a gallons since he took office?

as someone said, it was 1.89 a gallon

in your best effort trying to be intelligent, tell the people how he managed to keep gas prices around $3 a gallon when the price of oil spiked from 24$ a barrel to 150$ a barrel BEFORE he ever took office.

Oil was $77brl when obama was selected.

Last edited:
People who are grateful for overpriced fuel dropping by six cents are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Like being whipped less ferociously deserves praise.
Obama's corrupt green agenda and subsequent reimposing of drilling restrictions directly caused fuel prices to be more than double what they should be and has kept our economy in the hole. Those who dispute that are either ignorant and/or are partisan sheeple.

I agree with the bolded part - the rest is just your regular retard drivel.

I got gas at Costco yesterday for $3.23 and other people were like "isn't it great?" Well, yeah, compared to $3.58, but it sucks compared to how low it should be and how low it can be if Congress does their job for the people instead of Wall Street.

Congress could have us back at $2.00 very easily.

And....Congress could have us much closer to being a nation that isn't dependent on gasoline to move people.

yep.....

The first time gas shot up over a dollar a gallon, Clinton was in office.

Therefore, all gas price hikes from that fateful day in 2001 are the fault of the democrats until the end of time.

The end.

Actually, Carter was the first POTUS to manage US gasoline up over $1/gal.

Obama!! Obama!! Obama!!!

We're gonna spread happiness
We're gonna spread freedom
Obama's gonna change it
Obama's gonna lead 'em

We're gonna change it
And rearrange it
We're gonna change the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who are grateful for overpriced fuel dropping by six cents are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Like being whipped less ferociously deserves praise.
Obama's corrupt green agenda and subsequent reimposing of drilling restrictions directly caused fuel prices to be more than double what they should be and has kept our economy in the hole. Those who dispute that are either ignorant and/or are partisan sheeple.

I agree with the bolded part - the rest is just your regular retard drivel.

I got gas at Costco yesterday for $3.23 and other people were like "isn't it great?" Well, yeah, compared to $3.58, but it sucks compared to how low it should be and how low it can be if Congress does their job for the people instead of Wall Street.

Congress could have us back at $2.00 very easily.

Yo, moron sheeple obama apologist partisan, do you know how much gasoline cost in Jan 2009? I'd love to hear your BS explanation for why it was $4 in July 08 and what it was in Jan 09.

Here's your chart

Annual-gas-prices-1919-2011.jpg

The ONLY way to bring gasoline prices down is to cap at the pump. The only way that is going to happen is by getting rid of Republicans.

Good lord, some people are so mentally impaired that they still believe Obama has anything to do with the price of gas. He'd make it 10 bucks a gallon if he could but he can't.

Wut? I've read on this forum numerous times that Obama is responsible for the price of gas.

Fail.

I remember reading numerous times on this same forum Bush was responsible for the price of gas I also recall in November of 2008 when Obama was elected gas here was down to $1.35 a gallon it is currently $3.25 a gallon.

Good lord, some people are so mentally impaired that they still believe Obama has anything to do with the price of gas. He'd make it 10 bucks a gallon if he could but he can't.

Wut? I've read on this forum numerous times that Obama is responsible for the price of gas.

Fail.

I remember reading numerous times on this same forum Bush was responsible for the price of gas I also recall in November of 2008 when Obama was elected gas here was down to $1.35 a gallon it is currently $3.25 a gallon.
At least there is someone besides myself who actually has an accurate memory. The price was in the $1.30's through most of the country on Jan 11, 2009. Upon obama's pronouncements of renewing drilling moratoriums and denying new drilling permits and accentuating so-called renewables, the price went up immediately and we have all wasted thousands annually because of this hack administration's bullshit energy policy.
And some moron comes along and wants us to celebrate a six-cent drop. A drop in the ocean.

Here's your chart

Annual-gas-prices-1919-2011.jpg

The ONLY way to bring gasoline prices down is to cap at the pump. The only way that is going to happen is by getting rid of Republicans.

Your graph does not represent the current reality, and sadly, I don't think disposing of the GOP has a snowball's chance!

Here is a graph, below, of more relevance covering average US gas prices over the last 10 years. See if you can spot any discrepancies.

**** Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com ****

Forum List

Back